Right Back of the Season 19/20

Right Back of the Season 19/20  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Who the f**k voted for Lewis Kidd 

I didn't even notice Kidd was in the poll. I wasn't looking for him. Has he played a single minute at right back this season? I recall him playing there for half a game in pre-season. When Mercer was out latterly Ledger played full back and occasionally before that Darren Lyon played there. Kidd hasn't.

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

If it was Murray then I was impressed.

He looked solid. Deceptively quick and dangerous from corners. I can imagine if he is a CB he would be missed from the spine of your team.

Murray was good in the opening home game of the season too before he hurt his neck in a late bad fall and was out for months. He hasn't played enough this season to be in the hunt for a team of the year but he's a good player. Looked half decent for Raith in last year's playoffs too.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Murray was good in the opening home game of the season too before he hurt his neck in a late bad fall and was out for months. He hasn't played enough this season to be in the hunt for a team of the year but he's a good player. Looked half decent for Raith in last year's playoffs too.

Aye he was out for ages with that, I think he's a better centre back from what I've seen of him, shame he was out for so long as he seemed to have a positive effect on our defence. 

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye he was out for ages with that, I think he's a better centre back from what I've seen of him, shame he was out for so long as he seemed to have a positive effect on our defence. 

Certainly based on our two playoff games v Raith last year if you had given me the choice of any Raith player to sign I would have picked Murray ahead of Nisbett every single time. If he stays fit next year he will improve you (if we actually play next season).

13 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didn't even notice Kidd was in the poll. I wasn't looking for him. Has he played a single minute at right back this season? I recall him playing there for half a game in pre-season. When Mercer was out latterly Ledger played full back and occasionally before that Darren Lyon played there. Kidd hasn't.

I recall him playing there at some point this season, possibly from the bench. As you said, Lyon and Ledger have featured more at right back this season yet don’t make the poll. 

Is Liam Smith the same guy who was at Hearts?  He was decent for them in the Premiership I thought.  If so, I've no idea why hes slumming it down here.

Is Liam Smith the same guy who was at Hearts?  He was decent for them in the Premiership I thought.  If so, I've no idea why hes slumming it down here.

Yeah but he was never going to get in ahead of Michael Smith. He really should’ve got himself a team in the Premiership after his loan at St Mirren but Hearts wanted to keep him until the week of the window. I think we got lucky last summer that everyone had that position filled and we didn’t so he didn’t have a lot of options.

Liam Smith - I'd say he has plateaued this season. However, still a cut above.

Honourable mention to Shaun Rooney who is one of these pantomime villains you love to hate  but there is actually a footballer in there.

Seeing Shaun Rooney rated as the second best RB in the division...

2VmO.gif.aef1f1a743d04344d0ae0923c10a5527.gif

Seeing Shaun Rooney is considered only slightly better than Aaron Comrie...

183d329b70e90476d2fab8979d43a0bf.gif.61ed3e4a3144e4282018f7d2ea1fabe7.gif

Jon Robertson played a significant number of games at RB for Alloa again this season when Taggart was at CB and was invariably very good. I see Ben Stirling is on this poll and while he did play a few games for us and Arbroath (and I thought looked decent), Robertson would have played more games at RB than he did. 

I'd far rather either Taggart or Robertson at RB in my team than Shaun Rooney. His application is admirable, the play-off against United last season for example when ICT were down to 10 and in a hole and he was tearing about trying to create things. And when he gets a head of steam up going forward he is certainly hard to stop. However, he seems to have trouble stopping himself and too often makes a daft call at the end. Bit like Michael Doyle in that regard. Defensively I still see him jumping into stupid and obvious fouls too often. Clearly Tommy Wright thought there was something he could work on, but pretty strange signing IMO. 

Jon Robertson played a significant number of games at RB for Alloa again this season when Taggart was at CB and was invariably very good. I see Ben Stirling is on this poll and while he did play a few games for us and Arbroath (and I thought looked decent), Robertson would have played more games at RB than he did. 
I'd far rather either Taggart or Robertson at RB in my team than Shaun Rooney. His application is admirable, the play-off against United last season for example when ICT were down to 10 and in a hole and he was tearing about trying to create things. And when he gets a head of steam up going forward he is certainly hard to stop. However, he seems to have trouble stopping himself and too often makes a daft call at the end. Bit like Michael Doyle in that regard. Defensively I still see him jumping into stupid and obvious fouls too often. Clearly Tommy Wright thought there was something he could work on, but pretty strange signing IMO. 
Not surprised to hear that, always rated Robertson highly. Some engine on the boy.