1. 1. Neil Doncaster's performance deserves:

• A slap in the pus
    • A boot in the baws
    • Neither
    • Both
    • Sacking
    • Hingin's too good fur him

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/20 at 01:24

Can't say I know a huge amount about him. However he has appeared on national radio and been at the centre of a dossier wrote about him, in the past week or so, and yet has emerged with more credit than some others involved in the game. Which shows how wild the situation is I guess. I don't doubt he hasn't covered himself in glory but there are bigger problems in the game. 

The core problem is the game is run by a members organisation, with self interest at the core. No matter what route we went down here, the outcome would be the same.

Clubs are angry and releasing statements because their own self interest hasn't aligned with that of other clubs. I cant remember a pressing need for reconstruction until suddenly it would save Hearts and Partick, and a couple other clubs would benefit also. I'd expect Raith Rovers to be all over reconstruction too if we had ended up 2nd,but again, it's self interest at play. 

It's dissapointing that some common ground couldn't be found, I would have liked to think that clubs could have rallied together to come up with a solution here, but that's the game in this country and I can't see it changing regardless who was in charge. 

Guys clueless.  Couldnt even organise a simple vote of clubs without making an arse of it. He's also failed miserably in one of his main requirements of getting a title sponsor for the leagues when clubs are needing every penny they can get. Add to that his constant back tracking over the past few weeks. No bullying, no bullying by spfl staff to no official complaint about bullying and the guy is as untrustworthy as they come. Get him out and then we can perhaps move on from this.

The guy shows absolutely no leadership whatsoever, other countries governing bodies have just decided what’s happening and that’s it. Here it’s put to a vote to deflect blame. 

Also, he’s on something like 330k a year plus a 90k bonus. How can the spfl pay him that sort of money but can’t give clubs money to ensure existence. It stinks. 

He ought to be damn well hung, but that's just because of his big smug face.

To copypaste from the national team threads, you'd be delighted to see him go, but if you think somebody better will be appointed, your naivety is endearing.

He has been utterly useless during his time with the SPFL. There's a complete leadership vacuum and absolutely no clear vision for the league. The SPFL has failed Scottish football and the game in this country deserves far better. Doncaster and a few others should be punted, although this on its own isnt going to change things. The fact that 6 clubs in the top flight could effectively sink reconstruction for everybody isnt good enough.

36 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

He has been utterly useless during his time with the SPFL. There's a complete leadership vacuum and absolutely no clear vision for the league. The SPFL has failed Scottish football and the game in this country deserves far better. Doncaster and a few others should be punted, although this on its own isnt going to change things. The fact that 6 clubs in the top flight could effectively sink reconstruction for everybody isnt good enough.

The country has got exactly what it deserved. It is run by subservient parasites, appointed by manipulative club owners to do their bidding. Supporters are generally quite happy with that until their club are disadvantaged.

I acknowledge he has made some errors and has not maximised the potential earnings for the SPFL , although is the next TV deal not the most lucrative in history?

The problem though is not him , and in many ways he has an impossible job, the problem is the set up of the SPFL.

Ever since the SPL broke away and became the Self Preservation League you cannot have any leadership , every decision has to go to a vote and nearly all clubs vote with their own greedy agenda and never for the greater good of the game.

Doncaster is just a patsy , I have no idea why he is paid so highly but he does come across as an intelligent articulate man - unlike some of these club chairmen. Why hasn't Douglas Park been on the radio? 

7 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I acknowledge he has made some errors and has not maximised the potential earnings for the SPFL , although is the next TV deal not the most lucrative in history?

The problem though is not him , and in many ways he has an impossible job, the problem is the set up of the SPFL.

Ever since the SPL broke away and became the Self Preservation League you cannot have any leadership , every decision has to go to a vote and nearly all clubs vote with their own greedy agenda and never for the greater good of the game.

Doncaster is just a patsy , I have no idea why he is paid so highly but he does come across as an intelligent articulate man - unlike some of these club chairmen. Why hasn't Douglas Park been on the radio? 

probably SPFL history as if you had to go back it was the £344 million deal that the self preservation league had with Setanta and we all know how that went.

So far Doncaster is Teflon the fact is his silence is deafening and all they can do is counter the accusations with saying this isnt good for the game, and the clubs will come off worst if there is legal action taken against the SPFL to me that sounds like a threat whats he going to do f**k up Scottish Football he's already done that.

17 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

probably SPFL history as if you had to go back it was the £344 million deal that the self preservation league had with Setanta and we all know how that went.

So far Doncaster is Teflon the fact is his silence is deafening and all they can do is counter the accusations with saying this isnt good for the game, and the clubs will come off worst if there is legal action taken against the SPFL to me that sounds like a threat whats he going to do f**k up Scottish Football he's already done that.

That and his constant backtracking on previous statements. Oh noone complained to me about bullying , oh noone complained to me about bullying of spfl staff and then finally oh no one officially complained about bullying. The guy is a complete snake and wouldnt last two mins in a decent well run organisation.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That and his constant backtracking on previous statements. Oh noone complained to me about bullying , oh noone complained to me about bullying of spfl staff and then finally oh no one officially complained about bullying. The guy is a complete snake and wouldnt last two mins in a decent well run organisation.

It was the "theres no evidence to say there was bullying but there were accusations of bullying from other SPFL member clubs towards others depending on how they were going to vote". S0 basically there was bullying then to sway the vote

I never liked him before, but aren't there 9 people on that board? Can you be sure he is the problem? His face might not be great but I wouldn't base a judgment on that.

The root of the problem is not having a provision in the rules for abandonment due to war,  pandemic etc. Other than deciding champion clubs which is in the rules (just read them and see - it is).

My work has continuity planning for pandemic and everyone always thought it was unnecessary - so I could see why they got into this position.

Most of the inconveniences of the vote setup were due to company law were they not? e.g. the 28 days. Doncaster seemed to be quite well versed on those bits tbh.

Stewart Robertson has been the most embarrassing person in the whole affair and if you find yourself on his side... schedule a thinking session

Just now, L. Brilliant said:

I never liked him before, but aren't there 9 people on that board? Can you be sure he is the problem? His face might not be great but I wouldn't base a judgment on that.

The root of the problem is not having a provision in the rules for abandonment due to war,  pandemic etc. Other than deciding champion clubs which is in the rules (just read them and see - it is).

My work has continuity planning for pandemic and everyone always thought it was unnecessary - so I could see why they got into this position.

Most of the inconveniences of the vote setup were due to company law were they not? e.g. the 28 days. Doncaster seemed to be quite well versed on those bits tbh.

Stewart Robertson has been the most embarrassing person in the whole affair and if you find yourself on his side... schedule a thinking session

The main thing that Sevco has taken issue is that Doncaster is being touted as the mouthpiece or tool to put Lawells input on the game which is why they want his removal as its all being influenced by Lawell.

3 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

No1 sport  in scotland yet he cant get it a title sponsor. Something well wrong there.

30 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The Setanta deal was worth £125m over 4 years, and didn't actually ever start, it was definitely absolutely nothing like the £344m you have quoted. The value of that was therefore £31.25m per year, while the value of the new Sky deal is rumoured to be anything from £30m-£33m per year depending on who you ask.

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The main thing that Sevco has taken issue is that Doncaster is being touted as the mouthpiece or tool to put Lawells input on the game which is why they want his removal as its all being influenced by Lawell.

And you think it must be true?

Don't you think that maybe those people are very acustomed to having that exact kind of arrangement in their own favour, and now anything else is unfairly slanted against them?