11 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Course they do, unless your telling me that those people who become "Chairpersons" do not have any interest in following the sport they will be working in and is the most widely followed sport in the country that has over 100,000 going to games everyweek not including those that follow but don't/can't attend.

Indeed, it would be almost impossible to find someone who has the requisite interest in Scottish football whilst simultaneously being neither ‘wan of us’ or ‘wan of them’

Edited by ribzanelli

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

English has not covered himself in glory here to put it lightly - even looking at his timeline on there, he has quote tweeted every single statement from clubs backing the Rangers/Hearts position with some sort of "this is interesting" quote and has basically ignored every other one aside from a basic RT of the Dunfermline one. For a guy who's talking about both sides of the story that's a bit rich.

He's just tweeted the Inverness statement with "I think this what you call a rebuttal", but of course people who had exclusively followed the story through him would have no idea what it is a rebuttal of.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I hope our vote was the first in the fucking inbox.

Genuinely hope we've done something again - Just for the banter.

Lot of people saying they're fed up of this, I'm fucking loving every second of it. The drama is better than what we see on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Lot of people saying they're fed up of this, I'm fucking loving every second of it. The drama is better than what we see on the pitch.

I get that, but I'd like for the Caley Thistle train to pick up some more steam before we re-emerge in this shitshow.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

- Inverness called for null and void for 'reasons', although I strongly suspect that said reasons were they thought they'd have a good shot at getting in to the Premiership via reconstruction.

Exactly, this is ict's motivation for what they have been doing.  Nothing to do with rangers, hearts, partick thistle, just a back door to the top division.

26 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

So...ICT are confirming then that they wanted money paid out but no champions elected or relegation actioned. Essentially null and voiding a season but wanting the cash for positions, exactly the point that other clubs didn't want and we're then accused of bullying to stop it from happening.

I've no idea what the ICT statement is actually looking to prove because from my reading it does nothing other than prove some points that were being made against SG.

Can I just confirm that I did not say anything that you have quoted me as saying!  

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Makes a change from the usual vain attempt at football related chat when theres no football!

Are we really sure this isn't deliberate to get folk talking about SPFL as part of some media campaign? As some of these statements.really are beyond parody!

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Euro-vision style would've been more entertaining. 

In these times of zero income for Scottish football, surely a televised PPV programme would have been the sensible option?

All these tough minded experienced businessmen that Doncaster talks about are coming out more like thick and naive nellies. Caley thinking they were playing a devious game trying  to force reconstruction and having a hissy fit when told null and void would be the far more likely consequence is just one of the funniest.