7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

He implied yesterday's vote meant that Celtic had effectively won the league.

Yesterday's vote was nothing to do with that.

It's great that you guys are pointlessly sticking up for a fellow supporter but I'm not sure what you are struggling with here

sigh. Fine.

Since the resolution was passed to end the lower leagues and permit the board to end the Premiership we've had:

- league reconstruction talks that were doomed to fail from the start; and

- weeks of howls that the resolution was corrupt, wrong, illegal, bullying etc. leading to a an EGM on an inquiry into the whole process and wider leadership

Whilst all that noise was going on the board could not really make an official call on the SPFL season, for obvious reasons. 

Unless you have some faith that the league season will be played out, now that this noise is over I would expect the next logical step will be for the Premiership season to be called. I suspect that will happen quite soon.

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Why would Aberdeen get involved in a vote that was a sly way of stopping 9iar?

Unless they knew that and decided to go ahead with it?

They would have been aware of Rangers' motivation and likely couldn't care less, but thought that other issues were worth investigating anyway. IMO.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

sigh. Fine.

Since the resolution was passed to end the lower leagues and permit the board to end the Premiership we've had:

- league reconstruction talks that were doomed to fail from the start; and

- weeks of howls that the resolution was corrupt, wrong, illegal, bullying etc. leading to a an EGM on an inquiry into the whole process and wider leadership

Whilst all that noise was going on the board could not really make an official call on the SPFL season, for obvious reasons. 

Unless you have some faith that the league season will be played out, now that this noise is over I would expect the next logical step will be for the Premiership season to be called. I suspect that will happen quite soon.

Yeas, that is probably what will happen.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They would have been aware of Rangers' motivation and likely couldn't care less

Correct

I feel other clubs supporting Rangers were led up the garden path.

I would have been happier if an Aberdeen, Hibs or another club had called the egm, they might have got more support too.

Edited by Romeo

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think postponing the Premiership decision was about keeping in step with UEFA rather than the Rangers bullshit.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

They would have been aware of Rangers' motivation and likely couldn't care less, but thought that other issues were worth investigating anyway. IMO.

Exactly this for me. I didn't agree with Rangers motion and the majority of the stuff in it (or it being raised) but there are things that need to be reviewed in terms of governance and how things work in general with the SPFL.

I'd hope that clubs speak with each other and look to have a sensible meeting later next season to agree what it is they want reviewed and how they can go about it. The SPFL should also be looking to hold an internal review of their processes and update the clubs of any changes.

All sides need to look at what they're doing and at an appropriate time get back together and sort things out for the 'greater good'.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think postponing the Premiership decision was about keeping in step with UEFA rather than the Rangers bullshit.

I think initially, yes. But I believe that is now largely sorted and UEFA are just pushing leagues to make a decision by 25 May.

Edited by Dons_1988

Just now, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Exactly this for me. I didn't agree with Rangers motion and the majority of the stuff in it (or it being raised) but there are things that need to be reviewed in terms of governance and how things work in general with the SPFL.

I'd hope that clubs speak with each other and look to have a sensible meeting later next season to agree what it is they want reviewed and how they can go about it. The SPFL should also be looking to hold an internal review of their processes and update the clubs of any changes.

All sides need to look at what they're doing and at an appropriate time get back together and sort things out for the 'greater good'.

An internal review, aye that'll sort everything out.

Everytime Scottish football gets a chance to change things is always rejected. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

There should be an investigation/shake up/restructuring, whatever you want to call it.

But I'm pretty sure we can all agree that sevco didn't call this for that reason mainly, this was all about 9iar and stopping it at any cost. Clubs were misled with the "greater good" nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

There should be an investigation/shake up/restructuring, whatever you want to call it.

But I'm pretty sure we can all agree that sevco didn't call this for that reason mainly, this was all about 9iar and stopping it at any cost. Clubs were misled with the "greater good" nonsense.

Tbf, the SPFL could call the league, give Celtic the title, get a plan in place for next season.

Then offer Rangers the chance to pay for their inquiry. See what they say.

Edited by Dons_1988

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Tbf, the SPFL could call the league, give Celtic the title, get a plan in place for next season.

Then offer Rangers the chance to pay for their inquiry.

That would be ideal.

But I have a feeling they'd pull out the "no point" card if that was offered.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

An internal review, aye that'll sort everything out.

Everytime Scottish football gets a chance to change things is always rejected. 

….it gets rejected by the clubs. If the clubs want things to change then they should have the strength of their conviction to vote appropriately when things are raised. The first thing that they should look at changing is the 11-1 vote structure. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

….it gets rejected by the clubs. If the clubs want things to change then they should have the strength of their conviction to vote appropriately when things are raised. The first thing that they should look at changing is the 11-1 vote structure. 

The 11 - 1 voting structure does hold us back,  does anyone know if other countries have a similar structure?

39 minutes ago, Romeo said:

What so you think yesterday's vote was about. Celtic "effectively" winning the league or an enquiry into the SPFL?

It was really about league positions being finalised and certain spoils being dished out accordingly.  You only need to look at how each club voted to see that.

So yes.  Among other outcomes, yesterday's vote was about Celtic winning the league.  

12 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Pretty sure they had a vote to change the 11-1 a few years back.It failed by one vote.

Edited by Sparticus
coz i want to

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

The 11 - 1 voting structure does hold us back,  does anyone know if other countries have a similar structure?

I don't know of any country that also has such a restrictive structure.

In some ways I understand the need for not having 50/50 as things would/ could be changed almost non-stop so there needs to be a balance as to what is a percentage that would allow things to pass where they need to but would prevent unnecessary resolutions from being passed all the time. 9 - 3 seems reasonable to me but i'm assuming the reason that there is little appetite for a change is the same reason that there always is...

Power and money...

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yesterday's vote was provoked into happening, by that.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It was really about league positions being finalised and certain spoils being dished out accordingly.  You only need to look at how each club voted to see that.

So yes.  Among other outcomes, yesterday's vote was about Celtic winning the league.  

Just let Romeo have his online victories, its easier that way.

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It's ridiculous that anyone reckons that 31% were behind the spirit of the resolution today: clubs had many different reasons for voting either way, some because they felt they'd been denied the chance of promotion, some because they feel their relegation is unfair, others wanting reconstruction or redistribution of prize money, and one not wanting Celtic to be awarded the Premiership.

There was no unified motivation for supporting one side or the other, apart from the self interest of every club.

An excellent, simply point that is clear to almost everyone on here - but apparently to not a single journalist in Scotland.

12 clubs who voted in favour of self-interest in terms of how it affected their own club; 1 club who voted against the self-interest of another club. Take Rangers out of this and, rightly or wrongly, there is absolutely no story to which the media would devote any significant coverage*. The season for Rangers had turned into a humiliating, familiar tale of the crashing of bottles, and a heavy defeat in the league from end-of-2019 parity was inevitable. The gap was only getting wider, week on week. They appear to want to have their cake and eat it: a merciful end to the pain of their rivals pulling effortlessly ever further ahead; but denial that those same rivals were doing exactly that.

It is the definition of dog-in-a-manger behaviour: Rangers had and have no chance of being champions; but they have a possibility of preventing Celtic being awarded it. This is nothing to do with the SPFL.

* One way of looking at the vote is that the 3 requisitioning clubs needed 29 of the remaining clubs to join them, but they only got 10. That is, they needed support from 3 out of every 4 other clubs (actually more stringent, because of the required distribution) - instead, they got 1 out of every 4 clubs. A crushing rejection.