Right Back of the Season 19/20

Right Back of the Season 19/20  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So yesterday's vote deemed that the formation for TotS will be 4-4-2 and Daniel Harvie will be joining Robbie McCrorie in said team. Now it's time for RB.

Again - apologies if I've missed a notable right back candidate or someone that's played and impressed there for part of the season. I'd like to hope I've included all the relevant candidates and as P&B has changed in that you can't edit polls once posted, I just hope that a winning candidate won't have been missed.

This is a harder one imo. Liam Smith probably is the best right back in the league and I really liked him last season. However he had an absolute shocker on his first game back at Somerset this season and looked poor anytime I watched him on the tele.

For that reason I’m going with Aaron Comrie. He’s played well in the games I’ve seen him and reading what Dunfermline fans have said he’s been a solid 7/10 every week for them.

Rooney for me. He's obviously helped by the fact that Caley Thistle always beat us but always looks fairly solid and a decent attacking option. None of these options pull the trees up for me but putting Jacobs in there is laughable. Can't fault his effort but he's atrocious at right back.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is a harder one imo. Liam Smith probably is the best right back in the league and I really liked him last season. However he had an absolute shocker on his first game back at Somerset this season and looked poor anytime I watched him on the tele.

For that reason I’m going with Aaron Comrie. He’s played well in the games I’ve seen him and reading what Dunfermline fans have said he’s been a solid 7/10 every week for them.

Yet you didn't go for him?

At the start of the season I thought I might have been praising Comrie more than what he merited purely because he came with such woeful reviews, as the season has went on though it's became apparent that he's just quite a good right back, a 7/10 most weeks with the occasional stormer. 

Seems to go under the radar a bit but good, solid players like him are preferable to say Ryan Williamson performing like Cafu one week, then a giraffe on ice for the next 5.

Would I be correct in saying Comrie played LB against QOTS in the 1 1 draw a couple of months ago.
He was decent that day. Quick, Strong and decent on the ball.

Sure it was Euan Murray. Would fit the bill to the way you described. I was half cut though and cant really remember.

2 hours ago, SueSue said:

Would I be correct in saying Comrie played LB against QOTS in the 1 1 draw a couple of months ago.

He was decent that day. Quick, Strong and decent on the ball.

Not played for us at left back this season, I'm sure we had Murray at left back and Martin at centre back, was a bone of contention for our fans at the time. 

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Not played for us at left back this season, I'm sure we had Murray at left back and Martin at centre back, was a bone of contention for our fans at the time. 

If it was Murray then I was impressed.

He looked solid. Deceptively quick and dangerous from corners. I can imagine if he is a CB he would be missed from the spine of your team.