Conquering Britain & Ireland

League Cup 2045

One more signing for the season ahead - Norwegian striker Rasmus Hoel joins. Realised that I looked pretty short of cover up front, so brought him in - although he'll be first choice. Quick, decent touch and dribbling. Could be better at finishing, but should have enough to get some goals.

Spoiler

kVdqx7t.png

Dd8BBjZ.png

We absolutely chucked it against Fram - 2-0 up and we turned off, so that was a disappointment. Good results against Breidablik and iBV and then a couple of draws to round it off. I can't believe we didn't beat Vikingur, but these things happen.

xASKayD.png

That sends us into the next round for the first time. We'll be playing Stjarnan in the semi final...

Spoiler

MbPZZUo.png

Well, we got through which is the main thing, but we absolutely chucked that and shouldn't have needed the shootout. 

Still, into the final we go...

OX4puKW.png

Oh great, last season's treble winners. Will be a good barometer of where we are I guess.

League Cup Final - 2045

Spoiler

Dcj2PjB.png

That'll do very nicely.

Fell behind but after that we played well, and were pretty dominant. Beating KR is ideal as well, should augur well for the season ahead.

First bit of major silverware ever for Magni, which is good, and first bit of any silverware since the Icelandic Third Division in 2015...

RPHaOC1.png

May 2045

69ulsoz.png

Pretty good start to the season. The two games we didn't win involved a last minute equaliser for Valur, and playing with 10 men for 85 minutes against Grotta, so I'm pleased with how everything's going. 

That cup game was the most one sided I've had on FM in a long, long time. 69% possession, and 38 shots (19 on target) compared with 2 for them, 1 on target.

7CKGE0Q.png

Top as it stands by 2 points, and will remain top by at least 1 point when everyone has played their game in hand. 

Big month ahead with KR, Stjarnan and Vikingur all to play...

June 2045

Z61htGb.png

Another great month - cup exit aside. We won the 3 games against last season's other top 4 sides, and came back from 2 down to draw with Breidablik so keeps us in a strong position.

The Cup game we were an absolute shambles in, so they'll be no treble this season.

OurRzO3.png

Lead at the top now 5 points, almost at the half way point of the season.

DVI4rMa.png

A Moldovan mob. Would think they'll be just a crap a team as we are, so there's a chance there.

We have Partizan Belgrade if we manage to get through this.

July 2045

Fixtures.png

A weird month - we were excellent in Europe, but pretty shite in the league for the most part. A couple of terrible performances to start, and we scraped by in the other two league games as well.

Moldovan side were garbage, as expected, and Partizan were poor as well. I assume that's a properly embarassing result for them.

League-Table.png

Lead at the top cut down to 1 point in a poor month domestically, but still having a lead is the main thing.

Euro.png

AEK Athens. They should be too good, but I thought that about Partizan.

August 2045

Fixtures.png

AEK was a really weird tie. We scored 4 in the first half of the first leg, and then were comprehensively outplayed for the rest of the tie. They never took their chances though, so through we went.

Malmo though :lol: Won 9-8 on penalties, and we're into the fucking group stages. Unbelievable.

League games went pretty well - KR ended up with 9 men, which was nice of them - and then we absolutely fucked it against Grindavik.

Grindavik.png

Fucking furious. 

League-Tab-e.png

3 points clear at the top now, with 5 games left. Should be 6 clear, but there you go.

September 2045

I've got one game to go, but...

Fixtures.png

League games going well, other than a terrible result at KA, and we drew our european game, but it means that going into the final game, the top of the table looks like this.

Top-of-the-Table.png

We face 3rd placed Fylkir, while KR play bottom of the table HK.

A point will be enough, assuming they don't win by 8...

Matchday 22, 2045

Spoiler

Final-Game.png

Job done. Took us a while to get the winner, but we were never in any danger of losing the game. KR won 5-1 in the end, so the draw would have done it, but getting the win to be sure was good.

Celebrations.png

Winners.png

Ideal. I've been genuinely pleased about the other titles, this time I'm just relieved. 5/6 months between seasons in Iceland is an absolute slog.

Means the final table is...

League-Table.png

Resignation.png

Step One of the Scandinavian tour complete

Meet the Team - Odd

4 stars is leading player for most Premier League sides, 3 is good player for same.

YEgI3IO.png

Good options up front - Persson is the top scorer in the division so far with 13 in 23 games, so should be good here.

Ev7uQ37.png

My left winger is pretty good, but we're not great here.

VAQDibS.png

Good first choice midfield, but absolutely no strength in depth.

dbwZ6oQ.png

Same problem as midfield really, we have fairly good first choice and then no depth whatsoever.

5nHBGpK.png

One of the weaker areas of my team, but should be fine for the time being.

Anyway, this is how the league and european group look on my arrival...

aX88HIl.png QsxPGLG.png

A trip to old side Brentford is the highlight of my european tour, but we've beaten Ferencvaros and lost to Lokomotiv so far.

Kind of underperforming in the league given the team we have, although if they weren't then the job wouldn't have come up... Hopefully can go shooting up the league/

October 2045

3Jqnygw.png

New manager bounce is going well. Admittedly, there was absolutely no chance of us beating Brentford, and Valerenga and Rosenborg are 1st and 2nd in the league, but still.

Beating Songdal to round off the month was nice though, hopefully a sign of things to come.

7JLlLSP.png

3 games left, we can't go down so I suppose getting as high up the table as we can is the only aim.

nJkffD7.png

We need to beat Lokomotiv and Ferenncvaros to go through - and hope that Brentford beat Lokomotiv too.

November 2045

nKaNU1M.png

Better month this time - thrashed by Brentford, unsurprisingly, and a poor result at Sarpsborg, but the rest went pretty well. 

QRz9jk0.png

Season finished, and I've taken us from 9th to 8th. 

Need to hope for better next season.

7DTvXAY.png

One game to go, we need to beat Lokomotiv by 2 to go through.

VxtrBL9.png

Club Brugge in the first knockout round of the Euro Cup 2, and it went very well. Comfortable in the first leg, and then an absolute screamer saw us through in the second. In all honesty, they never really threatened us, so the tie was won 17 minutes into the first leg.

USaxQp3.png

That's a step up in quality though - I would hazard a guess that we'll no be winning that one.

Transfer Window 2046

v9Az7Cn.png

Start with the released lot - don't think any of these guys made an appearance for me, so no loss whatsoever.

XTbISTd.png

Johannesson was my 4th choice centre midfielder and wanted to go, so bye to him. Kleivan was a dross youth, so thought I'd be as well getting something, and I'd have kept Lund but I needed to sell someone quickly to fund a new right back and he drew the short straw.

Jofre and Stiller both kicked up a fuss about wanting to leave, and I got relatively decent deals for them so I'm ok with them going.

PwoSS8H.png

Quite a few guys joining. Bjordal is a youth player that my assistant signed, and I will be giving him a grand total of zero minutes for the first team, so won't bother showing him.

I'll start with Steffen Waage. Central midfielder, he was intended to be competing with Jofre for a starting place, but will now be firmly part of my first choice team. He's pretty decent, not amazing but should do the job I need of him.

Spoiler

UziMFNU.png

Chris Coyle was my goalkeeper at Livingston, but had been second choice for them since I left (14 appearances in 6 and a half seasons). He's better than what I had, and will be good  enough for the league we're in.

Spoiler

bSG0q5U.png

Jakob Brandt comes in to play at right wing. Excellent dribbler and pacey - his end product looks a bit ropey, but hopefully he can get himself into the right position often enough that he'll be involved in a decent amount of goals.

Spoiler

1u4020s.png

Torbjorn Bruun-Hanssen will be my main attacking midfielder this season, and looks excellent. That's all I really have to say, he just looks excellent.

Spoiler

IvilqyN.png

Johan Andersson is the right back I sold a pretty good player to buy, so I really hope he turns out to be worth it. At 19, he's already comfortably good enough for the division so should develop into a cracking player. I want to work on him going forward, but defensively we're set.

Spoiler

8OxBvgK.png

Paddy Coyle plays up front, but he's here to sit on a bench and be thrown on if I'm desperate for a goal. Looks ok, and has some potential so will be fine as back up. Different kind of player from my other strikers as well, so that's something.

Spoiler

ZmOCTVw.png

March 2046

uVXQo4N.png

Aggregate victory over Ajax the clear high point - we should have beaten both Haugesund and Lillestrom too.

The Lillestrom game in particular was a total nonsense. They didn't have any shots on target- Coyle came out to collect a cross, one of my centre halves ran into him and he dropped the ball into the net for their equaliser. Ludicrous.

mZtz7tQ.png

Anyway, early days, but this is how the table looks.