Conquering Britain & Ireland

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Do you use same tactics for every team you have been,? 

I went different tactics at Knockbreda, Caerau Ely and Aberystwyth but since then it's normally been some variation of the below:

KCZQG82.png

I've tried different tactics, but they've never worked so just sticking with this. 

April 2047

\aZJPo6N.png

Well, mixed start to the season and out the cup. Oh well, these things happen.

To be fair, the FC Inter game was very even, but they took their chances. SJK were too good for us, but I'm only interested in getting promoted this season so not too fussed.

mNT1M2M.png

Early days, but this is the table. 

League splits in 2 after 22 games so we need to be at least 6th at that point to have a shot at going up.

May 2047

xPtvOHh.png

Unbeaten month, but not really what I was after with the 3 draws.

We're dominating most of our games, but (apart from against Espoo) we have a real struggle putting away chances, and we definitely can't finish teams off. Need to get better at that, but I'll take this so far.

5ikCR74.png

Going ok, need to drag the top teams back but we're doing fine at the minute. All that matters is getting promoted.

June 2047

NRUq0kT.png

First two results were really bad, the second two were great. 

Losing to Honka was annoying, but not unacceptable, but then drawing with a fucking dreadful Kajani side wasn't on.

Almost made up for it by scraping past (then) top of the table EIF and thrashing VIFK - even if they are the worst team in the league. At least we've finally won a game by more than a goal in the league.

gaL8oyt.png

We're comfortably sitting in the top half, which will be good to get us a chance of promotion. Slightly further away from top of the table than we were at the end of last month though, which isn't ideal.

July 2047

mvgaZYY.png

Well, that was a productive month. Only real disappointment was not beating Musa, which we should have done, but I can live with that.

Nn7VHcS.png

5 games to go until the split, and we're all but guaranteed to be in the top half.

Also made up a point on the teams at the top, so that's good.

August 2047

zFuMp3a.png

Good month. Draw with TPV wasn't ideal, but then beat 2 shite teams and my centre half got a hattrick against Honka, which was nice.

Should have beaten EIF, but we missed a couple of great chances.

cE9P6Vw.png

League table looks like this going into the split. We're pretty likely to be in the playoffs, but the title looks a bit out of our reach, unfortunately. 

September 2047

u0bsAY6.png

Did what we needed to do.

The loss to FC Inter saw them crowned champions, and then did pretty well in the games following that.

ZrmmaJq.png

77xQtAc.png

Into the playoffs we go. They follow the same format as the Scottish Premiership ones, except that the quarter and semi final are one legged, so we'll play the winner of EIF and Honka.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Playoff Semi Final 2047

Spoiler

h3TnjaC.png

Well, we very nearly fucked that up, but Ben Osborn channeled his inner Dave Watts to drag us into the final. 

Will readily admit that I shat it both when they made it 2-2 and when they scored in injury time, but we just managed to get the job done. We'll need to play better than that if we're to have a chance against the Premier League side.

P3WJRvK.png

Playoff Final 2047 - First Leg

Spoiler

3L6Etn1.png

They scored, nothing else happened in the whole game.  We were pretty pish, they weren't much better.

1-0 with the second leg at home isn't a terrible result though, and we have to play better than we did here. Lahti are there for the taking.

Playoff Final 2047 - Second Leg

Spoiler

C9xlNQT.png

Won it at a canter in the end. Missed a penalty and numerous chances as well

They were just as pish as the first leg, and we were a bit better than it, so we just completely dominated it. They had a disallowed goal, but I think that may have been the only time they actually got the ball into my box.

LLQJCpW.png

We're going up. That was all I was interested in from this season, so pleased that the job is done.

iZPc4Ie.png

Well, that's good. Should help in building a decent squad for next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Transfer Window 2048

PREOd4E.png

jl8G5Q7.png

The outgoings. The guys retiring were on trial so no idea why they're counted here, but oh well. No losses really.

X7jUtmM.png

And the incoming players. Mostly Finnish players as the match squad needs a minimum of 9 guys trained in Finland. Will be looking for some more shortly as I'm seriously lacking in depth, but will see how that goes.

Joshua Carroll is the first one up, centre half who should improve the team somewhat. Him and Thor will be my starting back 2, and hopefully they'll be up to the job.

Spoiler

phJcd4h.png

Jonas Ruuth is a striker, but he'll be playing right wing for me. He's been playing in the Finnish top flight his whole career, so should do me well and bring some experience to the team.  He's quick and can dribble and finish, so that's nice.

Spoiler

8XWsdPv.png

Timo Ruuskanen is a centre midfielder, and is here to sit on my bench. Signed entirely because he's Finnish. He's got a bit of potential as well.

Spoiler

uVcGicN.png

Tuomas Haapassari is another of the "because he's Finnish" brigade. He can play anywhere in defence, which is good, and could be alright. 

Spoiler

aYH7hC1.png

Mobin Bagheri is meant to be my goalkeeper, he's not great but he's Finnish and he's not complete garbage so that's ok. I'd agreed to sign him before I knew I was going up. I'd probably have looked for someone better if I hadn't agreed this, but f**k it.

Spoiler

fyn2K2W.png

Cup group stage 2048

KHWln7K.png

Mixed, I would say. Great start, then a couple of really poor performances (in particular a nonsense 6 minutes against HIFK) and a really strong finish.

Osborn has been outstanding. He's becoming the new Dave Watts.

zfDdoMj.png

Through to the next round, which is the main thing.

0DdpXXf.png

• 1 month later...

April 2048

EexYV4F.png

Right, been a bit of a break since the last update, but here we go. Start of the league campaign has been decent enough, loss to FC Inter the main drawback. Beating reigning champions HJK was great as well.

Out the cup as well, which is a bummer, but not overly disappointed really.

6tetmhV.png

Firmly midtable after the first month, which is fine. I'd take that at the end of the season. 

May 2048

K6yN7b9.png

A good second month of the season, we're now 5 unbeaten. It's all going better than expected - we're maybe not quite consistent enough to mount a credible title challenge, but it's going well.

F6mHvHx.png

Lots of teams taking points off each other, and we could (and maybe should) be clear at the top. But we're not, so we'll see how it goes.

June 2048

h7zbQDh.png

Another unbeaten month, but another few needlessly dropped points.

The only wins we had were against dross at the bottom of the league, which is a shame. But we're still up near the top, so that's good.

VuxB2dq.png

4 points off top, we're still doing well though. 

I've just realised that I'm almost half way through the season.