Conquering Britain & Ireland

October 2020

J0K2N3E.png

Decent enough month, despite the Ards game - 3-0 down at half time, brought it back to 3-2 and then got punished pushing for an equaliser. Newington was also poor, they're a bit of a shambles of a team.

qWCfkaO.png

Firmly midtable, closer to the top than the bottom which is something I suppose.

I also brought in Michael Carvill, a guy who's spent the vast majority of his career in the top flight (winning it 4 times) and my assistant reckons is our best player now. I think we're finally reaching the part of the season when the decent players who haven't been signed yet lower their standards and accept playing for shite like me. Hopefully pick up a few more.

Spoiler

FYZmKwq.png

November 2020

ycGJbkA.png

Another decent enough month. We only lost to Institute through a last minute goal when we were down to 10 men - we've had someone sent off in more than a quarter of our games this season, which is slightly concerning... Ballinamallard are near the top of the league, so that was a great result.

W5RuQgC.png

5 games till the split and we're looking ok at the minute for top half, hopefully keep that up.

Good to see my man Timmy Browne popping up with a goal every month.

As for the Rory Patterson thing, I'm glad you posted it. I signed Scott Fox in June as my back up keeper on my Saints save. £800/pw and a signing on fee of £2k.

Exactly a week after signing he retired :lol:

December 2020 & January 2021

XPZ2Zzm.png

Almost completely fucked it, but managed to save ourselves against Carrick and Ballyclare. Also through in the Irish Cup, which is great. We're playing Institute in the next round, who we've already lost to twice. Can't wait.

3n68nmd.png

We're in the top half, which is progress, but we've no chance of getting anywhere near the playoff or promotion spots, so can't wait for the next few months.

SuU2jqq.png

Airbus are having a dreadful season, thought I'd give it a try but another knock back.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good to see my man Timmy Browne popping up with a goal every month.

As for the Rory Patterson thing, I'm glad you posted it. I signed Scott Fox in June as my back up keeper on my Saints save. £800/pw and a signing on fee of £2k.

Exactly a week after signing he retired :lol:

Honestly couldn't believe it - guy was meant to be my main striker this season! Glad it isn't only me though. 

February 2020

hzxL6a2.png

Ahahaha we're fucking pish. 2 points, and we didn't deserve those at all. Decided I'm leaving at the end of the season regardless, f**k these bunch of jokers.

8XEsba9.png

We're going to finish 5th or 6th. How exciting.

r3RJz36.png

Another month, another knock back.  Fucking welsh lower league mobs saying no now.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

March & April 2020

V3WkrmV.png

Better than last month, we were pretty competitive in the games we lost, our draw with Ards ensured that they couldn't win the title and then we beat Institute to ruin their title celebrations - which is honestly better than actually achieving something myself. Still, it was nice to win my last game, as I've already decided I'm away.

5UBf3qR.png

Finishing 6th, but with less points than 3 of the teams in the bottom half. Still, top half was decent enough but it's pretty obvious that we're miles off the actually good teams in this league.

ICVJktp.png

And because of that, and that there's hardly any players available to improve, I'm off. 

AOKdSRu.png

So, I'm off to Wales, specifically the 2nd tier of Welsh football with Caerau Ely, from Cardiff. They finished 9th last season, but there were 10 points between them and 1st and  8 between them and 10th, so I'm hopeful that with some small improvements I can guide them to glory. Winning something, even something shite like the 2nd tier of Welsh football, would certainly help in terms of getting an actually good job in future, so that's got to be the aim. 

I had been interviewed for the Connah's Quay Nomads job, which is probably the best job in Welsh football that I could aim for, but alas they went with someone else.

NgJCJHQ.png

Meet the Squad

2OSwoke.png

Spruce is pretty good, Spencer is also decent enough and then we have almost nothing else. Could do with some upgrades here.

xfGKuVX.png

Really not very good. Centre midfield is just about acceptable, although could absolutely do with improvement there. Both wings are complete horseshit, and I really need new players there.

mLAhEJn.png

Other than left back, this is probably the best area of my team. Need a new left back, and just some more depth but pretty ok overall.

vVjDMLR.png

Same story as elsewhere really, Delve is probably  ok if I can't get anyone, but I'd rather sign someone better.

3 stars appears to be "good player for most JD Cymru South sides" and anything above that just says "Currently operating at JD Cymru South Level" and I've no fucking idea what that means.

Everyone is on a non-contract basis, so I may lose players but hopefully make it easier to bring some on. If I have my way, there will be a lot of players coming in. 

Transfer Window

Well, I wanted to improve a lot of areas of the squad, so I brought in a total of 51 players on trial over the summer. Unfortunately, few of them proved worth looking at. We'll start with the outgoings.

4Z3vIAc.png

My second best centre midfielder left which I wasn't that annoyed about at the time, seeing as I had planned to replace him with better anyway.

4uIMtWB.png

It didn't quite work out like that. A left back, a striker and 2 shite youngsters that my assistant signed, with the rest of the players we looked at being absolute dross. 

First up, we at least managed to fill the problem left back area with David Hutchinson, a regen who's spent two seasons with Haverfordwest in the same division as we're in. He's basically fine.

Spoiler

iEYW1wh.png

Our other signing was Charlie Caton, a striker who looks pretty decent for the (admittedly shite) level that we're at. Finishing, off the ball movement and pace are alright, so hopefully he'll be able to grab some goals.

Spoiler

dupa7NX.png

Not going to bother showing the youngsters as I won't be playing either of them any time soon/ever.

Not at all what I was hoping for. I did have a right midfielder I wanted to sign on trial but he asked me for £350 appearance fee, and the max I can offer is £65 so that was a no go. Dean Ebbe (formerly of Inverness) asked me for the same to be my 4th choice striker, and was told to bolt.

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I've got a pretty good strike force (and not a lot else) so hopefully that'll see me through. I think, to be fair, the existing squad was good enough to do alright at this level, but I was really hoping to improve it a bit more.

August 2021

RNqwTan.png

Knocked out of the League Cup which I don't care about, and other than that it's been plain sailing.

Caton has done well since coming in as well. 4 games, 4 goals. No bad. Hutchinson is injured though., which isn't great.

LU2qs9e.png

Early days, but top of the league.

September 2021

qQtzXWn.png

Well, we're still unbeaten but we should have won more of those games. The Cwmbran Celtic game was ok as we were 2 down before bringing it back, but Undy in particular are terrible and should have been an easy victory.

The standard of this league in general is awful. There's been a few times that a centre half has completely missed a header for a striker to wander towards goal and smack the ball at the corner flag. Terrible.

bmoahr3.png

Couple of draws has seen us drop to 3rd, but still well in the race.

October 2021

yDYGOgi.png

Well, we're still unbeaten in the league, and  we absolutely demolished a fairly decent side in Cambrian & Clydach, but these draws are going to absolutely f**k us. 

Through in the cup as well, which is nice. We play some shite from a division below.

KIsmK1J.png

As I said, these draws are going to do us over. Still in 3rd, and 4 points behind. The fact that we drew against Undy, and it's one of only 3 points they've got so far is really annoying me.

November 2021

d4ebyhk.png

Decent month, took the lead twice against Llanelli but were pegged back within 5 minutes both times. Still, the win against Haverfordwest means that we've now comfortably beaten all of the 3 teams around us in the league, which should stand us in good stead. Half way through the season now, and we've still not lost.

Also still in the Welsh Cup, and the big teams have joined now. We avoided any of them, and face a midtable side from the northern division at our level. 

siDalhg.png

Managed to make up a point on Llantwit Major that month, taking us within 3 points. Best goal difference in the division as well. 

December 2020

R56GoS9.png

Quiet month, but can't complain with any of that.  We didn't play very well in any of those games, but 3 wins is ideal. We're now at 11 clean sheets in 17 league games as well. 

Draw for the next round of the cup still to be made, but we've now surpassed the board's expectation.

UHE2bWW.png

Seems weird that we're behind a team we beat 7-0 but here we go. If we win our game in hand, we'll go top.

January 2022

zvPNsrP.png

Another month, another clean sweep. We almost fucked it completely in the Cwmbran game, went from 3-0 up at half time to 3-3 but rescued it with a late goal. The other 2 league games were very comfortable affairs.

Also still in the cup, heading to the quarters now. 

x4v26ww.png

Really frustrating that, despite having not lost all season and having won every game for two months, I'm still only ahead on goal difference. We have Cambrian & Clydach next month, so that's a huge game.

We also picked up central midfielder Aneurin Livermore, who looks pretty good for this level and certainly miles ahead of what we had previously. 

Spoiler

OH8YEBb.png