Fan’s Involvement in Reconstruction

Neil Doncaster’s statement that “Supporters are the Fabric of our Game, without them our Game will die” is very true. How come then we are not involved or even consulted in the current reconstruction talks? Is there a way that we can have our voices heard in a meaningful way that will influence Scottish Football?

I’m not sure our individual voices will have the impact we need. I was thinking of a collective voice for all of us, where we can say together for instance “We demand a say in Reconstruction or we will withhold our season ticket money”.

Generally the fans view is we don't like 4 games against the same opposition. They don't want to hear that. If they ask fans then they are in a tough position because why ask then not act upon the findings.

The TV companies are paying for 4 old firm games.

The TV companies will always win.

7 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Neil Doncaster’s statement that “Supporters are the Fabric of our Game, without them our Game will die” is very true. How come then we are not involved or even consulted in the current reconstruction talks? Is there a way that we can have our voices heard in a meaningful way that will influence Scottish Football?

Have you read this site and the fans contributions to restructuring? I wouldn't let 95% of them near sharp objects, never mind any sort of decision making process.

20 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’m not sure our individual voices will have the impact we need. I was thinking of a collective voice for all of us, where we can say together for instance “We demand a say in Reconstruction or we will withhold our season ticket money”.

Then organise the fans

Scottish football fans could never come together. The latest vote scenario is an example of that. The SPFL made a complete and utter mess of it but because it wound up Rangers then most other fans think it was great (I also enjoy laughing at Rangers by the way). If this happened in any other country the governing body would come under a lot more pressure. Collectively we should be asking questions of them for this embarrassing scenario but we won't because we'd rather see Rangers seething even if they have a genuine point.

The players throughout the SPFL and it seems many many fans all want reconstruction. Maybe it's a case of thinking the grass is always greener on the other side, but let's face it, 12 and 10 team leagues are a bit boring with the repetitive nature of playing teams 4 times a season (and then maybe a meeting in the cups). The fact is that the SPFL is a closed shop. More promotion/relegation would let teams all find their level much quicker. Look at Berwick Rangers. Bottom part of the Lowland League. Cove Rangers strolling League 2. Who would bet against Auchinleck Talbot going right up through to League Two? 

For such a small country, Scotland has a lot of football clubs. All the more reason to allow bigger leagues and easier passage up/down the leagues/pyramid.

I'd start off with a 16 team top two leagues.

On 06/05/2020 at 11:36, DreamOakTree1 said:

God forbid. We'd have a 24 team top division, 4 down/up, Fiver to get in and no TV coverage except highlights on Sportscene at 10:30pm on a Saturday & Wednesday  in no time flat because 'that's what the fans want'.  Wage caps, summer football, limiting foreign players (for a given value of foreign) are other unworkable solutions routinely regurgitated.

It's often suggested that the ugly sisters leaving our game would result in our football leagues declining to Welsh/Irish levels but that is bollocks. It's usually trumpeted by idiot "succulent lamb journalists" but it's enthusiastically echoed by some fans. In fact catering to what "the fans" want as per above would see Scottish Football essentially part-time inside a decade.

• 2 weeks later...