The Partick Thistle Relegation Thread

5 hours ago, thru thin and thin said:

Gloat, as all football fans do!

But many of your clubs will never kick a ball in earnest again! The sword of COVID - 19 will ravage through the corrupt and financially bust football clubs before any new season kicks off!

The Jags fans will happily piss on all of your clubs graves, as you disappear one by one!

justice will be done 👺

Half of your posts are terrible.

If Partick fans will be boycotting clubs who voted in their own interests and/or wish them to die, presumably they'll be boycotting Firhill and/or hoping Partick Thistle die.

Funny how this debacle and general bad management reflects well on another naive twat in Gary Caldwell (who at least had a slightly better record than McCall)  Anyone wish to argue or would that be an accurate assessment of things ?

6 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

f**k off. 

That is a h*n like statement if ever I saw one. Reign it in, you're embarrsing yourself.

Be raging that we appear to be the club most shafted by current events, aye. But don't kid anyone on that we (Thistle) wouldnt be voting tactically if we were sitting in 9th.

As for pissing on club's graves....again, f**k off. The most important thing is Scottish football comes out of this with 42 clubs and as many Highland/Lowland teams as possible. Any club folding would be a tragedy for Scottish football. Anyone who actively wants clubs to fold because we got left with the shit end of the stick here needs to f**k off and never darken the door of any football club ever again.

P.S. just for absolute clarity....f**k off.

Well said Jacky

Some of the absolute heads gone from some of our fans is embarrassing.

Other clubs like Ayr, Morton, etc are well within their rights to be taking the piss, especially Ayr after the whole McCall thing. I was pissing myself when Falkirk got relegated last year,and when bigger teams get relegated from the Premiership. Now it's our turn to be a bigger team getting relegated. Take the jokes and the banter as just that and get on with it. These angry comments hoping for teams to die and boycotting away games is top minter behaviour.

We are in this position through no ones fault but our own. We had possibly the 3rd biggest budget in the league and somehow find ourself bottom of a league including 2 part time teams and awful Morton and QotS teams. We shoudnt have been in this position to start with.

Edited by Jacky1990

12 hours ago, thru thin and thin said:

Gloat, as all football fans do!

But many of your clubs will never kick a ball in earnest again! The sword of COVID - 19 will ravage through the corrupt and financially bust football clubs before any new season kicks off!

The Jags fans will happily piss on all of your clubs graves, as you disappear one by one!

justice will be done 👺

You taking the news well?

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Some of the absolute heads gone from some of our fans is embarrassing.

Other clubs like Ayr, Morton, etc are well within their rights to be taking the piss, especially Ayr after the whole McCall thing. I was pissing myself when Falkirk got relegated last year,and when bigger teams get relegated from the Premiership. Now it's our turn to be a bigger team getting relegated. Take the jokes and the banter as just that and get on with it. These angry comments hoping for teams to die and boycotting away games is top minter behaviour.

We are in this position through no ones fault but our own. We had possibly the 3rd biggest budget in the league and somehow find ourself bottom of a league including 2 part time teams and awful Morton and QotS teams. We shoudnt have been in this position to start with.

Pieandbovril isnae gonnae shag u m8

On 09/05/2020 at 00:12, Hammer Jag said:

I love it when VT has one of his autistic outbursts against us. It usually ends well.

2005/06 - Mocked us for finishing about 20 points behind them in the old Second Division. Morton finished 2nd, we finished 4th and still went up.

2009 - Mocked us for signing Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine from the juniors. Both players would go on to enjoy more top-flight football than Morton could ever dream of.

2012/13 - 8 points behind Morton, we lost our manager, failed to beat Morton in 3 league attempts. How did that wiork out?

2019/20?

Mind that time?

On 14/04/2020 at 17:18, Hammer Jag said:

Had a wry smile when I saw all the diddies creaming their pants on our thread last night. People really should know better by now.

VigilantAngelicDutchshepherddog-max-1mb.

12 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Pieandbovril isnae gonnae shag u m8

What you on about?

What bit do you disagree with? 

Am I to become a seething mess because we are getting relegated, despite being deservedly bottom of the league? Of course it's a shit situation and we are getting the shitest end of it, but there doesnt seem to me to be any viable alternative. 

Not going to apologise for being able to think of the bigger picture rather than just a Thistle perspective. Would you rather i got my pitchfork out and went on an angry rampage towards hampden?

Edited by Jacky1990

Tbf to Hammer Jag, his words seem to carry weight.

Ever since that fateful day he declared he'd "rather see Partick lose than play like St Johnstone", Partick have plummeted down the divisions and now find themselves in tier 3, while St Johnstone record yet another top half finish.q

Just take it back m8, and itll all go away.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ever since that fateful day he declared he'd "rather see Partick lose than play like St Johnstone", Partick have plummeted down the divisions and now find themselves in tier 3, while St Johnstone record yet another top half finish.q

😂

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you saying that for his benefit or for yours to get him out your head?

Hammerjag has instantaneous angry outbursts almost every day, you really shouldn't take them to heart. if you think what he said about your team is bad you should hear what he says about mine.

17 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I love when you say literally anything about Partick Thistle and their default response is about winning a league, 8 years ago, that they’ve just been relegated from. It’s really weird actually. 

The seaside leagues are fun for a season, anything more than that sounds like hell on earth though. Hopefully at least one of the “big two” is forced to suffer it for a while.

112D5D27-1B40-4C3D-8F7C-788E9DEE64BA.thumb.jpeg.7d8d726f4a9400a82a9c67555b2f6247.jpeg

14 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Funny how this debacle and general bad management reflects well on another naive twat in Gary Caldwell (who at least had a slightly better record than McCall)  Anyone wish to argue or would that be an accurate assessment of things ?

Well since judging things by points average is all in vogue now, let’s look at it from that perspective.

Points per game this season under Gary Caldwell: 0.4 (2 points from 5 league games)

Points per game this season under Ian McCall: 1.14 (24 points from 21 league games)

Points per game required to avoid relegation: >1

So I think the answer is “no that would not be an accurate assessment of things”.

McCall’s tenure hasn’t been good but it has been, against the literal borked criteria on which our league has been called, better than: Caldwell’s, Queen of the South’s and Alloa’s.

If you’re going to talk about rot, he stopped it but after the damage was done by Caldwell (and for one game by Gerry Britton).

Edited by Ad Lib

On 09/05/2020 at 00:34, Ad Lib said:

How many years will it have been now since Morton or Ayr were last in the top flight? 33 and 43 years each respectively?

Assuming those Clubs survive this crisis I think they’ll both still be waiting quite a while longer before they’re back playing top tier Scottish football.

They’ll be playing Thistle in the league again long before they find themselves playing, say, Aberdeen, put it that way.

Good God Man.  Surely you're better than this.  

What you're saying is quite possibly accurate, but saying it doesn't make the relegation of a biggish club, in circumstances like these, any less funny.  Quite the reverse in fact.