Money in the Bank 2020

Guest bernardblack
It’d be some booking from WWE if Corbin doesn’t win a match for the next 7 years now. Would’ve made more sense having him fumble the briefcase rather than AJ after the big mirror smash bit.

They are definitely going down the “bad luck” road.

They couldn't have been more obvious that Stephanie McMahon's bit was pre-taped elsewhere. It was also, by far, the most charmless bit of the match, but then she is exceptional charmless.

Anyway, that match was a big bag of nonsense but I enjoyed it, despite the many, many flaws in logic of it. Asuka was a solid pick to win. Otis winning will be interesting. Hopefully we see Styles vs Mysterio for Rey not helping AJ. Talking of Styles, he was wearing an OC t-shirt throughout.

Drew vs Seth was good. Think a crowd would have made it an absolute belter.

Tag opener was decent.

Woman's title was meh, and that was all down to Tamina who missed quite a few queues. Bayley and Sasha's trash talking is always fun though.

R-Truth stuff was amusing. Enjoyed that.

Universal was meh as well. The whole pish with the mask fooled absolutely no one.

WWE HQ looks cool as f**k.

Edited by DA Baracus

For another empty-arena show, I thought that was pretty good.  No real poor matches, everyone working hard to keep things at least at a level of "good".

Tag match was decent if a bit vanilla, and it was clear people were working hard.  Tamina is limited, but I think she did about as well as she could.  Bayley is consistently brilliant in this setting, and it'll be a bit of a shame when inevitably Banks turns and she gets the title taken off her.  R-Truth is just brilliant in everything they give him.  It's corny, shite humour, but when it comes from him he just makes it work.  That slap to Lashley and everything surrounding it was brilliant.

Those ladder matches...ooft.  I'm not really sure how to feel about them.  As a whole they were really entertaining, and in a time where we can't have the usual "live" matches, I'd really like them to do more of this kind of stuff.  However, there were certain parts of it that pushed it dangerously close to just being stupid.  Stephanie appearing from whatever white wall she could find in her home was jarring and not really necessary, and the food fight part was just nonsense.  And straight up killing people by throwing them off a roof never works in this setting.

But the rest of it - f**k it, it was entertaining.  Some of the comments between the guys were great, some of the cameos were fun (Stephanie excepted).  I'd have liked it to be a bit longer, maybe a bit more of an actual ladder match at the end.  Asuka is a good choice for winner, and to be honest there's a certain morbid curiosity as to what they do with Otis.  Be a bit of a shame if they just give him a throwaway defence that he loses.

All in all, good enough stuff in a time where I couldn't really give a shit what WWE are doing.