1 minute ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

So...ICT are confirming then that they wanted money paid out but no champions elected or relegation actioned. Essentially null and voiding a season but wanting the cash for positions, exactly the point that other clubs didn't want and we're then accused of bullying to stop it from happening.

I've no idea what the ICT statement is actually looking to prove because from my reading it does nothing other than prove some points that were being made against SG.

Our first statement said we would be content with the teams in first place being awarded the titles of their respective divisions.

13 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Exactly, show me any football fan who has never said something along those lines about a rival club & I show you a liar.

It doesn't mean its true, it could be a joke, it could just be rivalry type banter. 

Thats not to say he may feel that way but context is everything.

Aye but any football fan does not become Chairman of the governing body !!!!!

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Our first statement said we would be content with the teams in first place being awarded the titles of their respective divisions.

..and doing what? Staying in the league the next season....unless of course there was reconstruction which was ICTs aim all the time...nothing to do with Partick, Hearts or Stranraer as SG would have you believe.

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Then you end up with a 13 team top division. 

Yup but I suspect, as mentioned in here, we were trying to work it so reconstruction would take place and we would pop into the Premiership as the 14th team even though the logistics of this are not feasible.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And third hand quotes from the early 90's. f**k knows what I could have been quoted saying back then.

I know what you mean.

With all this debacle,

They're twistin my melon man

They talk so hip man

They're twistin' my melon man

Yours, sorted for Es and Whiz our kid

aDONis

1 minute ago, RiG said:

But that statement was after the vote and this resolution.

That was ICT saying the were fine with the league winners and promotion after it was confirmed. This latest statement is relating to a story about their behaviour prior to that vote. The DR story also seems to corroborate Dunfermline's statement who say SG was more the "bully" and will be backed up by other clubs.

Thus latest ICT sounds more like  child trying to save skin while caught with their hands in the biscuit tin!

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

But that statement was after the vote and this resolution.

That was ICT saying the were fine with the league winners and promotion after it was confirmed. This latest statement is relating to a story about their behaviour prior to that vote. The DR story also seems to corroborate Dunfermline's statement who say SG was more the "bully" and will be backed up by other clubs.

Thus latest ICT sounds more like  child trying to save skin while caught with their hands in the biscuit tin!

Our position is a contradictory mess it's pretty much impossible to argue otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Aye but any football fan does not become Chairman of the governing body !!!!!

Course they do, unless your telling me that those people who become "Chairpersons" do not have any interest in following the sport they will be working in and is the most widely followed sport in the country that has over 100,000 going to games everyweek not including those that follow but don't/can't attend.

Course they do, unless your telling me that those people who become "Chairpersons" do not have any interest in following the sport they will be working in and is the most widely followed sport in the country that has over 100,000 going to games everyweek not including those that follow but don't/can't attend.

Of course they shouldn't. All top-tier positions of power in football (and in society in general) should be held by members of the Merchant School Rugby Master Race (Or, failing that, Rangers fans). Didn't you get taught this in Modern Studies at school?

Your right they do BUT due diligence should be done and IF they have said anything like what is alleged in that statement then they should be nowhere near the Chairperson of the board which includes a club that he did it about 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just wondering if that surprisingly aggressive statement from ICT really was composed by Ross Morrison or has he been asked to put his name to the words of A.N. Other.

It’s a ‘concomitant’ away from a Jabba full house.