1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

Bundesliga say 2 teams will be relegated if forced cancellation happens, no restructure.

Statements to follow I'm sure.

No doubt we will have a meltdown from Scot Gärtner.

A lot of folk on here saying they previously liked Tom English etc. I didn't particularly.

Hes always had a huffiness about him when someone disagrees and puts up a good counter argument on sportsound. I've never heard him accept he's wrong or acknowledge a different opinion as valid, and this is just another example of it.

Some posters were mentioning Derek Ferguson a couple of pages back; not the most eloquent at times but he does make some really insightful comments and observations when they're discussing Scottish football matters. Things from the point of view of someone who's actually been in the game.

English is the exact opposite. I've felt at times he gets treated with far more reverence and respect because he is articulate, when he often is speaking a lot without saying much, or, as in this instance, havering pish.

For balance, I did enjoy his recent article on Tommy Wright, well written.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Now he seems to be desperately searching for another institutional scandal to expose book to sell

Fixed

Spoiler

Just like the vote 🤭

3 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Tom English saying Neil Doncaster hasn't done a one to one interview in 3 year. He done two in the past week whilst he was live on the air. Fucking hell.

Just listening there, it was Murdoch MacLennan he was talking about, nae Doncaster.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

The first time I paid attention to English was during the Lance Armstrong scandal. He was genuinely brilliant there.

Now he seems to be desperately searching for another institutional scandal to expose 

He was pretty quiet in 2012, and thereafter urged everyone to move on.

1 hour ago, Marinello said:

Listened to tonight`s BBC podcast and I am beside myself with the direction it took.

First of all the MAJORITY vote which at 64% is pretty sizeable was given hardly any acknowledgement nor was the vote by definition seen for what it was namely that the bulk of clubs did not believe an inquiry was necessary. Instead what we got was an over concentration on those in the minority. Yup lets note their discontent  but c`mon  lets get a grip!

Meanwhile aside from Mc Intyre`s bombastic and sensationalised questions which were clearly geared towards continually pointing the finger at the SPFL board we then had Tom English!!!!

Clearly pissed off that that his `take` on the conflict has now run aground he came out with the clearly inferred view that the clubs behind the resolution were acting in the best interests of Scottish football.  Not only is this tripe as even the most objective fan knows that Rangers and Hearts to name but 2  have had their own vested interests in the conflict [which of course are unconnected with the welfare of others] , but more importantly he again chose tonight not to address these interests in any shape or form.

That these `elephant in the room interests` did not get the attention they deserved in the podcast nor indeed did  the known widespread view held by many fans that the SPFL would be well within their rights  to now initiate disrepute charges against  Rangers  for their actions and comments throughout , simply leaves me with the view that the BBC coverage is not fit for purpose. Gone is balance and an avoidance of taking on the real issues. Indeed I`m left with the feeling that the BBC has been neutered preferring instead to pussy foot on the issues that matter . 

Journalists of the standard of Ian Archer and Hugh Mc Ilvanney will be turning in their grave.

Gone?! When was it ever there?!

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Murdoch MacLennan has said that he wants football to be being played by the end of July in Scotland, as would we all. I would have liked him to have added how he sees this as even remotely possible. 

He probably wants to ride Judy Finnigan too the sexy old fucker.  Neither is probably realistic while tricky dicky Madeley and the Coronavirus are around. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

You guys helped the good guys despite all the odds being against us, appreciated. 

You should go on *** media and post that.👌

EverestGers

• Fringe Player
  •  
  • First Team
  • 160 posts
2 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Still can't get my head round Livingston voting yes, Any ideas as to why given they are supposedly rabid as they come ?

They knew it was going to fail and being the sleekit ****** cock suckers that they are they voted with us hoping that would avoid the upcoming boycott of the blue pound. They’re fooling nobody 👍

😅

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Murdoch MacLennan has said that he wants football to be being played by the end of July in Scotland, as would we all. I would have liked him to have added how he sees this as even remotely possible. 

Exactly! How long has McInnes been at Aberdeen? Has Murdoch ever watch a game at Pittodrie.  Think you will be waiting longer than others.

Edited by SlipperyP

It’s hilarious how much of a slap down Inverness and their ***/diet *** leader took yesterday. Wonder if he’ll keep quiet now or keep swinging when he’s beaten in true Tom English style. Hoping for the latter tbqh.

57 minutes ago, Zing. said:

It’s hilarious how much of a slap down Inverness and their ***/diet *** leader took yesterday. Wonder if he’ll keep quiet now or keep swinging when he’s beaten in true Tom English style. Hoping for the latter tbqh.

On a serious point for a moment, SG has been given a platform and free reign by the BBC (and particularly Tom E) to make some pretty serious allegations toward Doncaster, McLennan, Dunfy and others.

It seems very clear from the votes in the Championship yesterday (outside ICT) that the clubs dont agree at all with his allegations and they didnt want an inquiry.

Even ICT fans on here think this guy has lost his mind.

I have no idea what SG motives were outside of looking to gain a promotion, but he and his chairman deserve to be kicked up and down the A9 for giving oxygen to the Rangers shitshow.

Edited by Green Day

Hopefully we can now move on from this nonsense.

The decision has effectively been taken. Celtic have won, Hearts are down. The SPFL are still a basket case.

The immediate priority is survival of the game now, and I'm not averse to assistance being given to relegated clubs. They have been dealt a shite hand, without question.

Once this is all over, the SPFL really should be looked at from top to bottom, starting with their rule book. Darryl Broadfoot nailed it really on Sportsound the other night, the governance structure was put in place by the clubs and the clubs need to change it to future proof the league against another situation like this.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not averse to assistance being given to relegated clubs

I feel that.I'm going to get a food parcel together and drop it off at tynecastle.

Edited by Sparticus
spelin

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hopefully we can now move on from this nonsense.

The decision has effectively been taken. Celtic have won, Hearts are down. The SPFL are still a basket case.

The immediate priority is survival of the game now, and I'm not averse to assistance being given to relegated clubs. They have been dealt a shite hand, without question.

Once this is all over, the SPFL really should be looked at from top to bottom, starting with their rule book. Darryl Broadfoot nailed it really on Sportsound the other night, the governance structure was put in place by the clubs and the clubs need to change it to future proof the league against another situation like this.

What have Celtic won? And How did we go about winning whatever it was we won?

If anything Rangers and Aberdeen were defeated yesterday.

Edited by Romeo

Just now, Romeo said:

What have Celtic won? And How did we go about winning whatever it was we won?

If anything Rangers and Aberdeen were defeated yesterday.

The league. The decision has 'effectively been taken', the matter is settled, the board just need to call the league season.

If you think I had any partisan interest in that vote yesterday because Aberdeen supported it then you are wrong.