Heart of Midlothian 2019/20 Relegation Thread

On 09/05/2020 at 11:57, Sparticus said:

, instead they are choosing to believe that the SPFL has stuffed gorgie into a big cannon and blown it into space.

Have you been to Gorgie?! I wonder if the Iraqi supergun plans are still around as I could present this idea to Edinburgh Council...

If teams like Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith survive (and spectators are allowed into stadia) I think you'll find the number of travelling Hearts fans in attendance will be a fraction of what they were compared to our last championship season.

This is far from nonsensical. It's about survival and it's a no-brainer.

Give our cash to clubs such as those mentioned above or donate the ticket money directly to Hearts?
^^^ Unable to afford regular busfare to govan

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

There will be teams in all four divisions who'll need far more luck than us to survive. 

Maybe things would have been different if Hearts hadn't acted so selfishly.

Hearts are an embarrassing mess on and off the park.

There will be teams in all four divisions who'll need far more luck than us to survive. 
The unshakeable confidence from Hearts fans that they'll be fine is quite something. I'd actually have Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen as being hugely at risk due to the large crowds they attract being a larger part of their income than others. There's no money coming in, but their costs aren't reducing by anything like the same amount.

I think Hearts fans see their tenner a month popping out their bank accounts and going to FOH and think that's them fine. The annual amount raised through that scheme would be enough to cover Hearts outgoings for about a month.

Meanwhile the smaller clubs have wages mostly covered through the furlough scheme and a larger part of their income is via prize money. They also tend to have much shorter contracts in place for players so can basically hibernate till they can get back playing again by not signing anyone.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200510-131248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d8adb18f4d52aa938edf82831ffd9aa6.jpg

A Deefiant type civil war as Hearts fans realise some guy with giants balls has swindled them out of thousands would top this off nicely.

I dunno. I think it would be funnier if the crowdfund succeeds and the court case goes ahead - only for the SPFL's lawyers to take a few pages of screencaps of the backers on Jambo Pigback actually admitting that the primary purpose is meritless and vexatious litigation intended to waste the SPFL's time and money and the backers end up paying for the SPFL's legal fees.

21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Have you been to Gorgie?! I wonder if the Iraqi supergun plans are still around as I could present this idea to Edinburgh Council...

I have indeed had the unfortunate experience of having to frequent said area.

Its worth a bash trying the council though.

8 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

The unshakeable confidence from Hearts fans that they'll be fine is quite something. I'd actually have Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen as being hugely at risk due to the large crowds they attract being a larger part of their income than others. There's no money coming in, but their costs aren't reducing by anything like the same amount.

I think Hearts fans see their tenner a month popping out their bank accounts and going to FOH and think that's them fine. The annual amount raised through that scheme would be enough to cover Hearts outgoings for about a month.

Meanwhile the smaller clubs have wages mostly covered through the furlough scheme and a larger part of their income is via prize money. They also tend to have much shorter contracts in place for players so can basically hibernate till they can get back playing again by not signing anyone.

Ann Budge stated at the start of this that the reason she was going for pay cuts was to try and minimise future payments.I would have thought this made more sense than wage deferrals.

If,as expected, there will no fans at games until next year at least how do teams expect to pay back wages due to the players? 

Tbh I don't know which model will work best.

Furlough wont go on for much longer as they are now talking about cutting it back sooner rather than  later and cutting back to lower levels.

Scary times ahead for everyone

9 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

I have indeed had the unfortunate experience of having to frequent said area.

Its worth a bash trying the council though.

Never been to Easter Road then?

Are Hearts serious about legal action, or is it just bluster?

Surely they can see the futility of such a move? It's written into the league rules that the governing body can end the season when they see fit in certain circumstances.  Even the court of arbitration for sport would surely make short shrift of an appeal. There's also precedents from other sports of results standing where season's had to be curtailed.

What would be the grounds for an appeal, that league reconstruction which benefitted them wasn't voted through?

I think in some ways Ann Budge is probably grateful for the deflection that this pandemic has provided. The fourth biggest budget in the country yet numerous poor decisions have resulted in Hearts finishing bottom of the league when the season had to be called.  Hearts had a shocking record against bottom six sides, were on the second worst run of form (only a point better off than the worst team) and had only won 4 matches all season.

its not the way anyone wanted the season to end, but without changing the set up of the league, it's probably the fairest option available.

• Alloa Athletic
  • Arbroath
  • Ayr United 
  • Dundee
  • Dunfermline Athletic
  • Greenock Morton
  • Heart of Midlothian
  • Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  • Queen of the South
  • Raith Rovers

You don't grasp how small time the Championship is until you name all 10 teams together. 

🤣

49 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

The tenner a month crowd out of the 8000+ pledgers are putting in a tenner a month more than many couldn’t be arsed paying into HSL.

Wage deferrals are financial suicide if this goes on for many months. Maybe Ron will pony up the cash, maybe he won’t.

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Just the sorta classy statement that cost you whatever sympathy you had from other clubs. :zipit

3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

If teams like Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith survive (and spectators are allowed into stadia) I think you'll find the number of travelling Hearts fans in attendance will be a fraction of what they were compared to our last championship season.

Give our cash to clubs such as those mentioned above or donate the ticket money directly to Hearts?

Stick you maroon pound up your arse for all we care.

28 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Course i have.Its the only premier league ground in Edinburgh dont you know?

28 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Course i have.Its the only premier league ground in Edinburgh dont you know?

Thought it was in Leith

13 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Sympathy?

Good one.

Here's a quote containing the opinions of  Les Gray & Budge from the start of the reconstruction process

Budge has stated publicly she would prefer a temporary restructure, while Gray’s own board at Hamilton want permanent change.

Budgies (sic) public statements to the effect that she/Hearts wanted a temporary reconstruction sorted within a 3 week period are what stopped any chance of reconstruction. The other SPFL clubs are not minions from her old company bound to do her bidding and should have been courted rather than instructed. Even today there are still olive branches potentially available...

Clubs relegated from curtailed leagues should receive solidarity payments, says Hamilton Academical chairman Allan Maitland.

...yet Budge/Hearts are still pursuing a line veering between aggression and self-pity that is being echoed by yourself and many other Hearts posters on here - like I said most of the sympathy that might have helped your club ebbed away through Budge's arrogance.

9 minutes ago, btb said:

Here's a quote containing the opinions of  Les Gray & Budge from the start of the reconstruction process

Budgies (sic) public statements to the effect that she/Hearts wanted a temporary reconstruction sorted within a 3 week period are what stopped any chance of reconstruction. The other SPFL clubs are not minions from her old company bound to do her bidding and should have been courted rather than instructed. Even today there are still olive branches potentially available...

...yet Budge/Hearts are still pursuing a line veering between aggression and self-pity that is being echoed by yourself and many other Hearts posters on here - like I said most of the sympathy that might have helped your club ebbed away through Budge's arrogance.

Not an ounce of self-pity here chief. 

On several occasions I have stated on here that I'm more pissed off for the likes of Partick and Falkirk. You could argue that our problems were self inflicted, and who knows, we may have finished 12th anyway.

The treatment of the 2 other teams I have mentioned is scandalous (imho) and proves why our game is rightly seen as a laughing stock outside of Scotland.

Hearts will survive. Some others won't.

Can't disagree with you regarding the arrogance of Budge mind.

Edited by LincolnHearts

4 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Albert Kidd.