2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

If someone who has a better understanding of the situation could explain what each team has to gain and why the f**k they're dragging this pish out for so long, I'd be grateful for a brief summary. 

What would null and void achieve? No champions? No relegation or promotion/ No prize money?? / What about European qualification?

This whole sorry scenario started way back in July 2017 to when Murdoch MacLennan was appointed Chairman of the SPFL and Rangers raised concerns about an article in the magazine Private Eye This was raised with Doncaster and they claim these were never investigated by him. There has been ongoing friction (just as there was between Wee Fergus and Jim Farry all those years ago) ever since and Rangers are determined to get them one way or another. Don’t think it’s got anything to do with a vote it’s just a means to an end.
To date MacLennan has never confirmed or denied what was said in the article, which if they are true are quite inflammatory  views for a Chairman of a board to have regarding one the member clubs.

Extracts of what he allegedly said are shown below … make your own mind up if there appropriate or not

Hampden sources have revealed Park, has written to MacLennan insisting he clarify his stance on an article in Private Eye. 

The satirical magazine claimed MacLennan “hates” Rangers and has a “loathing” for the club and quoted him as saying: “Ah cannae stand the b******s”. 

MacLennan, 71, has never publicly addressed the article, which appeared shortly after he took up his post on Hampden’s sixth floor in July 2017.

St Johnstone's full statement:

'Following Friday’s private meeting regarding views on league reconstruction, the Board would like to outline the Club’s position on the matter to our supporters.

Firstly, we’d like to state categorically that as a Club we are not against reconstruction. In fact, our Chairman Steve Brown has been a vocal supporter of league reconstruction for a number of years and in that time, he has spoken to numerous clubs throughout the divisions. He has also raised the topic of league reconstruction at Premiership meetings.

Although clubs were open to the idea, it was never taken forward to a formal discussion.

St. Johnstone Football Club was heavily involved in the last league reconstruction discussions. The process began in November 2012, and by April 2013, the Premiership clubs thought they were in a position to clear the formidable 11-1 voting hurdle. Unfortunately, it did not obtain the necessary support required.

It was more than apparent prior to our discussions last Friday that the majority of clubs both in the Premiership and elsewhere wanted a permanent solution.

With this in mind, we were of the opinion, that it was unrealistic to overcome the many intricacies and complexities involved in pushing through any reconstruction proposals in such a short space of time.

We were concerned that there was a potential risk to the broadcast deal which is the only realistic source of income for all 42 clubs for the foreseeable future. In our opinion, it would be negligent and reckless to do something with the knowledge that it could likely have a detrimental effect to income sources.

Lastly, we are keen to stress that the issue of league reconstruction should not be taken off the table and we remain open to future discussions.'

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

St Johnstone's full statement:

'Following Friday’s private meeting regarding views on league reconstruction, the Board would like to outline the Club’s position on the matter to our supporters.

Firstly, we’d like to state categorically that as a Club we are not against reconstruction. In fact, our Chairman Steve Brown has been a vocal supporter of league reconstruction for a number of years and in that time, he has spoken to numerous clubs throughout the divisions. He has also raised the topic of league reconstruction at Premiership meetings.

Although clubs were open to the idea, it was never taken forward to a formal discussion.

St. Johnstone Football Club was heavily involved in the last league reconstruction discussions. The process began in November 2012, and by April 2013, the Premiership clubs thought they were in a position to clear the formidable 11-1 voting hurdle. Unfortunately, it did not obtain the necessary support required.

It was more than apparent prior to our discussions last Friday that the majority of clubs both in the Premiership and elsewhere wanted a permanent solution.

With this in mind, we were of the opinion, that it was unrealistic to overcome the many intricacies and complexities involved in pushing through any reconstruction proposals in such a short space of time.

We were concerned that there was a potential risk to the broadcast deal which is the only realistic source of income for all 42 clubs for the foreseeable future. In our opinion, it would be negligent and reckless to do something with the knowledge that it could likely have a detrimental effect to income sources.

Lastly, we are keen to stress that the issue of league reconstruction should not be taken off the table and we remain open to future discussions.'

Some common sense among all the seethe.

21 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

That's the meeting underway now. Wonder when we will get our first statement.

POLICE SCOTLAND

Police Scotland were called to Hampden Park* after reports of a mass brawl between the chairpersons of all 42 Scottish Clubs and SPFL Officials.  It is reported that the allegations and counter allegations spilled over into violent confrontations between two chairmen with others wading in the break things up.  An independant enquiry into events has been called, dismissed and will now take place once a date has been set.

Spoiler

*I know its a video conference call they're doing

Edited by greendot
*cough

1 minute ago, greendot said:

POLICE SCOTLAND

Police Scotland were called to Hampden Park* after reports of a mass brawl between the chairpersons of all 42 Scottish Clubs and SPFL Officials.  It is reported that the allegations and counter allegations spilled over into voilent confrontations between two chairmen with others wading in the break things up.  An independant enquiry into events has been called, dismissed and will now take place once a date has been set.

Reveal hidden contents

*I know its a video conference call they're doing

You had me taken in until things got voilent.

19 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

This whole sorry scenario started way back in July 2017 to when Murdoch MacLennan was appointed Chairman of the SPFL and Rangers raised concerns about an article in the magazine Private Eye This was raised with Doncaster and they claim these were never investigated by him. There has been ongoing friction (just as there was between Wee Fergus and Jim Farry all those years ago) ever since and Rangers are determined to get them one way or another. Don’t think it’s got anything to do with a vote it’s just a means to an end.
To date MacLennan has never confirmed or denied what was said in the article, which if they are true are quite inflammatory  views for a Chairman of a board to have regarding one the member clubs.

Extracts of what he allegedly said are shown below … make your own mind up if there appropriate or not

Hampden sources have revealed Park, has written to MacLennan insisting he clarify his stance on an article in Private Eye. 

The satirical magazine claimed MacLennan “hates” Rangers and has a “loathing” for the club and quoted him as saying: “Ah cannae stand the b******s”. 

MacLennan, 71, has never publicly addressed the article, which appeared shortly after he took up his post on Hampden’s sixth floor in July 2017.

Perhaps he doesnt feel the need to respond to unverified he said, she said tittle tattle from nearly 30 years ago. Embarrassing that Rangers actually issued a statement about this 

Inverness Statement Mark II.

I would like to take a moment to offer Caley Jags fans, and the wider football community some clarity. 

This morning we woke to another scurrilous piece of journalism on our club simply because we did not go along with the now infamous and botched SPFL resolution on April 10th. Of course this should come as no shock to anyone since we are enduring a concerted and co-ordinated campaign to tarnish any club which seeks to disagree with, or shine a light on the incompetence unfolding before our very eyes.

This shameful attack on the integrity our CEO in this morning’s Daily Record is totally without foundation and I will be speaking publicly later in the week in greater detail on just how far fetched and ridiculous this is. It would be laughable if it wasn’t such a crass attempt to attack an individual who, alongside myself, has been entirely truthful and consistent throughout this sorry and unprofessional debacle.

From the outset we argued for a change in the resolution so that monies could be paid out on places as we all stand in order to get help to those who desperately needed it and that no relegation should  take place. A priority was that further harm should not be inflicted upon fellow members at a time of crisis. That was it and our statement on Sunday reiterated that we did not, a any time, have issue with titles being awarded. Suggesting that we were attempting to do something which would lose the club the best part of £200,000 is quite preposterous. Every reasonable person will see that. 
We were asked to support a resolution with Rangers and Hearts that sought to pay out the fees on places but not to conflate it with relegation. It did that and that alone. That was the only other resolution we put forward or discussed with anyone and even then, only as a signatory. 

There is not a scintilla of truth in this disgraceful hatchet piece published in that Glasgow newspaper today. It is utterly without foundation and I can tell you the “secret Inverness plan” was so secret that no-one in Inverness knew about it! As I say, it would be funny if it were not so shameless and designed to tarnish our club and our CEO. I also take it personally and we will not stand for it. 

We will be looking to shed more light on this very serious issue in the coming days but we would like to thank the supporters of many clubs, including our own obviously, for their solidarity and the officials and officers of the many clubs who have contacted us with support this morning. We will reserve our rights to defend the club against all unfair and false accusations but in the meantime we have another vote to attend.
Thank You 

Ross Morrison

Chairman

ICTFC

6 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Perhaps he doesnt feel the need to respond to unverified he said, she said tittle tattle from nearly 30 years ago. Embarrassing that Rangers actually issued a statement about this 

Simple Aye I said it or No I didn’t 

By not responding to it means in all likelihood he did say it 

Simples 

5 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Exactly, show me any football fan who has never said something along those lines about a rival club & I show you a liar.

It doesn't mean its true, it could be a joke, it could just be rivalry type banter. 

Thats not to say he may feel that way but context is everything.

I would like to take a moment to offer Caley Jags fans, and the wider football community some clarity. 

This morning we woke to another scurrilous piece of journalism on our club simply because we did not go along with the now infamous and botched SPFL resolution on April 10th. Of course this should come as no shock to anyone since we are enduring a concerted and co-ordinated campaign to tarnish any club which seeks to disagree with, or shine a light on the incompetence unfolding before our very eyes.

This shameful attack on the integrity our CEO in this morning’s Daily Record is totally without foundation and I will be speaking publicly later in the week in greater detail on just how far fetched and ridiculous this is. It would be laughable if it wasn’t such a crass attempt to attack an individual who, alongside myself, has been entirely truthful and consistent throughout this sorry and unprofessional debacle.

From the outset we argued for a change in the resolution so that monies could be paid out on places as we all stand in order to get help to those who desperately needed it and that no relegation should  take place. A priority was that further harm should not be inflicted upon fellow members at a time of crisis. That was it and our statement on Sunday reiterated that we did not, a any time, have issue with titles being awarded. Suggesting that we were attempting to do something which would lose the club the best part of £200,000 is quite preposterous. Every reasonable person will see that. 
We were asked to support a resolution with Rangers and Hearts that sought to pay out the fees on places but not to conflate it with relegation. It did that and that alone. That was the only other resolution we put forward or discussed with anyone and even then, only as a signatory. 

There is not a scintilla of truth in this disgraceful hatchet piece published in that Glasgow newspaper today. It is utterly without foundation and I can tell you the “secret Inverness plan” was so secret that no-one in Inverness knew about it! As I say, it would be funny if it were not so shameless and designed to tarnish our club and our CEO. I also take it personally and we will not stand for it. 

We will be looking to shed more light on this very serious issue in the coming days but we would like to thank the supporters of many clubs, including our own obviously, for their solidarity and the officials and officers of the many clubs who have contacted us with support this morning. We will reserve our rights to defend the club against all unfair and false accusations but in the meantime we have another vote to attend.
Thank You 

Ross Morrison

Chairman

ICTFC

He could have just said “the article was false/incorrect/based on lies”. That article is a non denial denial, swinging and missing at everyone and anyone. This is turning into a public relations nightmare for ICT.

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

So they say they were never advocating null and void. If that's the case, then why would Ross McArthur telling them that nulling and voiding the season would result in equal split of prize money be interpreted as a threat?

Either way they're contradicting themselves.

4 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Exactly, show me any football fan who has never said something along those lines about a rival club & I show you a liar.

It doesn't mean its true, it could be a joke, it could just be rivalry type banter. 

Thats not to say he may feel that way but context is everything.

And third hand quotes from the early 90's. f**k knows what I could have been quoted saying back then.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

From the outset we argued for a change in the resolution so that monies could be paid out on places as we all stand in order to get help to those who desperately needed it and that no relegation should  take place

So...ICT are confirming then that they wanted money paid out but no champions elected or relegation actioned. Essentially null and voiding a season but wanting the cash for positions, exactly the point that other clubs didn't want and we're then accused of bullying to stop it from happening.

I've no idea what the ICT statement is actually looking to prove because from my reading it does nothing other than prove some points that were being made against SG.