1. 1. Neil Doncaster's performance deserves:

• A slap in the pus
    • A boot in the baws
    • Neither
    • Both
    • Sacking
    • Hingin's too good fur him

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/20 at 01:24

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not as if this is Doncasters first feck up either . He has a history of making a complete mess of things. I just cant believe that for 350k a year we couldnt get someone a whole lot better.

And yet, until now, the clubs have done nothing to try and remove him in the entire time he's been in post.

That isn't a defence of Doncaster but a criticism of the clubs.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

And yet, until now, the clubs have done nothing to try and remove him in the entire time he's been in post.

Your right on that point it's quite incredible hes still there. As pointed out earlier though that says to me that some individuals from certain teams are quite happy to have a clueless patsy like him as ceo.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Belgium, Holland and France all decided their seasons were over, and decided if any titles or relegations would be handed out. 

In Belgium their football authorities decided to end the season. However that required to be ratified by the clubs and the govt stepped in and said there would be no football till august. In Holland the authorities asked the clubs to vote and when they didn’t like the result decided to do the opposite of what the clubs voted for. In France the government took the decision. So none of these are examples of where the football authorities have dealt with it in any better manner. The spfl could not have decided the matter without asking the clubs so your criticism of them having a vote is hardly justified

Your thoughts please?

He has an impossible job.

All the clubs that are making the noise are those that are losing out- ie being relegated or believing they can get promotion or even win the league(Rangers[emoji23])Time will tell whether this is a loud minority or we have a silent majority.

Its all down to self interest. I have no problem with that( just be honest about it) - but we eventually have to look beyond that. It feels like people arguing over the seating plan at the Captains table on the Titanic after it has hit the iceberg!

Doncaster has done well when being interviewed by people who don’t understand the difference between an advance and a loan.In England the Premiership and Championship are going to have the same battle due to self interest- hasn’t really happened yet because they have a wealthier league - but it will happen.

This squabbling and further investigations will continue to brand damage the leagues and make the finding of sponsors even harder.

We need to ensure that as many teams as possible can survive this pandemic disaster -reconstruction may naturally follow through clubs failing-clubs are in a desperate situation and they need to be united to get support from Government or other parties.

I know for sure this is less likely to happen if the open warfare continues...I think this is Doncaster’s fear- as I say impossible job.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf to Craig, he’s backed Doncaster all the way through.

Personally I think Doncaster has had a mare and needs to be removed from the post however Craig is entitled to his opinion.

I don't think he backed him as such, but other posters shout out knee jerk reactions and he points out the rules and articles of association don't usually allow whatever hare brained idea they've vomited on to our screens.

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This

Hope Rangers get rinsed on the vote tomorrow and not because I defend Doncaster just because its Rangers

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don't think he backed him as such, but other posters shout out knee jerk reactions and he points out the rules and articles of association don't usually allow whatever hare brained idea they've vomited on to our screens.

That wasn’t a dig at all. He’s an advocate of the job Doncaster’s doing.

My point was around people all having different opinions on the subject.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That wasn’t a dig at all. He’s an advocate of the job Doncaster’s doing.

My point was around people all having different opinions on the subject.

I didn't think it was, but opinion is polarising a bit. I've always been in the Doncaster is rubbish camp. I hate the cockwomble pish though. The supporters of the aggrieved clubs seem to think pointing out any flaw in their argument is a note of support for the SPFL or it's office bearers.

Listened to the very indignant BBC panel on Saturday and Sunday all of who were wailing at how bad the situation, the personalities and SPFL are. 'Poor Hearts, Thistle, Falkirk and Stranraer.'

Tom English counted Brora and Kelty as SPFL members when they aren't and he repeatedly called them 'Broray'. 1

None of them and few elsewhere have come up with any realistic solutions. If reconstruction is the issue rather than calling the leagues, surely we need to remember it was the member clubs not the SPFL, who kicked the idea out. None of them wanted to dilute their prize money.

Re  final league positions; who can deny Celtic, Dundee Utd and Cove. The uncertainty is in1st Div and the closeness of the top 2, but should this stop the other 3 leagues?  If we accept the top positions, can we really argue with the relegation spots. Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer have been pretty much bottom all season?

Form me, the shittest decision is for Thistle...1 point behind but with a game in hand. I can't imagine this was Doncaster'a solo decision.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Listened to the very indignant BBC panel on Saturday and Sunday all of who were wailing at how bad the situation, the personalities and SPFL are. 'Poor Hearts, Thistle, Falkirk and Stranraer.'

Tom English counted Brora and Kelty as SPFL members when they aren't and he repeatedly called them 'Broray'. 1

None of them and few elsewhere have come up with any realistic solutions. If reconstruction is the issue rather than calling the leagues, surely we need to remember it was the member clubs not the SPFL, who kicked the idea out. None of them wanted to dilute their prize money.

Re  final league positions; who can deny Celtic, Dundee Utd and Cove. The uncertainty is in1st Div and the closeness of the top 2, but should this stop the other 3 leagues?  If we accept the top positions, can we really argue with the relegation spots. Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer have been pretty much bottom all season?

Form me, the shittest decision is for Thistle...1 point behind but with a game in hand. I can't imagine this was Doncaster'a solo decision.

The spfl championed the idea of reconstruction and then did nothing to try and get it passed. You wouldve thought if you are championing an idea you would first check to see if the clubs actually were going to back it first and then garner support by phone calls etc like they did with their precious vote.. It would seem they pushed the idea out knowing it was never actually going to happen though just to try and get their vote through.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't think it was, but opinion is polarising a bit. I've always been in the Doncaster is rubbish camp. I hate the cockwomble pish though. The supporters of the aggrieved clubs seem to think pointing out any flaw in their argument is a note of support for the SPFL or it's office bearers.

A lot  of us wanted Doncaster out long before the recent shambles though. As I said it's not his first feck up and it wont be his last. It's not a simple case of sour grapes just because in this case it's our clubs that have been affected  certainly in my case anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The spfl championed the idea of reconstruction and then did nothing to try and get it passed. You wouldve thought if you are championing an idea you would first check to see if the clubs actually were going to back it first. It would seem they pushed the idea out knowing it was never actually going to happen though just to try and get their vote through.

The thing that shocked me is the clubs that voted down the reconstruction Aberdeen, Hibs, Ross County, Livingstone, St Johnstone and Dundee United.

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The spfl championed the idea of reconstruction and then did nothing to try and get it passed. You wouldve thought if you are championing an idea you would first check to see if the clubs actually were going to back it first and then garner support by phone calls etc like they did with their precious vote.. It would seem they pushed the idea out knowing it was never actually going to happen though just to try and get their vote through.

This in spades.

We all know the saying, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". Every club below the Premiership should be ashamed of themselves for falling for this crap from Doncaster again.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A lot  of us wanted Doncaster out long before the recent shambles though. As I said it's not his first feck up and it wont be his last. It's not a simple case of sour grapes just because in this case it's our clubs that have been affected  certainly in my case anyway. 

If I could be arsed checking I'd like to see the stats on your post count before the league was suspended compared to after. That's before thinking about the content. 

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

If I could be arsed checking I'd like to see the stats on your post count before the league was suspended compared to after. That's before thinking about the content. 

Of course I'm going to be on here more when this whole thing is going on ffs. I've wanted rid of doncaster for years I can assure you. The guy does nothing for scottish football. 

Tbf to Craig, he’s backed Doncaster all the way through.
Personally I think Doncaster has had a mare and needs to be removed from the post however Craig is entitled to his opinion.

I haven't backed him all the way. I've been critical of the SPFL and the way they've handled this in several posts (and tweets and podcasts). It is, however, worth remembering that his job is basically to act on behalf of the clubs and he is essentially being paid to take all the shit that comes with that.

So a lot of my posts act as a reminder of that and a reminder that despite the desire to pile on to the convenient scapegoat people need to look a little closer to home sometimes. That and a little sprinkling of being the devil's advocate on some topics.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Of course I'm going to be on here more when this whole thing is going on ffs. I've wanted rid of doncaster for years I can assure you. The guy does nothing for scottish football. 

A visionary, to add to your list of qualities.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

No different from a lot of others. I reckon if you held a poll now or even  before this shambles the vast majority of fans would want him out. 

That's my point, you're hardly breaking new ground.

Doncaster has always been shite. But because some posters parents squealing like stuck  pigs to save Hearts or promote Falkirk we have suddenly become Doncaster supporters.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I haven't backed him all the way. I've been critical of the SPFL and the way they've handled this in several posts (and tweets and podcasts). It is, however, worth remembering that his job is basically to act on behalf of the clubs and he is essentially being paid to take all the shit that comes with that.

So a lot of my posts act as a reminder of that and a reminder that despite the desire to pile on to the convenient scapegoat people need to look a little closer to home sometimes. That and a little sprinkling of being the devil's advocate on some topics.

How does he make a job of acting on behalf of the clubs so difficult.  Just carry out your tasks in a well organised and transparent way and your half way there.  Organising a vote of 42 clubs without making a mess of it shouldnt be that hard for a guy on 350k a year for goodness sake . If people complain to you about bullying dont tell folk that noone complained to you especially when it's no even been you doing the bullying. Give clubs every bit of info they need to make decisions on the way forward. Give them options and back up those options with fully investigated pros and cons no mibbaes aye mibbaes no nonsense and let the clubs decide as you say he's only working on their behalf.  You cant please everyone but if you do things the right way theres a lot less come back from the minority who lose out than there is if you make an arse of it and dont act in a fully transparent manner. Should be no reason for him to be against an independent enquiry either if it's getting financed by others and truly independent.  I'd be happy to get my name cleared of all wrongdoing once and for all and to shut up rangers.