Conquering Britain & Ireland

Transfer Window & League Cup Group 2038/39

c0euR5y.png

Rtl9pmv.png

Released dross and some outgoings, mostly young loanees.

YLsR3u4.png

Struggled to find players of the required standard, and the ones I did find kept getting offered about 20k more than I can pay in wages. Bit of a pisser.

In any case, Scott Hislop comes in to be my first choice striker. He looks pretty good, excellent finisher and a fairly good technique and pace. 

Spoiler

EpKmOT8.png

Andy Byrne is another one I've signed on a free after leaving Rangers, and is here to be one of my main central midfielders. Very good defensive minded midfielder, by the looks of it.

Spoiler

eTqFfvp.png

Mitchell Kloos is here to provide depth and cover on the wings. Won't be first choice, but will provide an option off the bench. Looks fine for that role.

Spoiler

J9osno6.png

Conrad Fuller will be an option at the back, not sure if he's going to be first choice or on the bench, but he'll definitely be one or the other.

Spoiler

ZIqD9PK.png

I might try to try more players, but would be surprised if I can find them.

For some reason, we got drawn to play in the League Cup despite being in european competition.

RJ6K5cp.png

Pr0dEvZ.png

Easy stuff though. Play Hearts in the next round.

86lVuAM.png

Should be able to beat either of them, and get into the group stages of the Europa League 2 for the first time in the save.

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Transfer Window & League Cup Group 2038/39

c0euR5y.png

Rtl9pmv.png

Released dross and some outgoings, mostly young loanees.

YLsR3u4.png

Struggled to find players of the required standard, and the ones I did find kept getting offered about 20k more than I can pay in wages. Bit of a pisser.

In any case, Scott Hislop comes in to be my first choice striker. He looks pretty good, excellent finisher and a fairly good technique and pace. 

Hide contents

EpKmOT8.png

Andy Byrne is another one I've signed on a free after leaving Rangers, and is here to be one of my main central midfielders. Very good defensive minded midfielder, by the looks of it.

Hide contents

eTqFfvp.png

Mitchell Kloos is here to provide depth and cover on the wings. Won't be first choice, but will provide an option off the bench. Looks fine for that role.

Hide contents

J9osno6.png

Conrad Fuller will be an option at the back, not sure if he's going to be first choice or on the bench, but he'll definitely be one or the other.

Hide contents

ZIqD9PK.png

I might try to try more players, but would be surprised if I can find them.

For some reason, we got drawn to play in the League Cup despite being in european competition.

RJ6K5cp.png

Pr0dEvZ.png

Easy stuff though. Play Hearts in the next round.

86lVuAM.png

Should be able to beat either of them, and get into the group stages of the Europa League 2 for the first time in the save.

I believe you are still in the league cup as there wouldn’t be enough teams to fill the group stages. Will only be the top 4/ top 3 and Scottish cup winners that don’t play in it.0

16 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I believe you are still in the league cup as there wouldn’t be enough teams to fill the group stages. Will only be the top 4/ top 3 and Scottish cup winners that don’t play in it.0

That seems to be it - Killie are in the same european competition as us, and played in the League Cup too.

Couple more bits of business before the window SLAMMED shut.

2os5VDJ.png

Guy I got on a free last season. Not a bad profit. I didn't want to sell, but the board intervened.

I also brought in a right winger on loan from Tottenham, had been trying to get him for a while. He looks outrageously good.

Spoiler

Hu6sbai.png

August 2038/39

qvtFCVw.png

Ridiculous start to the season. Wins over Celtic and Killie were great, and we made it into the groups in the Europa League 2 very comfortably.

Keith Murphy has had an incredible start to the season as well, including the League Cup, he's on 11 goals and 2 assists in 11 games...

In the League Cup as well, playing Raith in the next round.

eOBugQx.png

Great start, but can't read anything into it yet.

0oqbdPL.png

Pretty tough group, Betis and Bursaspor will be good, and hopefully Haifa will be absolute shite and the whipping boys.

I also saw Killie's group...

8Qzia0n.png

Absolute joke. 

OAxIw0u.png

WKzeA25.png

Hooray.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

September 2038/39

U01z2JP.png

Mixed month - excellent results in Europe and through in the Cup, but our league form has stuttered somewhat. Played really poorly against Aberdeen in particular.

uw7Rmtz.png

Still going fairly well, but it's still early days. 

6nxU1Af.png

Excellent start. Bursaspor drawing with Betis is a bit annoying, was hoping Betis would just beat everyone and that'd be that, but means I may need to get something against them or beat Bursa away - which will be tricky.

Turkey

QzID9iz.png

f**k me we were shite against France. Like really, really bad. They're an exceptionally good team, but still. 

We did well against Poland though, and hopefully can stay in the top nations league division.

iDLYiZs.png

October 2038/39

7jGoScc.png

Absolutely loved a late winner this month.  Hamilton game we never turned up, and then we were fine, but nothing special, before our goals in the other 3. I'll take the 9 points though.

Disappointing loss against Betis, but still everything to play for on that front. Into the League Cup Final as well.

x5VffnT.png

xQRDnE3.png

First round of games done, and it's gone really well. 3 points off top, having beaten Celtic and Rangers.

YfcY7qj.png

Again, going well.  We've Betis and Bursaspor next month, so need a result in at least one of those. 

Turkey

0HywqEk.png

That Belgium game was weird - they scored straight from kick off, and then seemed to forget how to play football. Absolutely tore them to pieces.

Turns out that Poland aren't particularly good. Glad I went for Turkey.

CYtyvpB.png

20 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

October 2038/39

7jGoScc.png

Absolutely loved a late winner this month.  Hamilton game we never turned up, and then we were fine, but nothing special, before our goals in the other 3. I'll take the 9 points though.

Disappointing loss against Betis, but still everything to play for on that front. Into the League Cup Final as well.

x5VffnT.png

xQRDnE3.png

First round of games done, and it's gone really well. 3 points off top, having beaten Celtic and Rangers.

YfcY7qj.png

Again, going well.  We've Betis and Bursaspor next month, so need a result in at least one of those. 

Turkey

0HywqEk.png

That Belgium game was weird - they scored straight from kick off, and then seemed to forget how to play football. Absolutely tore them to pieces.

Turns out that Poland aren't particularly good. Glad I went for Turkey.

CYtyvpB.png

Happy to help. I quite like watching turkish football 

November 2038/39

wR9bv6l.png

Very good month. Loss to Betis was disappointing, but they were very good.

The rest of the month was a canter - win against Bursaspor means that we only need a win against Haifa in the last game to go through.

kYB0OMb.png

Top of the league. All going brilliantly so far.

t2JJe23.png

As I said, just a win at home against Haifa and we're going through to the next round. We can't top the group, but I'm ok with that.

F2LEJB6.png

Turkey

oABl3Fd.png

Big draw against France, and then a very comfortable win against Belgium - really surprised at how poor they've been against us, but they got 2 draws against France, which was lovely.

pdVqvUd.png

nVj4itM.png

Glorious, off to the final tournament. We'll be joined by England, Spain and Croatia.

League Cup Final - 2038/39

First cup final in Scotland, and we're facing Rangers. Livingston haven't won any major trophies during the save, whereas, despite hilariously still "going for 55", Rangers have won a fair few cups. Would be lovely to win here, and we beat them in our meeting so far this season. They're heavy favourites though.

Spoiler

ku9BriU.png

Ah shit. We were outplayed, so fair enough really, but that's annoying.

Oh well, still plenty tom play for this season. 

16 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

League Cup Final - 2038/39

First cup final in Scotland, and we're facing Rangers. Livingston haven't won any major trophies during the save, whereas, despite hilariously still "going for 55", Rangers have won a fair few cups. Would be lovely to win here, and we beat them in our meeting so far this season. They're heavy favourites though.

Reveal hidden contents

ku9BriU.png

Ah shit. We were outplayed, so fair enough really, but that's annoying.

Oh well, still plenty tom play for this season. 

Paul McStay in the Rangers midfield, eh?