4 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

If the SPFL were to say that they were open to an inquiry, (paid for by all clubs and QCs chosen by clubs for neutrality) but that it needed to happen after decisions on finishing leagues etc. were made I wonder how that would go down? Would this still be seen as bullying to get things agreed or a common sense approach to allow completion and agreement on this season but transparency on what's happened and comfort on process and governance going forward?

I don't think any inquiry is going to help resolve this seasons problems and if people really are so intent to believe that the SPFL are such a corrupt, negligent and bullying organisation would ANY report make them see otherwise unless it fully backed up their claims?

They could have done things and handled things better and had they had 4 or 5 months to agree and arrange more competently then I think the approach would be markedly different - it wasn't, they didn't , we are where we are...a bit of contrition and working together with all the teams would help this get resolved far quicker than any inquiry would in my opinion..

"Will it be a Protestant or a Catholic QC? No, will they be a tcheucter? I'm not having one of the posh Edinburgh ones. Well I'm not having a weegie!"

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"Will it be a Protestant or a Catholic QC? No, will they be a tcheucter? I'm not having one of the posh Edinburgh ones. Well I'm not having a weegie!"

Exactly, it will be impossible to convince Scottish football that the enquiry was neutral as if it backs up what Rangers have claimed then it will be considered some Masonic conspiracy and if it tells Rangers to pipe doon then it’ll be a ‘what school did he go to’ kafflick conspiracy

4 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Tom's pet source is blown wide open for all to see. It is obvious the has been taking one source of information and using that for his hysterics on this issue. 

His source is Ann Budge, not Inverness. Kheredine Idessane is the one being fed by Gardner.

English has not covered himself in glory here to put it lightly - even looking at his timeline on there, he has quote tweeted every single statement from clubs backing the Rangers/Hearts position with some sort of "this is interesting" quote and has basically ignored every other one aside from a basic RT of the Dunfermline one. For a guy who's talking about both sides of the story that's a bit rich.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Exactly....no matter the team if they want to find an issue they will so the main question is what are the clubs hoping to achieve if there is an inquiry? If there is an inquiry are they going to accept the outcome and also, if necessary, will the SPFL take any actions, remedial or otherwise that are raised?

As much as I’ve quite enjoyed the tear stained statements and mudslinging, the reduction of every matter in Scottish football (and wider society) to Rangers/Celtic is fucking exhausting. I can’t put into words how much I would love it if both of them just fucked off or ceased to exist.

Although I think the dossier was largely full of nonsense and I don’t think there has been any bullying etc, I’ve started to come round to the idea of an independent inquiry because there have clearly been issues with the way this episode has been handled by the SPFL.

But like those above, I’ve absolutely no confidence that an independent inquiry would allow us to move forward because everything would boil down to conspiratorial pish by one side or the other.

5 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Smoking gun. 

0_18912761~2.jpg

A picture paints a thousand words, even aside from the shoes. Why pose like a haddie like that? Why not sitting at a desk? He probably forgot to order a seat right enough.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If he leaked the whatsapp conversation it's backfired big style for him. Makes him look like a dick and nobody will trust him again.

He's shown himself to be an utter dick and a total clown. His attempts at negotiating were from a very weak position that anyone who wasn't a total moron would have seen. His bluster was called early and he went in a big huff and said big boys called him names.

A total fanny of a man who was punted from Dundee and Hearts (Hearts! The same club who still employ Craig Levein and Gary Locke!) and is now dragging down the credibility of Inverness rapidly.

Also he's a dirty Sevco scumbag.

22 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Tom's pet source is blown wide open for all to see. It is obvious the has been taking one source of information and using that for his hysterics on this issue. 

Talking of credibility, Tom English has, inexplicably, decided to throw all of his away on this matter. Bizarre that he came out so strongly on one side at the start and then doubled down and has been exponentially doubling down since, despite the real picture rapidly showing how wrong he is.

Although there is little evidence of gross mismanagement I would have supported an enquiry in order to clear things up and potentially have tangible proof to chuck at clubs that made any false accusations. However I do not think that an enquiry will help. In fact more mud slinging seems the likely outcome with further alienation.

Just relegate Herts, tell Sevo to shut the f**k up, ignore the rest, and get on with it.

29 minutes ago, dezz said:

As much as I’ve quite enjoyed the tear stained statements and mudslinging, the reduction of every matter in Scottish football (and wider society) to Rangers/Celtic is fucking exhausting. I can’t put into words how much I would love it if both of them just fucked off or ceased to exist.

Although I think the dossier was largely full of nonsense and I don’t think there has been any bullying etc, I’ve started to come round to the idea of an independent inquiry because there have clearly been issues with the way this episode has been handled by the SPFL.

But like those above, I’ve absolutely no confidence that an independent inquiry would allow us to move forward because everything would boil down to conspiratorial pish by one side or the other.

I think the only mess the SPFL made of it was trying to rush it through too quickly, they could easily have waited for the 26 days for the votes to come in and the resolution possibly amended, Stranraer would have just had to hang on for their £2000 remaining prize money due or whatever it was. Plenty other leagues haven't decided even now. The idea that the clubs didn't know the standing orders state clearly that the deadline for the votes was a few weeks away is laughable even if true. Having it all negotiated through private whatsapp groups and zoom conferences didn't help, made room for loads of unrealistic plots, schemes, paranoia and distrust. An enquiry would solve zilch and would be wasting people's time when there's loads of stuff to sort out for when football starts again

Edited by welshbairn

20 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Although there is little evidence of gross mismanagement I would have supported an enquiry in order to clear things up and potentially have tangible proof to chuck at clubs that made any false accusations. However I do not think that an enquiry will help. In fact more mud slinging seems the likely outcome with further alienation.

Just relegate Herts, tell Sevo to shut the f**k up, ignore the rest, and get on with it.

I’d like this to happen just for the #scenes

After the resolution to have an inquiry is likely thrown out today, that may well end up happening 

Although it may be closer than we originally thought 

I'm very much in the bin the Rangers request camp because...f**k Rangers and their narrow scope shite. It's clear their agenda has f**k all to do with "the good of the game".

However if clubs want to have some sort of independent review in terms of governance and how the SPFL is run once there's been some sort of normality restored then they can fill their boots. That needs to come from the clubs putting best practice as a priority rather than just bumbling along letting the SPFL board take the heat as they have done.

If they want to pay for more staff and move away from the small time golf club mentality then crack on.

The chat between Duncan McKay and @craigkillie on the Terrace yesterday was nail on head stuff. The absolute shitshow this has become has simply highlighted the faults that were already there - it's got f**k all to do with the vote on the resolution to conclude the season though.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Looks like it. Looks like his  PR company worked with the orange order. 

.....and tulloch homes. 

Halogen PR, a company set up by former MP and Scottish Conservative chairman Raymond Robertson, has been hired by the Order. Spokesman Iain McMenemy said: "We want to make it clear that the Order has a zero-tolerance policy on anything paramilitary or singing any bigoted songs. They have also made it clear that the so-called Buckfast brigade with their Rangers tops and flags are no longer welcome."

Might have picked up some useful experience as a mediator along the way though.

One of Iain's toughest undertakings was when he was asked to supervise the first municipal elections in Bosnia after the civil war. Iain was tasked with organising polling in Srebrenica, the town where the genocidal massacre had taken place during the conflict.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

owever if clubs want to have some sort of independent review in the broad terms of governance and how the SPFL is run once there's been some sort of normality restored then they can fill their boots. That needs to come from the clubs putting best practice as a priority rather than just bumbling along letting the SPFL board take the heat as they have done.

What I don't get is if this isn't the time to discuss reconstruction with all the Covid mess to deal with, how is it the time to delay everything for weeks or months to look into corporate governance and settle old scores?