The Partick Thistle Relegation Thread

10 hours ago, virginton said:

A particularly intiguing anecdote of yours, given the readily verifiable fact that the forum's premium box office poster™ didn't actually set up shop here until the summer of 2007.

Dunno who you have in mind there, but it's quite the coincidence that you first slithered onto the scene that very same year. Don't know if you'd noticed that? 

Gloat, as all football fans do!

But many of your clubs will never kick a ball in earnest again! The sword of COVID - 19 will ravage through the corrupt and financially bust football clubs before any new season kicks off!

The Jags fans will happily piss on all of your clubs graves, as you disappear one by one!

justice will be done 👺

18 minutes ago, thru thin and thin said:

But many of your clubs will never kick a ball in earnest again! The sword of COVID - 19 will ravage through the corrupt and financially bust football clubs before any new season kicks off!

The Jags fans will happily piss on all of your clubs graves, as you disappear one by one!

justice will be done 👺

Whilst I wouldn’t go as far as many things you’ve said I think the end outcome will be true. Can see one or two teams going bust and Thistle keeping their league place  off the back of it. With all the tension and battles going on at the minute there will also be little grace given for any team to  get back on track 

justice will be done [emoji84]

What makes you think Partick will survive themselves long enough to “piss on all of our clubs graves”?

I'd love to say League 1 is a great experience, but it's utterly awful. The overwhelming majority of teams will set up to stifle the game and hatchet men are dime-a-dozen. The quality of pitches is generally awful. The novelty of trips to Angus wears off after the first time. 

20 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd love to say League 1 is a great experience, but it's utterly awful. The overwhelming majority of teams will set up to stifle the game and hatchet men are dime-a-dozen. The quality of pitches is generally awful. The novelty of trips to Angus wears off after the first time. 

Disagree with you on the last point. The away trip to Montrose is brilliant. Forfar would be as well but for our shite record up there and it being bloody awkward to get there and come back by anything other than a car.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

What makes you think Partick will survive themselves long enough to “piss on all of our clubs graves”?

Don’t think any team will be immune to the risk of going out of business barring Celtic but a lot of gloating going on here from grown up’s (well I assume that) at a time when the whole country and economy  is in total turmoil and meltdown. Let the gloating commence when or if the season 20/21 commences and we are in the 3rd tier. There is a lot of water to go under the bridge before that happens!!

Don’t think any team will be immune to the risk of going out of business barring Celtic but a lot of gloating going on here from grown up’s (well I assume that) at a time when the whole country and economy  is in total turmoil and meltdown. Let the gloating commence when or if the season 20/21 commences and we are in the 3rd tier. There is a lot of water to go under the bridge before that happens!!

I wasn’t aware that due to the Coronavirus outbreak we were no longer allowed to laugh at other clubs.

2 hours ago, thru thin and thin said:

justice will be done 👺

Wow just wow, have Partick Thistle turned into Sevco? Some of their fans are just as unhinged. news watch GIF

14 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I love it when VT has one of his autistic outbursts against us. It usually ends well.

2005/06 - Mocked us for finishing about 20 points behind them in the old Second Division. Morton finished 2nd, we finished 4th and still went up.

2009 - Mocked us for signing Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine from the juniors. Both players would go on to enjoy more top-flight football than Morton could ever dream of.

2012/13 - 8 points behind Morton, we lost our manager, failed to beat Morton in 3 league attempts. How did that wiork out?

2019/20?

BA980AF2-AF1D-4A02-A314-FE52D43FA5B2.jpeg

Aye, whatever.  Down you go.

3 hours ago, thru thin and thin said:

justice will be done 👺

WATP ma man

Wow just wow, have Partick Thistle turned into Sevco? Some of their fans are just as unhinged. 200.gif&key=b97bdff4c535694a88db3e1760f71f0b8ec12129e98fcd9e1d63ad8c61a1f9e1

SINK US AND WE’LL SINK YOU.

Seriously, no complaints - we’ve been shite all season, and this way I can pretend we were hard done by. And this is probably slightly less embarrassing than losing to East Fife or whoever in the playoffs would have been.

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

With most of that water being in the form of your salty tears given the tone of this drivel.

10 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Absolutely loving the belief that people could only laugh at Partick for being relegated if they have some prior vandetta against them, whether that's Ayr fans because of McCall or Morton fans because of seasons 7 or 14 years ago that most of us have forgotten about.

You're getting the same pelters any other full-time club being relegated from this division gets, as fans of Falkirk, Raith, Livingston, Morton, Queen of the South and even St Mirren who stayed up in the end, can confirm. Take your medicine.

tenor-1.gif.f7f7515e9e606669b8c21b877d04ed89.gif

You're right. You're absolutely right.

I love when you say literally anything about Partick Thistle and their default response is about winning a league, 8 years ago, that they’ve just been relegated from. It’s really weird actually. 

The seaside leagues are fun for a season, anything more than that sounds like hell on earth though. Hopefully at least one of the “big two” is forced to suffer it for a while.