The 'glass ceiling'

traffordab

Kelty were warned years ago that they were getting involved with an organisation a group of clubs that looked after themselves and that they were merely replacing one glass ceiling for another. They charged ahead under new leadership abandoning the junior heritage built up over decades chucking money to reach the 'promised land'.

Today that ambition has been blocked it will continue to be block especially in the post pandemic years.

The drawbridge has almost been fully shut.

The rest embracing this phoney pyramid will also be dealt a bad hand and will scrambling about underneath the closed shop with no real identity feeling apart of the national game but in reality nothing of the sort.  

Today the pyramid was shown up as it will be again and again when it's crunch time and those blinded by the bright lights in this lala lala land will never see the truth and won't care a jot about the carnage and ill feeling they have caused. 

15 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Kelty were warned years ago that they were getting involved with an organisation a group of clubs that looked after themselves and that they were merely replacing one glass ceiling for another. They charged ahead under new leadership abandoning the junior heritage built up over decades chucking money to reach the 'promised land'.

Today that ambition has been blocked it will continue to be block especially in the post pandemic years.

The rest embracing this phoney pyramid will also be dealt a bad hand and will scrambling about underneath the closed shop with no real identity feeling apart of the national game but in reality nothing of the sort.  

Today the pyramid was shown up as it will be again and again when it's crunch time and those blinded by the bright lights in this lala lala land will never see the truth and won't care a jot about the carnage and ill feeling they have caused. 

Two days in a row with the same account. Its a miracle!

Promoting Kelty and Brora for one season of a 14-10-10-10 with three SPFL deadwood clubs being relegated in the aftermath would have been ideal, but the League Two clubs other than Cove and Edinburgh City were never going to agree to it unfortunately. Turkeys don't vote etc etc

43 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Kelty were warned years ago that they were getting involved with an organisation a group of clubs that looked after themselves and that they were merely replacing one glass ceiling for another.

Was this when they moved from the Fife Amateurs to the Juniors?

Edited by Cyclizine

[emoji1751]

1 hour ago, traffordab said:

😂😂😂 cracking trolling surely!!??

So you're now acknowledging that the big fish in a small pond junior bubble was a self-imposed glass ceiling? Well done! Shame you didn't do it before, and things might have changed before it was too late. The rest of your post is shite of course. I disapprove of the bottleneck between SPFL D2 and the LL, but there would have been playoffs if it wasn't for CV. These are extraordinary circumstances, in case you hadn't noticed.

Can only imagine the smug look on the sjfa head honchos faces the now.

Now for a full set only need bo'ness to be denied promotion to the lowland though if it goes does go through it only inflates the lowland even more so like the bloated wosfl tier 6 that does nobody any favours. 

What am almighty mess that will probably take the rest of the decade to sort out to see anything meaningful happen. 

Btw all just an opinion please nobody get upset and go running to the teacher to get me thrown out of class to stand in the bad square 😄

Edited by traffordab

Yeh, they've every reason to be smug, eh ? After all, it's not as if they've lost almost 100 teams from their precious "grade" (whatever that means) over the past couple of years, eh ? They should be wearing their blazers with real pride.

45 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Now for a full set only need bo'ness to be denied promotion to the lowland though if it goes does go through it only inflates the lowland even more so like the bloated wosfl tier 6 that does nobody any favours. 

What am almighty mess that will probably take the rest of the decade to sort out to see anything meaningful happen. 

Btw all just an opinion please nobody get upset and go running to the teacher to get me thrown out of class to stand in the bad square 😄

I've no doubt the man sitting in a nice office at Hampden with a £35k (?) salary is looking as smug as ever. I probably would be too in his position. Shame the N and E juniors are still screwed, though. Maybe they shouldn't have trusted an alleged national organisation that only cared for one third of said nation.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

...which they have now lost in its entirety.

Rather amusingly, too. Though there is yet time to save the West juniors! I think our pal here could be the man for that. 

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Even Felix gave up on that last weekend.

I missed that! I rather thought it was still a slight possibility, as some of the smaller clubs that didn't really want to move in the first place might be keen on it, the Saltcoats Vics types.

I missed that! I rather thought it was still a slight possibility, as some of the smaller clubs that didn't really want to move in the first place might be keen on it, the Saltcoats Vics types.
No, after Felix's call last weekend for clubs to return to the juniors, the WoSFL chairman announced on Sunday tea time that, after constructive talks, all clubs would be staying in the new WoSFL.

1 hour ago, traffordab said:

If the head honchos had pulled their heads out the trough ten years ago, the SJFA could've taken control of all semi-pro football in Scotland outwith the S(P)FL/SPL and Highland League. We could have had a vibrant setup across the whole country by now.

Now they've seen their organisation disintegrate around them with no prospect of recovery as they circle the drain into irrelevance.

Yeah, I'm sure they're feeling smug.

There is still the fig leaf of ongoing SJC entry but no word on how the voting went on that unless I missed something?
Not a peep. Almost two weeks on from the closing date for votes as well.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:
6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
There is still the fig leaf of ongoing SJC entry but no word on how the voting went on that unless I missed something?

Not a peep. Almost two weeks on from the closing date for votes as well.

Surely if the vote for the changes was carried it would have been published by now...? :huh: