The 'glass ceiling'

traffordab

Whoah...I nearly missed that one...jeezo..."smarty-alec belly aching" ??

Directed toward someone who (in general terms) agrees with you ?

Glad you didn’t miss it - reread your last post in reply to glensmad, a poster who is pretty much a constant voice of reason and informed comment, and tell me you weren’t trying to be a smart Alec?

Pffft....this is the internet....I could also add that I have always found him in person to be a nice, decent, friendly, chap who I will hopefully meet again next season (whenever it starts) and tell him to his face that sometimes he talks (or, at least, writes) pish on P&B.

Pretty sure he doesn't need you to interpret for him or "staunchly" defend his point of view.

I have no quibble with Peter other than the way he is phrasing stuff since his conversion to the one true path of righteousness.

I'm joking by the way, just in case any other poe-faced, black & red socked, cunto starts on me...

P.S. Just re-read my previous P&B utterances to double-check...I'll tell you now that if the Peter I've met over the last umpteen years of pre-season friendlies doesn't see that as some gentle leg pulling I'll eat my fucking hat.

Edited by Black Pennel
Looking for hat recipes.

20 hours ago, glensmad said:

Yeh, they've every reason to be smug, eh ? After all, it's not as if they've lost almost 100 teams from their precious "grade" (whatever that means) over the past couple of years, eh ? They should be wearing their blazers with real pride.

That could take over from "Wear your poppy with pride"...

5 hours ago, traffordab said:

Below is a picture from the the new west of scotland committee before a recent zoom call. 

A representative from the free state of broomhill and alloa.

the royal burgh of rutherglen.

the old county of clydebank .

and

from the kilwinning branch of the pennsylvania dutch order were present. 

The situation was laid out to all those who attended thou shall not leave this room in one piece if thou do not agree to our beliefs, doctrines, customs and rituals. 

20200510_014247.jpg

What?

On 09/05/2020 at 12:19, glensmad said:
On 09/05/2020 at 12:17, LongTimeLurker said:
There is still the fig leaf of ongoing SJC entry but no word on how the voting went on that unless I missed something?

Not a peep. Almost two weeks on from the closing date for votes as well.

The Sunday Mail reports that the vote has passed and that 53 of the 63 clubs are keeping SJFA membership. 

Can you tell us the exact details of the proposed changes that were being voted on?

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The Sunday Mail reports that the vote has passed and that 53 of the 63 clubs are keeping SJFA membership. 

Can you tell us the exact details of the proposed changes that were being voted on?

Were the clubs given the results before the media? 

I'm assuming there was a deadline for WOS teams to pay their SJFA subs. 

Why are you excited about 53 grade traitor SENIOR clubs playing in another "grade" and undoubtedly winning the competition.

A complete slap in the face for real honest Junior clubs. Most Junior clubs will be out the first time they face one of the Senior interlopers and come the last 16 or so unless there has been a favourable draw its going to be 16 senior clubs competing to win a Junior competition and making a complete mockery of the competition.

That you are happy with that is odd in the extreme, its the final nail in the coffin. 

Edited by Junior Pub League

Were the clubs given the results before the media? 
I'm assuming there was a deadline for WOS teams to pay their SJFA subs. 
Well the West Region SJFA teams haven't been informed of the vote result as far as I am aware. I don't know about the other regions.

It was changes to the wording of the SJFA constitution to allow WoSFL teams to retain SJFA membership and play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they so wished. There were (I think) nine different clause amendments to be voted on.

Significantly, though, it was only WoSFL teams who were being accomodated, not former junior teams who now play in the EoSFL.

32 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Great news that over 50 west region clubs have committed themselves to the junior cup a real commitment to those clubs who value the tradition of the grade.

Must be over 100 clubs now involved. 👍

Yeah I make it 115 clubs for next season, well done to the SJFA for managing to lose almost 50 clubs in the last 10 years, great progress.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It was changes to the wording of the SJFA constitution to allow WoSFL teams to retain SJFA membership and play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they so wished. There were (I think) nine different clause amendments to be voted on.

Including changes to the format of the Junior Cup? Removal of the 25 player squad limit?

On 08/05/2020 at 19:47, traffordab said:

Kelty were warned years ago that they were getting involved with an organisation a group of clubs that looked after themselves and that they were merely replacing one glass ceiling for another. They charged ahead under new leadership abandoning the junior heritage built up over decades chucking money to reach the 'promised land'.

Today that ambition has been blocked it will continue to be block especially in the post pandemic years.

The drawbridge has almost been fully shut.

The rest embracing this phoney pyramid will also be dealt a bad hand and will scrambling about underneath the closed shop with no real identity feeling apart of the national game but in reality nothing of the sort.  

Today the pyramid was shown up as it will be again and again when it's crunch time and those blinded by the bright lights in this lala lala land will never see the truth and won't care a jot about the carnage and ill feeling they have caused. 

Apart from the obvious pish in this, it misses the point that all the SPFL play-offs were cancelled and the only promotions and relegations are those in automatic spots. Brechin aren't going down but neither are Accies, QotS or Forfar. Kelty/ Brora aren't going up but neither are any of the clubs in second to fourth places in the Championship, League 1 and League 2.

The reason is that holding play-offs to decide what league teams are going into immediately before the next league campaign starts is unfair on all of them - how could the 15 clubs involved budget, plan and recruit for that?

We all want an automatic relegation spot from L2 - but even if we had one, there would still have had to be a play-off between Kelty and Brora, which may not have been practicable either.

My preference is for promotions without relegations in this completely unique season, but there's insufficient support for that among SPFL clubs. Disappointing, but what's absolutely not the case is that Kelty are being treated any differently to clubs in the SPFL. The application of the rules has been consistent.

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Yeah I make it 115 clubs for next season, well done to the SJFA for managing to lose almost 50 clubs in the last 10 years, great progress.

Looking possible for 116 as Rothie Rovers are applying to the North Region.

Although, you've then got Livingston United possibly getting into the EoSFL if/when Bo'ness are confirmed to the Lowland League. Then the very slight possibility of Banks O'Dee finally applying to the Highland League 🤣

On 08/05/2020 at 19:47, traffordab said:

Kelty were warned years ago that they were getting involved with an organisation a group of clubs that looked after themselves and that they were merely replacing one glass ceiling for another. They charged ahead under new leadership abandoning the junior heritage built up over decades chucking money to reach the 'promised land'.

Today that ambition has been blocked it will continue to be block especially in the post pandemic years.

The drawbridge has almost been fully shut.

The rest embracing this phoney pyramid will also be dealt a bad hand and will scrambling about underneath the closed shop with no real identity feeling apart of the national game but in reality nothing of the sort.  

Today the pyramid was shown up as it will be again and again when it's crunch time and those blinded by the bright lights in this lala lala land will never see the truth and won't care a jot about the carnage and ill feeling they have caused. 

The SPFL are so keen on a glass ceiling they just promoted an ex Junior team to League One despite the league not finishing. You pleb