3 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Pretty sure they had a vote to change the 11-1 a few years back.It failed by one vote.

Certainly had a chance to change it while Rangers were on their seaside tour, can't remember what happened. St Mirren caved probably, like with reconstruction.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Certainly had a chance to change it while Rangers were on their seaside tour, can't remember what happened. St Mirren caved probably, like with reconstruction.

Nah, it was the mighty, mighty Dons that fvkked it.

A terrible decision by oor Wiggy (and presumably the rest of the AFC board).

Nae excuses!

Yours, shamefully

aDONis

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure but I think it was Aberdeen who f*cked it. Obviously Celtic and Rangers like the 11-1 voting system but when Rangers were away and they voted to change it Aberdeen sided with Celtic to keep it.

Happy to be proven wrong if anyone can remember.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nope.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wrong. It was Aberdeen.

And you were in favour of the 8-8-8 model? St Mirren and Ross County done everyone a favour.

25 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Not sure but I think it was Aberdeen who f*cked it. Obviously Celtic and Rangers like the 11-1 voting system but when Rangers were away and they voted to change it Aberdeen sided with Celtic to keep it.

Happy to be proven wrong if anyone can remember.

I seem to recall at the time Milne came out with a statement that he couldn't support the change in voting structure, because it was too far reaching. He was worried that if a 9-3 voting system was in place, the other clubs would vote for things such as splitting gate receipts 50/50, or restructuring to something that would lose him his precious 4 home games against the Old Firm and Sevco.

I (vaguely) remember doing a quick back-of-an-envelope calculation at the time, and the only teams who would have lost out on a 50/50 split of gate receipts would have been Celtic (massively), and Hearts (something like £50k over a season). Absolute arse of a man, and some Dons fans still defend him.

Thankfully, I think Cormack would have a lot more sense, and guts about him in a similar situation.

34 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I don't know of any country that also has such a restrictive structure.

In some ways I understand the need for not having 50/50 as things would/ could be changed almost non-stop so there needs to be a balance as to what is a percentage that would allow things to pass where they need to but would prevent unnecessary resolutions from being passed all the time. 9 - 3 seems reasonable to me but i'm assuming the reason that there is little appetite for a change is the same reason that there always is...

Power and money...

I think a reasonable structure would simply be 10-2. The important thing is preventing Celtic and Sevco retaining the power to do things that only benefit Celtic and Sevco.

Edited by Illgresi

Milne never explained why he voted to keep the 11-1 vote but by doing so he kept us in the dark ages.

I get the whole blocking the sharing of attendance money, has anyone ever asked for that? A 75-80% majority should be enough, they could even put in a rule about attendance money changes needing 11 votes.

9 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Wrong. It was Aberdeen.

And you were in favour of the 8-8-8 model? St Mirren and Ross County done everyone a favour.

Thought it was 12-12-18? And they also blocked changing the 11-1 rule.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22151308

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Another day, another statement.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/spfl-egm-club-update/

Commendable obviously that no club should be disadvantaged but the reality is that some clubs are going to take a hit either by being relegated (like Hearts) or not being promoted (like Dundee United). It's simply not possible to have a situation where no one is disadvantaged unfortunately.

Unless we all merge into one giant league...

36 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The Rangers would do anything for a victory right now. Online or off.

He may post mostly about Rangers but to call him a bear is a bit far fetched.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Half way through the season Leagues 1 & 2 would then change into an 8-8-8. Ludicrous idea.

You are not doing too well here.

Not sure why that would be anymore ridiculous than the Premiership split now.

And what's this about blocking the change from 11-1 to 9-3?

The Scottish Premier League has failed to achieve the 11-1 majority required to agree a new league format.

Ross County and St Mirren voted against the proposal at Hampden on Monday when the clubs considered a new 12-12-18 model for Scottish football.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne has accused the two clubs of "putting Scottish football in jeopardy".

Clubs in favour had proposed altering the required majority for changes in league structure from 11-1 to 9-3.

But that was rejected by the two clubs as well as the main proposal, which would have scrapped the current 12-10-10-10 make-up for the start of next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22151308

Can't wait for the munteros press and extended media throwing out the "asterisk" and "sporting integrity" cards when the Premiership is called and Celtic are declared champions.  These peepul are caught up in the present crusade to ensure Celtic don't get their 9 in a row, by whatever means.  Selective amnesia about their industrial scale cheating, trophies won during their 10 or so years of scandal and their "journey" from League 2, instead of from the Lowland League like Gretna.

Shameless cretins who epitomise everything that's wrong with Scottish football and Scottish society in general.  The sooner this new entity/club/company die in a manner that befell their predecessor then Scottish football will reset and move on in a positive way. 

As for wee Guillaume on Rangers Radio clyde ssb calling for his fellow orcs to boycott away games, please let this happen.  Towns and cities will benefit greatly from not having the local police and communities on a state of high alert and desperate for the neanderthals to leave asap after the game.  More local supporters, who invariably avoid these games, might be tempted to go back to supporting their team feeling a whole lot safer.

Most sensible fans can see the current system does not work ( or in certain circumstances works for the few). 

However, due to short-sightedness by various Boards in various clubs over the years we now find ourselves boxed in.

The fact that the two most powerful clubs have found themselves in a position of being able to vote together to block anything that restricts or loosens their power is as much down to the deals done and voting by other clubs across the leagues through the past 40 years.

Unless one of them genuinely sees that this is not a good structure and does not bode well for the future of football in this country and decides that a more democratic and arms length approach to governance and administration is worth losing some power and money then we are stuck. There are a number of reasons why neither of them will do this;

1. Who gives up power and money for the good of any competitor?

2. Both of them still think they can compete in Europe when most realise it is very, very unlikely anyone from Scotland will ever win a European trophy again. The  similar closed shop  and gathering of power and money across a small number of European teams has put paid to competition.

3. Rangers and Celtic spend a lot of their time measuring themselves against each other. They feed off it and will always favour a situation where enticing people from towns all over Scotland to buy their seats, kit etc. helps to keep the rest at bay and allows them to focus on the other side of Glasgow.

4. They don't even want to be here, an invitation to perform in England or in a Euro league is probably a preference, but whilst they are they will wield as much power and influence as they can muster.

5. As I say other clubs do not avoid being guilty. Once in the top league they all get the greedy virus thinking they will always be there.

IMHO an SPFL Board and administration should be independent of all clubs in order to try and run the game for all. I am not sure if that would work, but as the clubs will not vote to release power and influence then we will never find out.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

Another day, another statement.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/spfl-egm-club-update/

The Dundee vote that was explained. The shit storm that followed was created by the clubs wanting a investigation. It was the clubs decision to reject reconstruction  I am not sure why this is being conflated with the other.