Independence for Scotland Party

fatshaft

5 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

🤦‍♂️ on twitter, where *she* is , you know, where this post started off from, and from where you were also mentioning in your reply 

Yes I mentioned Twitter, I don’t do Twitter or Facebook or any of the rest of them.  P&B is the only ‘social media’ site I contribute to.

So, once again, my response had been a couple of posts on this thread.

I’ve doubled that number responding to you.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes I mentioned Twitter, I don’t do Twitter or Facebook or any of the rest of them.  P&B is the only ‘social media’ site I contribute to.

So, once again, my response had been a couple of posts on this thread.

I’ve doubled that number responding to you.

OK, let's try to make this easier for you - "you're the type" - ie. not *actually* YOU, but people who have reacted and responded *like you*. Is that better? 

42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A party that hasn't got round to working out any policies yet it would seem. Just a single dictionary definition.

I suspect they won't have any other policies, this is a boot up the erse of the SNP party. 

23 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

OK, let's try to make this easier for you - "you're the type" - ie. not *actually* YOU, but people who have reacted and responded *like you*. Is that better? 

That’s an incredible gift, being able to analyse a person based on a couple of posts.  I hope you put that to good use.

Then again since I don’t accept your analysis of me maybe best to be more circumspect.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I see, so you found something bad that's happened in Scotland before any change in the law, but you can't find anything in Ireland after they changed it. Do you think what Katie Dolatowski did would be legal if the proposed changes to the GRA are passed? It wouldn't.

Do you think it would happen more or less often?  Would it be more or less likely? He honest now,it would happen more. So you need to answer how much more instances of this you're okay with.  Say an extra thousand woman/girls per year being murdered worldwide are you okay with that?  Fifteen hundred?  What's your number? 

And read the second link.

98% of sexual assaults are committed by men. Offending rates in trans women are almost identical, being slightly higher in sexual assault than other assaults. It's a statistical guarantee that GRA reform will and already is leading to more women and girls being assaulted and murdered. So if you support this you also support that, and you need to justify it.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

It's a statistical guarantee that GRA reform will and already is leading to more women and girls being assaulted and murdered. So if you support this you also support that, and you need to justify it.

If only you had an iota of evidence for any of that I'd agree. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

We can find out at lunchtime.

Trying to listen to this radio channel is making my ears bleed. There's a guy on who might be making some sense but he's been on a continual rant for an hour with the two other panellists not getting a word in. Robin McAlpine from Common Weal presumably. 

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I can't take Robin McAlpine seriously until he finds a pair of specs that don't magnify his eyes like that.

Idiot doesn't understand how spectacles work 

23 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I can't take Robin McAlpine seriously until he finds a pair of specs that don't magnify his eyes like that.

That's exactly how he sounds. Sure he's got a lot to say that makes sense, just goes a bit "Why don't you just fucking listen to me people, it's so fucking obvious you must be truly thick if you don't get it!" so I had to turn him off without taking it in.

Robin-McAlpine.jpg

3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

98% of sexual assaults are committed by men. Offending rates in trans women are almost identical, being slightly higher in sexual assault than other assaults. It's a statistical guarantee that GRA reform will and already is leading to more women and girls being assaulted and murdered. So if you support this you also support that, and you need to justify it.

Ireland – Gender Recognition Bill (2015)

Malta – Gender Identity, Gender Expression and Sex Characteristics Act (2015)

Norway – Legal Gender Amendment Act (2016)

Argentina – Gender Identity Law (2012)

Portugal – Gender identity law (2018)

Belgium – Legal Gender Recognition Law (2017)

There’s 27 combined years from six nations who created bills that allowed people to self identify their gender through statutory declaration rather than being signed off by a medical professional (which is the only real difference in the current UK law). If, as you say, it is guaranteed to increase assaults, especially sexual assaults, I think nearly three decades worth of data will show this. Please show us this data.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There’s 27 combined years from six nations who created bills that allowed people to self identify their gender through statutory declaration rather than being signed off by a medical professional (which is the only real difference in the current UK law). If, as you say, it is guaranteed to increase assaults, especially sexual assaults, I think nearly three decades worth of data will show this. Please show us this data.

This is a subject that I have very limited knowledge about, but that’s a brilliant post and I look forward to the requested reply.

20 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm not getting involved in the whole "will lead to more attacks" line as I think it is going to be tiny if it does indeed happen and statistically insignificant.  However adding all these acts together to give 27 years worth of data is completely misleading.  There will be a maximum of 7 years of data and since the statistics are generally not published every year, even less.

It's like saying we have over 250 years of data for the SPFL as it was formed in 2013 and we have 42 clubs.  Utterly ridiculous.

and a total wid.

Ive seen her on twitter prior to blocking her and listened to her phoning in to the likes of LBC, she came across as a complete moon-howler, seem to remember her blaming Nicola Sturgeon for not securing her residency in Scotland post brexit and not seeming to understand that immigration is reserved? She also despite the thick american type accent seems determined to shoe horn as many cringey scots terms into her speech to show just how ‘Scottish’ she is.