Future League Reconstruction

So now that reconstruction for season 20/21 has been canned, what best structure should our league look like going forward for change at somepoint in a couple of seasons or five?

Pretty sure Hearts,Falkirk and other clubs who are convinced we must change will continue their work on this?

What will happen next? or has everyone lost interest already?

Edited by Sparticus
spelling again

In all seriousness I think any reconstruction ideas if they are to be implemented need to wait for a few years.  We might not have a proper season.  If anything call next season a dead rubber with no promotion or relegation should we not get to play over 50% of games.

As for actual reconstruction.  4 leagues of 12.  The prior season would mean no relegation and teams up from the highland/ lowland leagues.

33 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

So now that reconstruction for season 20/21 has been canned, what best structure should our league look like going forward for change at somepoint in a couple of seasons or five?

Pretty sure Hearts,Falkirk and other clubs who are convinced we must change will continue their work on this?

Hearts' interest in reconstruction will depend entirely on their league position in/around March/April next year. Assuming we're playing football by then.

57 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Hearts interest in reconstruction ends the moment they're officially relegated and the new season begins. They have zero interest in an expanded top flight which is why they proposed a temporary reconstruction. 

Falkirk are just a lol, desperately scrambling to try and get themselves out the seaside leagues by any means necessary. I daresay theyll push for reconstruction until they actually reach the top flight, at which point they'll do the exact same as they done last time, and vote against it.

14 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Why is your username spelt like that? It’s doing my head in. Please change it, explain it, or stop posting. 

1.dunno i just typed that at the time.didnt seem that important.

2 .I'm sorry

3 I dont know how to

4 See 1

5 I cant because you asked me questions.

6 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

1.dunno i just typed that at the time.didnt seem that important.

2 .I'm sorry

3 I dont know how to

4 See 1

5 I cant because you asked me questions.

You'll not last long in here.  Far too polite and understanding.

The correct responses would have been

1. That's how it's spelt in..........

2.  F**k you

3. See 2

4.  See 3

5. See 4

Edited by akredz

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

If you don’t want Hamilton in the league you shouldn’t have hilariously thrown away a two goal lead at your own ground. 

Top bantz from a bottom 6 club supporter.

22 minutes ago, akredz said:

You'll not last long in here.  Far too polite and understanding.

The correct responses would have been

1. That's how it's spelt in..........

2.  F**k you

3. See 2

4.  See 3

5. See 4

Lolz.I'll have another go at it.

46 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Why is your username spelt like that? It’s doing my head in. Please change it, explain it, or stop posting. 

1. To annoy you

2. Superb

3. No chance

4.See 1

5.You stop first

I think we should wait until the tail end of next season(whenever that is) and if Hearts are looking like winning the championship, turn the top league into a 10 team league, relegate 2 and promote no one.

There’s nothing wrong with the current setup. Yes, the same teams 4 times a season is far from ideal, but they’re almost always meaningful games in some capacity. 12-10-10-10 has allowed for title races and relegation scraps that go right down to tje wire, and the general shitness of the SPFL has meant most teams are involved in somethimg at either end of the table. It works well enough, and I struggle to see a better structure which satisfies clubs, fans and broadcasters better than this one.

14 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I think we should wait until the tail end of next season(whenever that is) and if Hearts are looking like winning the championship, turn the top league into a 10 team league, relegate 2 and promote no one.

Or if they finish 3rd (or out of the playoff zone). Propose that 14 team league they're currently demanding and see if they still support it.

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

here’s nothing wrong with the current setup. Yes, the same teams 4 times a season is far from ideal, but they’re almost always meaningful games in some capacity. 12-10-10-10 has allowed for title races and relegation scraps that go right down to tje wire, and the general shitness of the SPFL has meant most teams are involved in somethimg at either end of the table. It works well enough, and I struggle to see a better structure which satisfies clubs, fans and broadcasters better than this one.

Yep - the current set -up represents the best we can cobble together given the club demographic we are stuck with.

I could have lived with the mooted 14 (6/8 split)-10-10-10, if only for the novelty value.  But splitting the league after 26 matches is just too early in the season.

16-16-16

Pros

The split is even
3 leagues is enough
Promotes the cream of the Lowland League/Highland League
Self preservists in league might go for it as theoretically it will be harder to go “non league”
automatic promotion/relegation in tier 3&4
Non league will move up to Tier 4
EOS/WOS/SOS will feed into Tier 4 & make tiers 5-7 in the LFL 
Can sell it to the NRJFL as Tier 5 football
Make a 3 region feeder into the Highland using NCL/North Juniors & Tayside & Angus Juniors

Then the pyramid is complete, self preservation teams have a buffer and we have a more level playing field.

5 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

16-16-16

Pros

The split is even
3 leagues is enough
Promotes the cream of the Lowland League/Highland League
Self preservists in league might go for it as theoretically it will be harder to go “non league”
automatic promotion/relegation in tier 3&4
Non league will move up to Tier 4
EOS/WOS/SOS will feed into Tier 4 & make tiers 5-7 in the LFL 
Can sell it to the NRJFL as Tier 5 football
Make a 3 region feeder into the Highland using NCL/North Juniors & Tayside & Angus Juniors

Then the pyramid is complete, self preservation teams have a buffer and we have a more level playing field.

So would it be 32 games a season? (Don't think Hearts would like that very much) Or 39 games a season with a split after playing each team twice?