32 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Today has been shite. A backtracking statement from Livingston aside, it's half 1 and this thread has had a debate about the word 'effectively'.

Shite state of affairs. 

I’m sure Scot Gardiner will make up for it shortly.

Embarrassing that I am actually dreading what our next statement is going to say.

27 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Other than Aberdeen and Livingston I wonder if any other Rangers backers will feel the need to issues a backtracking statement?  

Backtracked from what exactly? As far as I've seen Livi have been pretty consistent with this view. Ward wanted the season called and league positions standing for prize money, Champions called/ promoted, but wanted reconstruction, and no relegations. 

Personally disagree with him on the no relegations, but such is life, it seems to be working out well enough, despite the way the SPFL went about it.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It's really funny seeing the ONLY fans who care about what's MORALLY RIGHT also being the only ones who are wanting several clubs go out of business.

Because morals.

celtic fans are our moral guardians,  its the way it's always been. Just don't mention their hypocrisy...

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Commendable obviously that no club should be disadvantaged but the reality is that some clubs are going to take a hit either by being relegated (like Hearts) or not being promoted (like Dundee United). It's simply not possible to have a situation where no one is disadvantaged unfortunately.

It's not desirable either, so it's actually not unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Tom English refusing to comment on Morton's reply to Inverness or the Daily Record article on Gardiner being exposed:

Legal action?

3 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

2.. The CL isnt about winning it's about money. Celtic fans dont think they can win the CL but a decent run - especially getting out of a section - is at least £20m+ in the bank. 

Just getting into a section, bags them that kind of money.

13 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Tom English refusing to comment on Morton's reply to Inverness or the Daily Record article on Gardiner being exposed:

He's a broken man and he's shat it.

30 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

The fact that 9 of the 10 Championship clubs didn't back the motion and a good number also came back on Ross McArthurs comments shows, to me anyway, how wrong SG was in his comments. Morton appear to have just given some factual back up to that.

I'm assuming that by Tom English's logic that all anyone need do to stop him talking about things is just say you're thinking of taking legal action...that'll be enough for him to not pass comment/ provide a balancing view...

Edited by EdinburghPar1975

I think Tom's credibility is ruined not because he backed rangers, ICT etc it's because his absolute one sided reporting and stubbornness to accept anyone else's opinion it would seem. He is supposed to be an impartial journalist and having pot shots at supporters of other clubs on twitter etc is so childish and unprofessional...

I doubt many people especially on here will take him seriously for a while..

Apart from the rangers fans who think hes great until the next time he sides with Celtic on something 

Edited by Bohemian

Genuine question that I'm not sure has/hasn't been answered yet - will Rangers (and the other clubs publicly calling for action against the SPFL/Neil Doncaster for what I can only conclude is false accusations now) be held accountable and therefore be punished for bringing the game into disrepute? There must be some form of punishment for this otherwise what is to stop clubs releasing statements with false accusations every time they don't get their own way?

18 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Genuine question that I'm not sure has/hasn't been answered yet - will Rangers (and the other clubs publicly calling for action against the SPFL/Neil Doncaster for what I can only conclude is false accusations now) be held accountable and therefore be punished for bringing the game into disrepute? There must be some form of punishment for this otherwise what is to stop clubs releasing statements with false accusations every time they don't get their own way?

That would be a dangerous precedent to set, an all powerful spfl unanswerable to anyone.

Though the sevrumour is that shifty and the lads are preparing a case against Sevco right now, you may get your wish.

Come on there are ways and means of bringing up grievances with the people running the league. The way rangers went about it was certainly a bit extreme including, as several sources have said, releasing confidential financial information into the public domain.

Although I am sure everything will be swept under the carpet a bit like the investigation into the charges brought against them that started about 8 months ago. They will drag it out until everyone forgets about it.

Yeah Ward can't possibly have his own reasons for wanting the inquiry, must be that Hearts got to him. Or maybe he's secretly a ***, nah can't be that, Livi are a bunch of f*n!@n cock suckers.[emoji28]

Rare insight from a Livingston fan. Well done