1. 1. Neil Doncaster's performance deserves:

• A slap in the pus
    • A boot in the baws
    • Neither
    • Both
    • Sacking
    • Hingin's too good fur him

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/20 at 01:24

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No1 sport  in scotland yet he cant get it a title sponsor. Something well wrong there.

The SPFL currently has a title sponsor, the Ladbrokes deal doesn't run out until the summer. Unless you have inside knowledge that nobody else on this forum does, we have no idea whether or not any deals for a new title sponsor have been discussed, sealed or proposed, and anything that wasn't tied up pre-coronavirus is obviously going to be put on hold.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL currently has a title sponsor, the Ladbrokes deal doesn't run out until the summer. Unless you have inside knowledge that nobody else on this forum does, we have no idea whether or not any deals for a new title sponsor have been discussed, sealed or proposed, and anything that wasn't tied up pre-coronavirus is obviously going to be put on hold.

Christ I never thought I'd ever see so many folk trying to make excuses for this useless cant. Come on if they'd signed a big new deal they'd be crowing about it long before now. These things should be arranged well in advance so that you aren't left in the lurch. I'll come back on and apologise profusely if a deal has been done but I very much doubt it or we'd have heard something and hes had 9 months so far.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ I never thought I'd ever see so many folk trying to make excuses for this useless cant. Come on if they'd signed a big new deal they'd be crowing about it long before now. These things should be arranged well in advance so that you aren't left in the lurch. I'll come back on and apologise profusely if a deal has been done but I very much doubt it or we'd have heard something and hes had 9 months so far.

The Tunnocks deal was signed and sealed well in advance but wasn't announced until the day of the 1st Round draw because that was the way they wanted it to be publicised. I agree that there probably isn't anything in place, but we can't be absolutely sure of that, and the time to get worked up about it is when the season kicks off without a sponsor, not three months before the start of the season when the existing deal hasn't even run out.

Edited by craigkillie

Is the league sponsorship not being given free gratis to Sky as part of the compensation no one was told about? Value £1.5M

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Tunnocks deal was signed and sealed well in advance but wasn't announced until the day of the 1st Round draw because that was the way they wanted it to be publicised. I agree that there probably isn't anything in place, but we can't be absolutely sure of that, and the time to get worked up about it is when the season kicks off without a sponsor, not three months before the start of the season when the existing deal hasn't even run out.

If theres a league sponsor deal in place someone better tell them that doncaster was going to give their deal to sky for feck all then.

The guy shows absolutely no leadership whatsoever, other countries governing bodies have just decided what’s happening and that’s it. Here it’s put to a vote to deflect blame. 

Also, he’s on something like 330k a year plus a 90k bonus. How can the spfl pay him that sort of money but can’t give clubs money to ensure existence. It stinks. 

Nail on the head here.

Get him punted and get that £330K plus cash funnelled to clubs struggling to survive this crisis.

If the best interests of the clubs were really of so much concern to him he would have taken a hefty pay cut already.

The guy shows absolutely no leadership whatsoever, other countries governing bodies have just decided what’s happening and that’s it. Here it’s put to a vote to deflect blame. 

Also, he’s on something like 330k a year plus a 90k bonus. How can the spfl pay him that sort of money but can’t give clubs money to ensure existence. It stinks. 

Can you tell us which countries’ governing bodies have ‘just decided what’s happening’?

21 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Can you tell us which countries’ governing bodies have ‘just decided what’s happening’?

Belgium, Holland and France all decided their seasons were over, and decided if any titles or relegations would be handed out. 

If theres a league sponsor deal in place someone better tell them that doncaster was going to give their deal to sky for feck all then.

If that's true then surely he does have a sponsor lined up after all? And it wouldn't be for nothing, it would be in lieu of money otherwise owed to them as a result of matches being cancelled for reasons outwith the SPFL's control.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If that's true then surely he does have a sponsor lined up after all? And it wouldn't be for nothing, it would be in lieu of money otherwise owed to them as a result of matches being cancelled for reasons outwith the SPFL's control.

He was going to give them it for a fraction of the value ffs.Crazy stuff. Honestly clubs in scotland are struggling for cash but let's give the title sponsorship to sky for peanuts. And your happy with that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

57 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was going to give them it for a fraction of the value ffs.Crazy stuff. Honestly clubs in scotland are struggling for cash but let's give the title sponsorship to sky for peanuts. And your happy with that.

Tbf to Craig, he’s backed Doncaster all the way through.

Personally I think Doncaster has had a mare and needs to be removed from the post however Craig is entitled to his opinion.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf to Craig, he’s backed Doncaster all the way through.

Personally I think Doncaster has had a mare and needs to be removed from the post however Craig is entitled to his opinion.

It's not as if this is Doncasters first feck up either . He has a history of making a complete mess of things. I just cant believe that for 350k a year we couldnt get someone a whole lot better.