What Artwork Do You Have In Your Home?

Of the paintings I own these two are my favourites.

An original oils on canvas by Kimberley Harris.  I just find it very relaxing, especially in the winter months for some reason.  Kimberley Harris continues to do some amazing paintings.  Worth googling her work if any of you are interested enough.

The other painting was done by an old artist friend of mine.  She copied the cover of the Stone Roses Waterfall single.  It too is in oils.  My wife isn’t so keen on it so it has to stay on the wall in the garden room.

86AB6836-5FCD-4E8C-B889-3A0F2CEF3614.jpeg

A0A95D08-461E-44F3-A487-5DBDD16C2552.jpeg

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I have a very decent print of Jackson Pollock's Summertime. I find his work very interesting and can just look at it for ages.

bmi-2_bmwcm-2.0_fid-880605_fwcm-2.5_ihcm-40.0_iwcm-150.4_lmwcm-2.0_maxdim-1000_mc-ffffff_rmwcm-2.0_si-7636.jpg_tmwcm-2.0.jpg.048d1f69d50d1e475299f6c6a54f302d.jpg

The first time I started looking into Jackson Pollock was after hearing his Number 5 painting being referenced on The Stone Roses track Going Down.  Some amazing work.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Recently got the Moz tickets framed, Caird hall, Barrowlands, Perth Concert Hall, SECC etc. Caird Hall one from the early nineties cost £10, what a fucking bargain!

Nice one Steven.

880493361_Moztickets.thumb.jpg.60a79d6d814465636e3b35cd849c333b.jpg

Thank you.

Great idea.  Effectively creating your own art from a great artist there.  

I may do that with the tickets from all the cup finals I’ve been at to see Dundee, although I’d doubt I’d need as large a frame as that. 🤣😡  

21 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Of the paintings I own these two are my favourites.

An original oils on canvas by Kimberley Harris.  I just find it very relaxing, especially in the winter months for some reason.  Kimberley Harris continues to do some amazing paintings.  Worth googling her work if any of you are interested enough.

The other painting was done by an old artist friend of mine.  She copied the cover of the Stone Roses Waterfall single.  It too is in oils.  My wife isn’t so keen on it so it has to stay on the wall in the garden room.

86AB6836-5FCD-4E8C-B889-3A0F2CEF3614.jpeg

A0A95D08-461E-44F3-A487-5DBDD16C2552.jpeg

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I have a very decent print of Jackson Pollock's Summertime. I find his work very interesting and can just look at it for ages.

bmi-2_bmwcm-2.0_fid-880605_fwcm-2.5_ihcm-40.0_iwcm-150.4_lmwcm-2.0_maxdim-1000_mc-ffffff_rmwcm-2.0_si-7636.jpg_tmwcm-2.0.jpg.048d1f69d50d1e475299f6c6a54f302d.jpg

5 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Recently got the Moz tickets framed, Caird hall, Barrowlands, Perth Concert Hall, SECC etc. Caird Hall one from the early nineties cost £10, what a fucking bargain!

Nice one Steven.

880493361_Moztickets.thumb.jpg.60a79d6d814465636e3b35cd849c333b.jpg

Thank you.

I fear that some of you are not taking this thread seriously.

3 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I fear that some of you are not taking this thread seriously.

Would it make you feel better if I murdered a cyclist and used the blood from his corpse to paint a strawberry on the ceiling?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Would it make you feel better if I murdered a cyclist and used the blood from his corpse to paint a strawberry on the ceiling?

Given Mrs Mathematics’ views on “fuckin bikies” it would certainly make her happy.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Given Mrs Mathematics’ views on “fuckin bikies” it would certainly make her happy.

The obvious answer to this conundrum is :-

".......so that I've got somewhere to park ma bike..." copyright William Connolly Esq., circa 1975.

9 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Trigger warning: do not open if you react badly to suicide or murder.

Hide contents

Actually, I don’t know how to put a picture in the spoiler.

Who reacts well to them?

Apart from your wife.

12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Here's my home made display. Still deciding what to put in a couple of gaps. My Lowry is on the other wall. I've myself considering something a bit sinister, maybe some Hammer horror stills or posters.

IMG_20220507_070209_877.jpg

Did you mean to space them like that or have you got subsidence?