What Artwork Do You Have In Your Home?

Been considering getting a wall done with a map. A couple of my favourite pubs & restaurants have a wall done. You can go through Ordnance Survey and pick a postcode for example. You just choose the size and it comes as an adhesive or wallpaper. 

theatreland-vintage-map-maps-room-825x53

guy-garvey-1.png

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Been considering getting a wall done with a map. A couple of my favourite pubs & restaurants have a wall done. You can go through Ordnance Survey and pick a postcode for example. You just choose the size and it comes as an adhesive or wallpaper. 

theatreland-vintage-map-maps-room-825x53

guy-garvey-1.png

Same here.  My Auntie and Uncles house had that in their house in South Queensferry.  One wall of their dining room was an OS map centred around the Forth Bridge and stretched up as far as Perth and nearly as far west as Glasgow.  Was a bit of an older map as well because it was pre most of the M90  existing.  Spent hours sitting looking at it.  Until they died.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Same here.  My Auntie and Uncles house had that in their house in South Queensferry.  One wall of their dining room was an OS map centred around the Forth Bridge and stretched up as far as Perth and nearly as far west as Glasgow.  Was a bit of an older map as well because it was pre most of the M90  existing.  Spent hours sitting looking at it.  Until they died.

Did you notice Guy Garvey (on sofa) is a fan though? 

There's a pub in North Berwick with one of the coastline around there and I just glaze over looking at it and seeing all the names of the various sandbanks etc. Not as pricey as I thought either. Eg there's a section of wall that's about 3mx2.5m and it would be about £300. 

2 hours ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Mathematics has been at it again.

BC2FFFF3-A6C3-4095-B3A3-6AAA46D317BF.jpeg

That's a Jobby Apocalypse the day after Indian night. 

I have a painting in the house I drew of the dinner scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. No idea why I chose that tbh. Going to draw the dinner scene from Resident Evil 7 next I think based on this picture:

7 movies that inspired Resident Evil 7 (and none of them are ...

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

That's a Jobby Apocalypse the day after Indian night. 

I have a painting in the house I drew of the dinner scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. No idea why I chose that tbh. Going to draw the dinner scene from Resident Evil 7 next I think based on this picture:

7 movies that inspired Resident Evil 7 (and none of them are ...

Tremendous 

Mrs Mathematics has been at it again.

BC2FFFF3-A6C3-4095-B3A3-6AAA46D317BF.thumb.jpeg.a2b595856bcda46368a8081a48e760da.jpeg
Does this count as art? She’s just had a replica Nightmare on Elm Street glove delivered.
E1216F6E-F48B-4348-8599-F5890DB5B204.thumb.jpeg.0e5a2c24553428c77b02e8347c6acd62.jpeg
Tell her to put her face above the artwork then she'll have the face to go with the glove :)