13 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Nah I just listened to what was being said and didn’t try an twist it to suit my agenda

Tell me why has MacLennan not done a single interview with a journalist in his 3 year tenure as SPFL Chairman??? 

Who wanted to hear an interview with him? A few weeks ago most of us probably didn’t know who he was.

33 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Cui bono?

The known votes happen to be all the teams who have a vested interest in nullifying the 'end the season' vote.

Rangers want to keep alive their miniscule chance of stopping 10IAR.

Hearts want to play their way out of the relegation spot

Aberdeen wants to play their way into the assured European spot.

The other loser from the season end situation is, errr, Hibs, who lost a league place to St Johnstone's average points per game.

There's a reason why we're pretty much the only Premiership team to not put out a statement...

Aberdeen are in a European spot, if there are any European competitions in 2020/21. There will be no Scottish Cup European spot so fourth place is the third Europa League place. That is not why Aberdeen voted the way they did. Anyway, I'm not sure if you realise that it wasn't a vote to end the Premiership. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Aberdeen are in a European spot, if there are any European competitions in 2020/21. There will be no Scottish Cup European spot so fourth place is the third Europa League place. That is not why Aberdeen voted the way they did. Anyway, I'm not sure if you realise that it wasn't a vote to end the Premiership. 

First off, as far as I can tell, there's no decision been made about the Scottish Cup, and given that it's only three games away from completion, it's far easier to finish than the league.

Secondly, while today's vote wasn't officially a vote to end the Premiership, in reality, the whole squalid exercise was primarily just a bunch of disgruntled teams trying to get a do-over to the season end vote in April.

Thirdly, my post not have been entirely serious...

Edited by Aim Here

15 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I have slagged off English on here which is unfortunate as I used to rate him as one of the few journos who was neutral. But he has mad a huge mess of this.

He isn’t on the Radio to be neutral.  None of them are, aside from the commentators.  He just happens to be badly wrong on this particular issue.

32 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Probably a good point, people have been laughing at Keith Jacksons articles for years yet he seems to be given all the big interviews and got promoted

English may have lost credibility but doubt it will affect him financially since he is a bigger name now partly due to becoming a bit of a laughing stock , clickbait is king these days.

Christ, that's a depressing thought.

I don't know that he'd willingly sell his soul.  But maybe he's finding the limelight seductive.

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

Always amazes me quite how seriously Rangers* fans take themselves. Some of those posts from RM. Wooft!

It's mental how simply supporting a football team can have folk genuinely buying insanely stupid conspiracies and have them be rabid, horrible bigots.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He isn’t on the Radio to be neutral.  None of them are, aside from the commentators.  He just happens to be badly wrong on this particular issue.

The commentators usually fail in that quite badly.

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Well apparently he had his tongue right up Anne Budge's arse last week so nae wunner.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd like to hear more from Gareth.

English has gone off the deep end for sure. He seemed a decent enough journalist before all this, was well researched and made a decent argument. But his fall back whenever his opinion has been challenged in all this seems to have been to just say, sometimes disconnected to anything else, that 'its not just Rangers asking for this'.

Self promotion/notoriety would have seemed beneath him in the past, but he's been everywhere hawking his book about the grand slam Scotland team from the 90s too, so who knows 

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

By neutral I mean having no allegiance to one team like every other journo or pundit. But he comes across as a rabid Servconian this time.

42 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Probably a good point, people have been laughing at Keith Jacksons articles for years yet he seems to be given all the big interviews and got promoted

English may have lost credibility but doubt it will affect him financially since he is a bigger name now partly due to becoming a bit of a laughing stock , clickbait is king these days.

Exactly. These guys know exactly what they are doing.

Everyone in here talking about English, albeit none of it positive, gets him more and more publicity.

Sky Sports beckons.

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Tom English saying Neil Doncaster hasn't done a one to one interview in 3 year. He done two in the past week whilst he was live on the air. Fucking hell.

You weren't listening properly. 

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Kheredine read out a prepared statement at the start then fucked off.

He's been in and out of the podcast right the way through to the end. What exactly are you listening to?

I’m not going to lie, I’ve completely lost track as to what has happened over the past couple days. I don’t understand why Rangers are so raging. I don’t get what Caley did to make themselves look daft. Totally lost.

I’m not going to lie, I’ve completely lost track as to what has happened over the past couple days. I don’t understand why Rangers are so raging. I don’t get what Caley did to make themselves look daft. Totally lost.

Nothing. Nothing has happened. Rangers are raging and Caley are daft for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. Which, for me, makes it so much better.

Listened to tonight`s BBC podcast and I am beside myself with the direction it took.

First of all the MAJORITY vote which at 64% is pretty sizeable was given hardly any acknowledgement nor was the vote by definition seen for what it was namely that the bulk of clubs did not believe an inquiry was necessary. Instead what we got was an over concentration on those in the minority. Yup lets note their discontent  but c`mon  lets get a grip!

Meanwhile aside from Mc Intyre`s bombastic and sensationalised questions which were clearly geared towards continually pointing the finger at the SPFL board we then had Tom English!!!!

Clearly pissed off that that his `take` on the conflict has now run aground he came out with the clearly inferred view that the clubs behind the resolution were acting in the best interests of Scottish football.  Not only is this tripe as even the most objective fan knows that Rangers and Hearts to name but 2  have had their own vested interests in the conflict [which of course are unconnected with the welfare of others] , but more importantly he again chose tonight not to address these interests in any shape or form.

That these `elephant in the room interests` did not get the attention they deserved in the podcast nor indeed did  the known widespread view held by many fans that the SPFL would be well within their rights  to now initiate disrepute charges against  Rangers  for their actions and comments throughout , simply leaves me with the view that the BBC coverage is not fit for purpose. Gone is balance and an avoidance of taking on the real issues. Indeed I`m left with the feeling that the BBC has been neutered preferring instead to pussy foot on the issues that matter . 

Journalists of the standard of Ian Archer and Hugh Mc Ilvanney will be turning in their grave.

It's ridiculous that anyone reckons that 31% were behind the spirit of the resolution today: clubs had many different reasons for voting either way, some because they felt they'd been denied the chance of promotion, some because they feel their relegation is unfair, others wanting reconstruction or redistribution of prize money, and one not wanting Celtic to be awarded the Premiership.

There was no unified motivation for supporting one side or the other, apart from the self interest of every club.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian
Errors!

If I could be arsed I'd photoshop the relevant teams into this, but seeing as we all know what it's referring to I'll save myself the bother and just post the unedited YouTube version..