Independence for Scotland Party

fatshaft

The SNP got almost 120,000 second votes in Lothian and got 0 list MSPs. Given that they'll likely take Edinburgh Central from the Tories, it'll be even harder for them to get a list MSP this time.

The Greens got 34,500 second votes and took 2 list MSPs from it. That very last list seat (Wightman's) was taken by the Greens and it is very much up for grabs between the Tories, Labour and possibly even the Lib Dems. It would be disappointing for the SNP to take Edinburgh Central off the Tories, only for the Tories to nick a fourth list seat away from the Greens all because tens of thousands of people wasted their second vote on the SNP.

Party     Constituencies                                                 Regional (list vote)                                          Total seats

Votes                    %            Seats                     Votes                    %            Seats     %            Total

SNP        1,059,898             46.5        59                           953,587                41.7        4             7.1          63

Tory       501,844                 22.0        7                              524,222                 22.9        24           42.8        31

Labour  514,261                 22.6        3                              435,919                 19.1        21           37.5        24

Green   13,172                   0.6          0                              150,426                 6.6          6              10.7        6

LD           178,238                 7.8          4                              119,284                 5.2          1              1.7          5

Above is the 2016 results.

The list system was brought in to allow all Parties representation.

As you can see from the Regional votes SNP got almost twice as many votes as anyone else but ended up with only 7% of the seats.

Tories got nearly half that amount but ended up with 42.7% of the seats.

It is just a way of shoe horning in MP’s for Parties that the majority doesn’t vote for.

If one Party are going to win the Constituency vote by a huge margin it’s pointless giving them your second vote – give it to another Party you think represent you ie if you like SNP you’d vote for Green’s as it will boost their Regional Seats.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I'm speculating but I'd assume someone with the various views she has expressed also has unrealistic views about the risks presented by giving birth in a hospital in the current climate. Given her political allegiances and aspirations yes I think that's vital information to report.

I think it also suggests shes a fucking nutcase with some of the shite she’s hitting out with in the article. The NHS panders to too much airy fairy shite and should tell these people to f**k off. 

27 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I suppose the other question is of all the mothers having babies in the pandemic under less than ideal circumstances, why her? It's like when David Torrance cropped up on the Guardian's blind date series. I'd like to know more about the networking in the background that lines these things up.

'Scuse me chaps....but I've just come in here and the last 2 posts are what I'm seeing without giving me 'a scooby' what you're discussing?

On 10/10/2020 at 18:55, Stinky Bone said:

It needs to be both votes SNP.  Anything else is useless. 

What good will come of it.  If the ISP win a lot of list seats, what are they able to do, that a majority SNP can't?  The only way to Independence is SNP both votes. 

Correct Stinky.....and trust me...the ISP will not win ANY list seats.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

The Independence for Scotland party was fronted by an American lady who turned out to have all kinds of objectionable opinions. Instead of disappearing from public life she has turned up in a guardian article about home births, cleansed of her baggage. I think that's interesting.

Bible-belt pro Trump lady I'm assuming.

Just now, MixuFruit said:

Thats the one.

Incidentally (off topic I know...but I often listen to The Nick Abbott show on radio LBC on a Friday/Sat night cos its more often than not better than anything thats on offer on the box.)

Last night he mentioned this Ragin' Trump loyalist who was interrupted by (my god) Rudi Guilliani cos he thought she was going 'over the top'...lol....you got a link for that broadcast perchance?

18 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Okay.

I'm off Interweb hunting for a pished  blonde Trumpian lass with specs......I may be gone for sometime.

I got it and thanks Mixu............the perceivable change is that NOW ...some Republicans are finding a spine and speaking OUT against Trump...not before time.

f topic I know...but I often listen to The Nick Abbott show on radio LBC on a Friday/Sat night cos its more often than not better than anything thats on offer on the box.)

Last night he mentioned this Ragin' Trump loyalist who was interrupted by (my god) Rudi Guilliani cos he thought she was going 'over the top'...lol....you got a link for that broadcast perchance?

On 10/10/2020 at 18:55, Stinky Bone said:

It needs to be both votes SNP.  Anything else is useless. 

What good will come of it.  If the ISP win a lot of list seats, what are they able to do, that a majority SNP can't?  The only way to Independence is SNP both votes. 

Pish...,1st vote SNP,2nd vote Greens..

I might give the ISP my list vote, or it might go Green or SNP.      The ISP needs someone like Salmond backing it.  

You are on to something here. At first glance I saw Salmond and thought WTF... But just like Batman and the Joker or Superman and Luther or Mike Baldwin and Ken Barlow or 8mileBU & Skidmarks,, everyone needs a nemesis.. Therefore, Scots whilst casting their list will pick a team... Salmond or Sturgeon, thus rendering all other options invisible.... 

#Genius

You're aware the ISP will only run on the list?  

I just think they need a big name to gain traction.   If the SNP win and majority then a 2nd vote SNP is basically a wasted one.   \
Quite possible - with the right tactics - to end up with 80-90 pro-yes seats in the chamber.   
Absolutely, hence I said...casting their list...

Making a fully backed-up list of everyone that openly says they voted for the ISP and storing it for down the line when we finally achieve independence.

I'd mentioned previously on this particular thread that I would have no issue voting Green on List. My only problem with this is that the media will portray a parliament that is not majority SNP as a failed mandate for a referendum. Yes, the Greens are pro indy but the media will spin this as a SNP failure. That's why an ISP vote is something I would consider.[mention=8067]perth[/mention] is right..big hitter needed...