1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

"but once again progress has been hampered by the short sightedness and self-preservation of a small cabal within Scotland’s top division."

It's quite a big cabal actually, 50% of the top division.

I'd like to state, despite me being against the way things have been done, I am still in favour of listening to complete heads gones from the likes of Leslie Deans on the radio. Almost makes it worth it.

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The group was put together by the SPFL to try and formulate the best plan for reconstruction. It should have allowed to have been proposed and then, if as was always likely, it was voted not to go with this by the whole SPFL then fair enough.

To cull it the way they did last night just adds further fuel to the fire that this whole thing has been dealt with in a complete amateur matter. One would have thought that this vote would have been dealt with in the correct manner considering the way the last one was dealt with. For the top flight clubs to have a meeting and just kibosh it before all avenues had been explored before this process had been complete, rightfully creates more distrust and perfectly explains the raging statements from certain clubs.

Propose what?

Every time one clique would want to propose something, the others would refuse it on the off chance it went through.

The "working group" was nothing more than a group of folk shouting demands at each other with nobody willing to back down. A total waste of time, but they all demanded it so the SPFL gave them a platform.

It's the clubs fault this failed.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Propose what?

Every time one clique would want to propose something, the others would refuse it on the off chance it went through.

The "working group" was nothing more than a group of folk shouting demands at each other with nobody willing to back down. A total waste of time, but they all demanded it so the SPFL gave them a platform.

Were you in on the meetings? This is you just making things up again. Other than the League 2 clubs making a statement of what they'd be against, you've nothing to back that up.

Of course it is the clubs fault it failed - the clubs are the SPFL. And it's been dealt with terribly.

Edited by Speroni*1

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Were you in on the meetings? This is you just making things up again.

I'd be stunned if it's wrong.

P&B should put out a statement saying that this decision, whilst correct, should have not been made until the lockdown was over so we could witness certain posters getting their hopes up further before being dashed.

This was written by a pretty clever 14-year-old, it seems:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-update-1

Highlights include:

"Speaking for myself, I am pretty good at multi-tasking."

"The clue is surely in the dates!"

"The message is clear. This could be difficult so let's not bother trying. It's too risky!"

The random capitalisation of certain words is annoying too.

This was written by a pretty clever 14-year-old, it seems:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-update-1

Highlights include:

"Speaking for myself, I am pretty good at multi-tasking."

"The clue is surely in the dates!"

"The message is clear. This could be difficult so let's not bother trying. It's too risky!"

The random capitalisation of certain words is annoying too.

Wait, Ann Budge is the chairman?

I thought she was just a made up story, to scare kids.

9 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

ooft, That Ann Budge statement is the definition of "toys out of the pram"

I know she's a successful businesswoman, Tom English says as much when his tongue is not in her arse, but doesn't she realise a summary should be smaller than the statement it's meant to summarise?

She's got a bit of Trump about her.  She should get a Twitter.  

Turns out the best part about us being 8th when the season "finished" is that we've been spared the embarrassment of our club producing tantrums like these.

Something unforeseen happened. Yourselves and your peers decided how to handle it. Other than the problems that every club are experiencing, nothing's happened to you that wouldn't quite likely have happened anyway if the season had finished normally. Time to grow up and stop looking to The Rangers for inspiration on how to handle not getting your own way.

The only thing to improve this weekend would be if the SPFL had agreed to expand the league to 16 clubs but then said that Hearts were still relegated and that 5 clubs would come up from the Championship instead.

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

The only thing to improve this weekend would be if the SPFL had agreed to expand the league to 16 clubs but then said that Hearts were still relegated and that 5 clubs would come up from the Championship instead.

Or extend it to 41 clubs and send Hearts down. Then re-split it back into 4 separate leagues.

At least the Clyde fans can stop trying to convince everyone that they were about to be relegated.

They are, of course, but not 'til the end of next season, as God intended.

Pretty bad statement from Budge.Refusing to take blame for them finishing bottom.Trying to completely ignore that unignorable fact and point her umbrella at everyone else.

Trying to use covid to escape relegation.Disgusting behaviour.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

From the 2nd paragraph ......

"Firstly, this is private correspondence that we will not be making public. I would hope you would ensure that this is respected by the SPFL and its PR advisers"......

Unless we get our own way obviously.