1. 1. Neil Doncaster's performance deserves:

• A slap in the pus
    • A boot in the baws
    • Neither
    • Both
    • Sacking
    • Hingin's too good fur him

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/20 at 01:24

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How does he make a job of acting on behalf of the clubs so difficult.  Just carry out your tasks in a well organised and transparent way and your half way there.  Organising a vote of 42 clubs without making a mess of it shouldnt be that hard for a guy on 350k a year for goodness sake . If people complain to you about bullying dont tell folk that noone complained to you especially when it's no even been you doing the bullying. Give clubs every bit of info they need to make decisions on the way forward. Give them options and back up those options with fully investigated pros and cons no mibbaes aye mibbaes no nonsense and let the clubs decide as you say he's only working on their behalf.  You cant please everyone but if you do things the right way theres a lot less come back from the minority who lose out than there is if you make an arse of it and dont act in a fully transparent manner. Should be no reason for him to be against an independent enquiry either if it's getting financed by others and truly independent.  I'd be happy to get my name cleared of all wrongdoing once and for all and to shut up rangers.

Have you been in a room with more than one club owner or official? I have, and it's like herding cats. 

Imagine having Doncaster as your surgeon: “Right Mr. Patient, you have some poison in your big toe and other surgeons in the hospital have advised me that they believe that with a little patience, and the correct course of antibiotics and medicine over the course of the next 28 days, that we should be able to save it. Now, the course will cost a few quid but if all your family dip into their wallets and chip in then that shouldn’t be a problem.

However, I am renowned for my dreadful bedside manner and I am of the opinion that the poison in the toe might spread to your leg and that therefore we should amputate your whole leg, just as a precaution. Oh, and by the way, I want to go away for the Easter Holidays in 3 days so I have scheduled the amputation for the day after tomorrow, Good Friday”.

“Happy Holidays!”

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you been in a room with more than one club owner or official? I have, and it's like herding cats. 

He works on the clubs behalf so he really shouldn't be giving a fly feck how the vote goes. All he and the rest of the spfl board should be doing is giving them all the information they need and then ensuring the vote goes off without a hitch.  If that had happened it would be far more difficult for the clubs who lost out to make serious complaints.  Also Reconstruction should never have been placed on the table by the spfl without finding out if there was a full buy in from the required number of clubs. To me hes getting involved in stuff he shouldnt and it's getting him on bother.

Are Doncaster and the board really meant to be neutral though or are they chosen to make decisions for the greater good of all Scottish football? I think the board made their decision then rather than force it, put it to the teams in such a way that they would back it and everyone would move on. That has obviously spectacularly backfired but then they should have seen that coming, if we have learned anything over the past few years it’s that putting it to the electorate will end up in argument, division and fighting.

5 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Are Doncaster and the board really meant to be neutral though or are they chosen to make decisions for the greater good of all Scottish football? I think the board made their decision then rather than force it, put it to the teams in such a way that they would back it and everyone would move on. That has obviously spectacularly backfired but then they should have seen that coming, if we have learned anything over the past few years it’s that putting it to the electorate will end up in argument, division and fighting.

Spot on m8.

6 hours ago, ribzanelli said:

It really hasn't 'spectacularly backfired' though, given that they both got the conclusion that they wanted by the required supermajority and saw Sevco's bleat for an investigation utterly trounced today. Because roughly 80% of clubs have been on the same page as the SPFL board on this from start to finish. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

It really hasn't 'spectacularly backfired' though, given that they both got the conclusion that they wanted by the required supermajority and saw Sevco's bleat for an investigation utterly trounced today. Because roughly 80% of clubs have been on the same page as the SPFL board on this from start to finish. 

Yeah they got what they wanted but it felt like they thought there would be a quick and easy yes vote to endorse their position and then we could all move on quietly but it clearly hasn’t worked out that way.

Doncaster is a businessman who's interest in the Scottish game is dependant on his paycheck.Im sure he does his best for the clubs but only when it suits his agenda.Example...he got what many would argue was a good sponsorship deal with SKY.That is his job.Any delay to the start of the new campaign down to an inability for clubs to call an end to the season could have jeopardized the deal. So underhand tactics were used ..some say bullying others coaxing others revesre psychology ( vote what you like but it doesn't matter as the YES have already won).He achieves his aim for what he argues is the greater good of the game which in this case involved shiteing on Hearts, Thistle and stranraer  from a great height.

Could a deal be renegotiated?I suspect yes but he didnt want to go down that road.He will argue that the deal would still be done but for less cash but i suspect his personal gain from brokering the deal would be under threat or delayed hence his actions. If SKY are investing all this money in the game surely its because they will profit from it too.Its not charity and its not a handout.We give we receive.Again the game is sold short much as Barry Hearn said some years ago.

In what way is the game sold short? The new deal has been reported to be worth about 30million per season. The previous deal was about 18 million per season. The number of games in the new deal is also less so it is a huge increase in payment per game. It is certainly not selling the game short if compared with previous deals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

It may be on another thread somewhere but, what was the 'dirt' ,that The Rangers was going to dish on Doncaster if the reconstruction attempt failed?

Maybe I've simply missed it, but I cant recall seeing it .

Wasn't it that he was a bully? The Rangers felt so bullied by Doncaster that they had one of their board members repeatedly threaten him, to the point that the SPFL board started looking at taking legal action.

I'm not sure they know what that word actually means.

14 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Wasn't it that he was a bully? The Rangers felt so bullied by Doncaster that they had one of their board members repeatedly threaten him, to the point that the SPFL board started looking at taking legal action.

Thanks for that. Didnt miss much then?

Usual shit from them.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

No they never said he was a bully they said people had been bullied but it was by other teams not doncaster. Teams had complained to doncaster who had supposedly then done hee haw about it. I think their main bugbear was that he hadnt told anyone about the fact that if the league was ended early they would owe sky a substantial amount of money. Therefore teams were voting on something they didnt have the full facts on. Don't think either party came out of the whole shambles well to be honest.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No they never said he was a bully they said people had been bullied but it was by other teams not doncaster. Teams had complained to doncaster who had supposedly then done hee haw about it. I think their main bugbear was that he hadnt told anyone about the fact that if the league was ended early they would owe sky a substantial amount of money. Therefore teams were voting on something they didnt have the full facts on. Don't think either party came out of the whole shambles well to be honest.

The thing I found quite funny about that was, back when Celtgers were last trying to force the Colts issue, they bypassed the SPFL and sent their own people out to bully/bribe club chairmen into voting for the proposal. That was apparently fine, but the SPFL board getting in touch with clubs to bully/explain what was likely to happen (delete as appropriate) was beyond the pale.

Edit: I'm sure they did accuse Doncaster of bullying, you know, right up until their dossier was revealed, at which point they claimed to have never accused him of bullying.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The thing I found quite funny about that was, back when Celtgers were last trying to force the Colts issue, they bypassed the SPFL and sent their own people out to bully/bribe club chairmen into voting for the proposal. That was apparently fine, but the SPFL board getting in touch with clubs to bully/explain what was likely to happen (delete as appropriate) was beyond the pale.

Edit: I'm sure they did accuse Doncaster of bullying, you know, right up until their dossier was revealed, at which point they claimed to have never accused him of bullying.

I think they raised the fact that the spfl legal boy had sent them a threatening email after they had complained to them and that therefore they wouldnt be bullied into silence but I dont think it was doncaster himself they pointed the finger at.