PS5 vs Xbox Series X

Ludo*1

PS5 or Xbox Series X?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the standard edition, you're basically getting a 4k Blu ray disc player thrown in for an£90 extra. Even though I have a 4k blu ray player and decent size selection of 4k discs, it suits me to get the standard console, then i can watch my movie collection in a different room. I don't like the idea of being tied down to buying digital edition games from the playstore as well as quite often on the PS4 ive found the discs cheaper elsewhere.
I didn't even think about DVDs and Blu-Rays. I use my PS4 for them and will use whichever next gen console to play them too so it'll definitely be the disc drive version for me. Plus I just like physical copies of things and they're often cheaper.

Bit of a cluster-f**k with Game so I'm still not actually sure if I've managed to secure one or not. 

You can't blame Sony for Game website crashing etc but Sony did specifically state that pre-orders wouldn't just drop like that and there would be plenty of notice given, which could've given these companies extra time to put extra resources in place to cope. 

32 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Bit of a cluster-f**k with Game so I'm still not actually sure if I've managed to secure one or not. 

You can't blame Sony for Game website crashing etc but Sony did specifically state that pre-orders wouldn't just drop like that and there would be plenty of notice given, which could've given these companies extra time to put extra resources in place to cope. 

Was in game shop just half an hour ago. Was 140 out of 150 orders they had 

Not much notice in terms of the pre orders, completely missed Amazon selling out this morning.

Having amassed £300 in vouchers from Amazon over the year, I’ve somewhat committed to buying from there. May take a look at Argos tomorrow and put the vouchers to other things, or just wait til after launch for Amazon to restock it.

Fair play to Sony on the price though!

3 hours ago, #Gary said:

That you absolutely can blame them for, right enough.  I hadn't realised Sony had specifically said they'd give notice.  In which case, spectacular own-goal from them, and they deserve the kicking they'll get.  Not that they'll care of course.

Argos look like they've had their own brand of shitting the bed.  Several reports of people buying multiple consoles due to not getting confirmations, and of course they're taking money up front.  Granted these could be people who intended to buy multiples and sell them on eBay for huge profits, but still.

Absolute disaster.

Reluctant to give a company £450 when I'm not seeing anything for it for 2 months. Bound to be loads more of these in time for Xmas, don't mind holding off until then.
I wouldn't be getting one straight away this time as I don't get to play as much but in this instance I'm glad. PS4 was exactly the same as you've described. I got mine straight away and after finishing Black Flag it felt like ages before another title I wanted to play came out.

I feel like Arkham Knight was the first PS4/XB1 game that seemed like a giant step up in tech from the previous gen, and that was a year and a half after the consoles were released. Maybe Cyberpunk arriving so early this gen will represent that step up?

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
41 minutes ago, Boostin said:
Reluctant to give a company £450 when I'm not seeing anything for it for 2 months. Bound to be loads more of these in time for Xmas, don't mind holding off until then.

I wouldn't be getting one straight away this time as I don't get to play as much but in this instance I'm glad. PS4 was exactly the same as you've described. I got mine straight away and after finishing Black Flag it felt like ages before another title I wanted to play came out.

I've got one of the first PS4s 500GB and it's needs to be replaced.  I have a problem with the motherboard so can't use an external hard drive.  Can tell it's old as well playing it on RDR2 the graphics blur around AM and horse when galloping for example.  Always intended getting PS5 on launch but will have no problem holding off till December.

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Yeah, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm unlikely to get one at release.  One of two things will happen - either units become a lot less scarce, and most people who want one get one, or shops have been waaaaaay too overzealous with pre-orders, and a lot of people will get told they're not getting a Day 1.

Anyway, FIFA will likely be busier on PS4, and I've still got plenty I want to finish off on the old one.  A PS5 by the end of the year would be nice.

Both companies have did all they could to make buying the new console optional which I'm happy with. Microsoft's Game Pass had me sold on the new console months ago but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about going completely discless (especially with the prices ramping up) so I'm going to *try* and see how it works itself out for a few months then dive in. I definitely made the vast majority of my purchases digitally on the XBone and PS4 but there's a few titles that come out on launch I really want to play that are £10-20 cheaper by getting the disc.

I'm not so sure. If covid hits again there could be production issue. Christmas is only a couple of months away. If there are shortages now I would expect shortages at Christmas
Both companies have did all they could to make buying the new console optional which I'm happy with. Microsoft's Game Pass had me sold on the new console months ago but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about going completely discless (especially with the prices ramping up) so I'm going to *try* and see how it works itself out for a few months then dive in. I definitely made the vast majority of my purchases digitally on the XBone and PS4 but there's a few titles that come out on launch I really want to play that are £10-20 cheaper by getting the disc.
The price of the gamepass has just gone up :(

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, Boostin said:

You can play ps4 games on it and dosnt it comes with a few games on day of release? 

The PSN sales have been getting steadily worse over the past few years, with worse variety and smaller discounts.
The UK store is usually pretty dire but a Turkish or Indonesian account and a Revolut card will save you a few quid.