What Artwork Do You Have In Your Home?

Done by a friend of a friend from Dublin, the original was part of a Bill Murray exhibition a few years back. 

I coughed on my coffee when i saw the live, laugh, love frame surrounded by psychos, brilliant. 

Wasn't there a Dundee fan on here a white back that created some brilliant pictures on MS paint? I'd like to see a throbber/mathematics picture from him. 

IMG_20200508_235921.jpg

2 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Done by a friend of a friend from Dublin, the original was part of a Bill Murray exhibition a few years back. 

I coughed on my coffee when i saw the live, laugh, love frame surrounded by psychos, brilliant. 

Wasn't there a Dundee fan on here a white back that created some brilliant pictures on MS paint? I'd like to see a throbber/mathematics picture from him. 

IMG_20200508_235921.jpg

@LiamDFC

15 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

IMG_20200508_235921.jpg

19 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Hiya eindhovendee,

Due to the quality of your paintings (and your kind words), I've gone ahead and picked your hero to draw. Not young Jocky, though, as I'm too young to remember him play for the Dee.  Woudln't be able to do him justice.

Instead, I've drawn him as I remember him at his best — cutting through the skies, jetpack on back and Leigh Griffiths in hand, getting everycunt telt in the process. Bit of a double-whammy, this ane. Going to give this a rest for a while now, will be back in a week with the next edition.

Have a good weekend a'bdy.

bigjock.jpg

He's still got it.

On 06/05/2020 at 11:11, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Not much on display, other than an old photo of The Cross in Kilmarnock and my certificate for a brick at RP - walls are apparently for family photos.

Plenty of albums with cracking art on them, mind - no matter what you think of Yes or Budgie, Roger Dean turned out some arresting images.

Manchester smart-arses 10cc had a few Psygnosis covers as well:

as did Pink Floyd*.

I've loads more, and I've always been a big fan of Albums as a total package. When I first got DSOTM and found it came with a poster, the stickers with Venus and Mars by Wings (TBTBCHB), the posters in the White Album - all lovely wee additions. Custom inner sleeves, lyrics, fold-outs like the Giger cover on Brain Salad Surgery - a joy that is gone forever. I even have a copy of "In Through The Out Door" which has the "magic painting" inner sleeve as well as the plain brown bag outer cover.

* Rumour had it that when you first slit the black plastic to get at the album, a whif of the odour of roasting flesh would be given off.

I'd love to have some Roger Dean art around the house but I don't think the Mrs would go for it. I actually had no idea who he was until many moons ago when I got into classic Yes, and admiring the album sleeves, suddenly realising I was looking at Shadow of the Beast. I've had this as my PC desktop wallpaper for years.

rogerdean.thumb.jpg.83f8dff2ba795641fb4b6cd4bd10de35.jpg

The missus gave these to me as a birthday present a few years ago; oil on canvas.

I asked what they depicted.  “Someplace in Italy”, was the reply.  They now adorn the walls of the dining room.

A036B54A-832C-4ED8-8724-C79A5D79C93E.thumb.jpeg.b9dbf05c64a6d83abca94e3302607eb2.jpegE746245B-4070-4A48-8ADE-58148B8A2339.thumb.jpeg.de23fc60de3ee479a5095cee822fd484.jpeg

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Been on these for a couple of weeks.

2 versions of Broughty Ferry Castle, at night and in the morning.

1m x 0.3m acrylic on canvas.

20200714_005733.jpg

20200714_005052.jpg

Ugly as f**k.

You/the artist have captured it beautifully though.