Conquering Britain & Ireland

Presuming the EPL has no new winners since ye started playing I thought I'd look at your options down south. Here's the ten teams who've collected the most EPL points without ever having won the Premier League: West Ham, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Bolton, Stoke, Palace, Coventry, Wimbledon and Charlton. Of the teams in the EPL (in real life) who haven't won it you still have Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth and Brighton as well.

Some half decent options in amongst that. Certainly more likely to win the league than Livingston

Matchday 38 - Season 2038/39

Spoiler

xqPNyzz.png

Nice to sign off with a win in my final game in Scottish football.

Also, means that Rangers miss out on the Champions League - an added bonus.

fQjob1y.png

Final table - the lowest winning tally for any champions of Scotland in the save, but I don't mind. 

I've gotten a bit lucky, my two seasons at Livi have coincided with Celtic's worst seasons throughout the entire save.

One game left - the Europa League 2 Final.

Europa League 2 Final - 2038/39

Probably the biggest game of the save, we're off to Frankfurt to play Killie in my final match in charge of Livingston and the Europa League 2 final.

Our route to the final looks like this...

gxUwq5w.png

Some effort to get through the group with Betis and Bursaspor, and then a couple of very tough knockout games - particularly CSKA were difficult. Shout out to Dean Grogan, who has been absolutely huge in getting us through this far.

Killie's route to the final was...

9mDqqED.png

Pretty fortunate to make the group stage at all - very nearly put out by Servette in the qualifying rounds. Their group was a  joke, and by topping it they had a round less in the knockouts, but they've done well since getting through. Glad they beat Betis, as I really didn't fancy losing to them for the third time.

Anyway, onto the game...

Spoiler

TIZNgn5.png

You absolute fucking dancer.

It was the kind of match you'd expect from two Scottish sides contesting a European final - complete and utter dross.  The goals were the only thing that happened in the entire match, and they were all travesties, to the point that they can be viewed below.  (I apologise for the fact that I'm terrible at making GIFs).

Goal 1:

Spoiler

1ddbf3aed9e6017be06582748bbc4253.gif

Goal 2:

Spoiler

cd9311d64a7d9734adf582d379786eb7.gif

Goal 3:

Spoiler

d41c6adce3db28a5c45ff8946f7591eb.gif

Dave Watts got on the pitch for the last 20 minutes, and signs off his career with a European trophy. A fitting tribute to the absolute boy 

6tWRLNB.png

wuP2nmx.png

vMny1bX.png

The squad that did it. Big shout out to Dean Grogan - probably the best player I've had in the save thus far.  Hislop and Konstantinou were probably my best players apart from him, and Ljoki has proven very useful as well.

Dave Watts final season ends with him only getting 2 goals, but that's ok - he's still the absolute boy.

xaBpKlo.png

HlRuC4x.png

Seems reasonable. 

YkAX6g3.png

My time at Livi is at an end. 4 down, 1 to go.

Currently the only jobs available in the English top flight are Tottenham and Man United, so they're obviously no goes. Will need to wait and see what comes up.

In the meantime, I've got the Nations  League finals with Turkey.

bGKscW6.png

PyGTs8A.png

408 League appearances. 219 goals. 215 league goals under my management.

For some reason, his bio has cut out his spell at Aberystwyth, but 2 Welsh Cups and a League title there as well. Titles in 4 countries, cups in 3 and a European trophy.

Good night, sweet prince.

Nations League Finals

We're playing Spain in the semi final, while England play Croatia in the other semi.

Not expecting to win, but reaching the final or even 3rd place would be nice.

Spoiler

er2j3Pn.png

Ah f**k. Done in completely by the early red, and we never had any chance after that. 

Pd1GvSh.png

The other semi final ended like this - so we'll be playing Croatia in the 3rd place play off.

Spoiler

qvZ7Kmk.png

Hooray, 3rd place! 

We played pretty well, but needed extra time to actually get the goal. We hit the post a couple of times as well, and Croatia never looked like scoring, but the fact we couldn't get the goal made it very nervy.

9okzEnG.png

Spain won the thing in the end.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

My heads now gone, as I just counted and Celtic lost more games in one season for you (9), than they have in my last 4 combined (8). Even if you add it 5th it only takes their tally up to 10 :lol: