Ann Budge - vote of no confidence

9 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Budge has been very good for the club overall and you'd need to switch off your brain not to see that.

How can you possibly justify this especially when she has overseen a £12m overspend on a stand to date with costs still rising while lining the pockets of family members ? 

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

This self-serving thing keeps coming up.

Can you name me a Scottish club who have recently, or ever, acted in a non-self-serving way?

She runs Hearts. She sees it as her job to speak for Hearts' interests.

I have absolutely no doubt there are plenty of people running Premiership clubs who would be all for cutting out some of the smaller clubs in the system from a business point of view. None of them would be so naive as to say so in public though.

Hibs voted Yes for a resolution that de facto cost us a place in the Premiership and somewhere between £150/£200k.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Hibs voted Yes for a resolution that de facto cost us a place in the Premiership and somewhere between £150/£200k.

But they voted against league restructuring that would have benefited the WHOLE of Scottish football.

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

But they voted against league restructuring that would have benefited the WHOLE of Scottish football.

That wasnt the question he asked m9

The Clubs do not agree. There is simply no consensus on any proposed change hence the decision to abandon the process.

12 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

No they didn't.

The shite proposals put forward would have been for the benefit of a very small number of clubs.

Are folk actually of the belief that pish that 14, 14, 14 would make Scottish football better and have a benefit to the game as a whole?!

18 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

How can you possibly justify this especially when she has overseen a £12m overspend on a stand to date with costs still rising while lining the pockets of family members ? 

And runs a club that requires a continual flow of money from the fans and that guy Benny Factor to keep the lights on.

She's doing a damn fine job.  

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No they didn't.

The shite proposals put forward would have been for the benefit of a very small number of clubs.

Are folk actually of the belief that pish that 14, 14, 14 would make Scottish football better and have a benefit to the game as a whole?!

I preferred a 16-14-14 but nothing was getting through the premier league clubs or the League 2, all self centered.

3 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

I preferred a 16-14-14 but nothing was getting through the premier league clubs or the League 2, all self centered.

Don't kid yourselves that any club was not self serving.

Guest JTS98
41 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's very simple.

She put up millions of pounds that we needed pronto.

She took on the running of the club when there was nobody else to do it.

Instead of having been liquidated, we are now alive, solvent, and have a new Main Stand and a sustainable financial model in place at the club.

Absolutely nobody is saying she hasn't made mistakes, but overall she has been good for Hearts. There is absolutely no debating that. To claim otherwise is to rewrite history.

10 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Budge has been very good for the club overall and you'd need to switch off your brain not to see that. 

The Springfield Monorail was a more successful construction project than the new main stand. 

She gave us a loan and then proceeded to utterly embarrass the club for years. Dempster reportedly delivering the coup de grace to her laughable reconstruction talking shop after years of #respecttherivalry is like something out of a Shakespearean tragedy. 

She is a vile human. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, SEETHING said:

The Springfield Monorail was a more successful construction project than the new main stand. 

She gave us a loan and then proceeded to utterly embarrass the club for years. Dempster reportedly delivering the coup de grace to her laughable reconstruction talking shop after years of #respecttherivalry is like something out of a Shakespearean tragedy. 

She is a vile human. 

Would you rather have been liquidated then, aye?

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, SEETHING said:

Genuinely, yes. Would've saved us all a lot of hassle. 

I think you're in a minority of one there.

Guest JTS98
8 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

If lockdown has taught us anything, it's how nice it is to not have to watch Hearts. 

Don't know about that.

It's been a shite season, for sure. But I enjoyed winning the Championship ahead of Hibs and Rangers, qualifying for Europe, still having a team to watch when it looked like we might not.

It's pretty good being a Hearts fan. It's important to keep in mind that the reason the Hibs boys are jizzing themselves stupid at our unfair demotion is that we inflict utter misery on them pretty much all the time. We're even ahead on derby wins now in what was supposed to be their period of dominance. They were very excited about that when we went into admin.

Just a few weeks ago we handed their arses to them on their own patch. Again. That was lots of fun.

That's good stuff. And it's not going to change.

I like that.

Edited by JTS98

14 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Don't know about that.

It's been a shite season, for sure. But I enjoyed winning the Championship ahead of Hibs and Rangers, qualifying for Europe, still having a team to watch when it looked like we might not.

It's pretty good being a Hearts fan. It's important to keep in mind that the reason the Hibs boys are jizzing themselves stupid at our unfair demotion is that we inflict utter misery on them pretty much all the time. We're even ahead on derby wins now in what was supposed to be their period of dominance. They were very excited about that when we went into admin.

Just a few weeks ago we handed their arses to them on their own patch. Again. That was lots of fun.

That's good stuff. And it's not going to change.

I like that.

Unfair? You were bottom of the league when it finished m8. All teams at the bottom get relegated at the end of the season.

It's great being a Hearts fan when your club is spending money it doesn't have. Then it's shite when you realize it can't last forever and your club ends up in a hole.

4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

From the point of view of someone who doesn't understand football, getting rid of the smaller clubs makes perfect sense. The same number of fans divided among a smaller number of clubs. The same number of sponsors. The same amount of cash etc. That's what she thinks.

She's the kind of person who thinks that if Ayr United go bust, their fans will all go to watch Killie.

I don't think that makes her 'a vile human'. I think that makes her clueless.

Yes, but you see I'm pretty clueless about Belgian market gardening.  It's the main reason why I don't attempt to shape policy in that particular arena.

I don't think it would say great things about me if I boldly launched into it anyway, making stupid assumptions and advocating vandalism to its structures and constituent parts. 

In fact, such conduct could be described as vile.

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but you see I'm pretty clueless about Belgian market gardening.  It's the main reason why I don't attempt to shape policy in that particular arena.

I don't think it would say great things about me if I boldly launched into it anyway, making stupid assumptions and advocating vandalism to its structures and constituent parts. 

In fact, such conduct could be described as vile.

Let's put it another way.

Do you think she is unique in thinking in terms of what she perceives to be the best interests of her own club above all others?

Do you think such behaviour (self-interest) is the exception or the norm among football clubs?

Do you think she is the only executive of a Scottish club who would like to see fewer clubs?

Edited by JTS98