Independence for Scotland Party

fatshaft

2 hours ago, pawpar said:

Point proven you have no intention of voting SNP and the 3 phrases I have bolded shows this.

Point........completely mis-placed.  I have voted SNP in every single election since 1982.  I am a member of the party - deliver leaflets etc prior to elections / referendum.  If you think you have "proven" that I have no intention of voting SNP then I can only hope your day job doens't involve making  decisions nor judgements of others.

I just don't like the aggresive style of some of those advocating the tactic of SNP 1st / Other Independent Candidate 2nd (which incidentaly is the tactic that I am leaning towards so long as I can be convinced that to do so would be a better way of achieving more pro=independence MSP's than simply SNP / SNP) 

Others may take a little more convincing than me and as I stated above it is unlikely that they will persuaded by the use of language that refers to them as "idiots" "morons" and "tory" prior to making that decision.

Edited by Caledonian1

As much as I absolutely want Independence I simply would not vote for a political party that has Daft Tommy Sheridan as a member. When will he realise that Scotland has moved on from his type of bawling idiotic oratory.

I see him in the same category as George Galloway, another political nonentity who would not be able to earn a decent living by working as we do.

Nope. This is very short sighted.

Sheridan Boyd Clerkin types get enough press already.

At the moment every time some dafty waves a stupid banner or posts a bit of cybernattery.....the Yoon media demand that Sturgeon must condemn.

If the lefty nuggets and proto nationalist extremists are more associated with the new ( but presumably sensibly led) list party...it provides distance from the independence moderate mainstream position. 

You could put them to the outer edge of the Solar System and the MSM would still use them to discredit any position on independence.

12 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Nope. This is very short sighted.

Sheridan Boyd Clerkin types get enough press already.

At the moment every time some dafty waves a stupid banner or posts a bit of cybernattery.....the Yoon media demand that Sturgeon must condemn.

If the lefty nuggets and proto nationalist extremists are more associated with the new ( but presumably sensibly led) list party...it provides distance from the independence moderate mainstream position. 

I would agree with this if I didn't feel that nobody, including everyone involved, will be talking about this party past the summer of 2021. They'll muster about 5000 votes nationally and disappear forever.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

As much as I absolutely want Independence I simply would not vote for a political party that has Daft Tommy Sheridan as a member. When will he realise that Scotland has moved on from his type of bawling idiotic oratory.

I see him in the same category as George Galloway, another political nonentity who would not be able to earn a decent living by working as we do.

The best argument for not voting for them is surely that neither could give less of a toss about issues or the electorate if they tried.

I appreciate that's true of an awful lot of them, right enough.

SNP shooting themselves in the foot with an all woman shortlist in Glasgow Cathcart that James Dornan who has represented the SNP for 10 years in is not allowed to stand. 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18621550.james-dornan-msp-blocked-holyrood-snp-nec/?fbclid=IwAR0NwtjPv1fvMEFrH4nzVALxQwq_4YFv0_Svt6o52Naq2oEi8-yYMUQqYV8

SNP shooting themselves in the foot with an all woman shortlist in Glasgow Cathcart that James Dornan who has represented the SNP for 10 years in is not allowed to stand. 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18621550.james-dornan-msp-blocked-holyrood-snp-nec/?fbclid=IwAR0NwtjPv1fvMEFrH4nzVALxQwq_4YFv0_Svt6o52Naq2oEi8-yYMUQqYV8

James Dornan decided to stand down then changed his mind.

This argument reminds if the same bullshit that did the rounds in the Labour Party when it introduced women-only shortlists.

Funnily enough the people complaining said nothing about the men-only shortlists that were drawn up in the preceding years.

30 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

James Dornan decided to stand down then changed his mind.

This argument reminds if the same bullshit that did the rounds in the Labour Party when it introduced women-only shortlists.

Funnily enough the people complaining said nothing about the men-only shortlists that were drawn up in the preceding years.

So you think that because he reversed a decision to resign, he shouldn't be allowed to stand? He should expect firm competition, yes, and if his branch don't want him any more then fair enough (and perhaps they might feel that he wasn't sure he was committed enough any more, hence the decision he made in the first place).

Regarding your last paragraph, no-one can dispute that women were unfairly held back in politics in times gone by (and maybe in some cases now, I'm sure) but I am not sure it's always fair to "remedy" that by excluding other folk now to "make up for it" because the folk who were unfairly excluded previously (i.e, women unfairly excluded in past processes) don't benefit unless it was pretty recent and (probably more pertinently) the men who excluded them are not the ones punished by being excluded now, but instead will often be younger men who might (surprising, I know!) actually sometimes be a better person for the role.

Anyway, it will all play out without reference to me as I don't make any of these decisions :D

Edited by Eddie Hitler
Nonsense sentence

• 1 month later...

Who would've thought that a transphobic American who puts random Scots words into sentences despite living in a part of Scotland where Scots isn't spoken would turn out to be a weirdo?

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Who would've thought that a transphobic American who puts random Scots words into sentences despite living in a part of Scotland where Scots isn't spoken would turn out to be a weirdo?

Shes a fucking fruit loop, i heard her on LBC using phrases like ‘bairns’ and just came across like a false try hard neurotic arsehole, seems I was right. 

Shes a fucking fruit loop, i heard her on LBC using phrases like ‘bairns’ and just came across like a false try hard neurotic arsehole, seems I was right. 

She did the same on that latest video with the description breaking into Scots all of a sudden for no reason. She lives in Nairn - people in Nairn don’t really speak Scots nor use words like ‘bairns’.

On 30/09/2020 at 09:12, MixuFruit said:

You come across these American women living here from time to time and it always puts in mind someone who watched Outlander and moved here thinking they'd marry someone who looks a bit like this:

The Highlander's Promise (Highland Brides Series #6) by Lynsay Sands,  Paperback | Barnes & Noble®

and then finds out we mostly look like this:

River City star Tom Urie plays 'Imagine' in wake of Paris terror attacks -  Liverpool Echo

(no disrespect to Tom who I understand has lost a huge amount of weight)

and it sends them mental.

You can imagine the look of disappointment on the faces of every single one of the wife's friends when I first went over to visit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 18:55, Stinky Bone said:

It needs to be both votes SNP.  Anything else is useless. 

What good will come of it.  If the ISP win a lot of list seats, what are they able to do, that a majority SNP can't?  The only way to Independence is SNP both votes. 

ISP are fringe nutters but I'd disagree with it having to be both votes in SNP. There's plenty of areas where SNP/Green is the more sensible pro-independence choice. I'm in Lothian. The SNP will win so many FPTP seats that getting one MSP off the list will be incredibly unlikely. A Green list vote is probably more likely to get a pro-independence MSP elected.