An Idiot's Guide to the West of Scotland Football League?!

25 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Do you see EK, Cumbernauld Colts or Glasgow BSC dropping down to the WoSL? At least 9 or 10 of the 16 clubs in the LL by 2030 will have a West Coast connection. It will be a Westie League within a decade.

None of those clubs are ex West Juniors. I think the first teams to drop out will be the South teams. Dalbeattie and Gretna. Could add Vale of Leithen and Coldstream to that even tho' they're in the East and I doubt Edinburgh Uni will last too long at this level. Of the teams that come down in the near future only Albion Rovers are in the West. And, Talbot aside, I don't see there being a huge jump between the best in the WoSFL and EoSFL. Bo'ness. Linlithgow Rose, Broxburn, Camelon, etc. will have just as much chance as progression as Clydebank, Pollok, Beith and co. Add to that there could probably be two or three West region clubs getting promoted to the SPFL in that time.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

None of those clubs are ex West Juniors. I think the first teams to drop out will be the South teams. Dalbeattie and Gretna. Could add Vale of Leithen and Coldstream to that even tho' they're in the East and I doubt Edinburgh Uni will last too long at this level. Of the teams that come down in the near future only Albion Rovers are in the West. And, Talbot aside, I don't see there being a huge jump between the best in the WoSFL and EoSFL. Bo'ness. Linlithgow Rose, Broxburn, Camelon, etc. will have just as much chance as progression as Clydebank, Pollok, Beith and co. Add to that there will probably be two or three West region clubs getting promoted in that time.

I'd add Hill of Beath, Penicuik, Tranent, Sauchie, Lothian THV, Tynecastle and Leith as potential solid LL clubs in the near future too. And there will doubtless be surprise packages too. Talk of a west takeover is as premature as it is predictable.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Other than a 5 year stint in the 1900s, why has Paisley not had a junior football team?

Reveal hidden contents

St. Mirren Juniors were only around for 4 years but did win the SJ Cup in 1916/17

It's been the biggest town on Scotland for going on 200 years so population isn't an issue and when you consider every shitehole in Ayrshire, Fife and the Lothians has a junior team, why not us?

Johnstone Burgh are just along the road

The head start the non-Junior and ex-Junior sides have over the West Region is probably bigger than the fans of West Junior clubs are aware of. A few years of Scottish Cup games, some good draws and decent runs, have gave them a financial head start against all in the West apart from Auchinleck. Can't see anyone in the West getting their license in time for the next couple of Scottish Cup draws or promotion to the Lowland League with this COVID19 stuff so there's still a lot of catching up to do for many of them.

Still stirring it, I see.
No, still telling the truth. There has been no announcement from the SJFA regarding the result of the vote on the constitution changes, despite the vote closing nine days ago. Until it is confirmed that the vote has passed, there is no guarantee that the WoSFL clubs will be allowed to play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they so wish.

Sorry if the truth is awkward for you to read.

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:

No, still telling the truth. There has been no announcement from the SJFA regarding the result of the vote on the constitution changes, despite the vote closing nine days ago. Until it is confirmed that the vote has passed, there is no guarantee that the WoSFL clubs will be allowed to play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they so wish.

Surely it's unthinkable that a governing body in Scottish football couldn't organize a vote and communicate the results competently.

3 hours ago, curzonmid said:

Mate it's junior football with a fancy new name.

Same teams,  same people involved,  same players,  fans still referring to it as the juniors,  junior cup still on go,  in time same officials running it.

You'll be lucky if it ever really changes club wise maybe one or two clubs will move up in ten year period. 

Active junior forum on the go here and active junior social media on twitter and a very healthy appreciation of junior football on facebook check them out! 

Didn't realise I've been following fancy football for 57 years...

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

That's still to be confirmed.

Even if the vote passes Covid19 has thrown off what could have happened with some clubs still playing in the competition. Focus is going to be on league football and the Scottish Cup in whats likely to be compressed schedule in 2020-21. Then in 2021-22 hopefully you'll have some clubs in the WoSFL licenced and the potential for a non-SFA members cup like the Alex Jack/Alba cups being created for the league.

Yep, still stirring it.
Ever since you've overthrown the committee at Glencairn you just have to keep on about how bad an idea it is for anyone to even consider staying with the SJFA. Probably some people at your own club not convinced yet?

9 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Yep, still stirring it.
Ever since you've overthrown the committee at Glencairn you just have to keep on about how bad an idea it is for anyone to even consider staying with the SJFA. Probably some people at your own club not convinced yet?

From a WoSFL point of view 2020-21s focus is going to be getting the leagues played and order them into a proper structure. Whenever that maybe. Junior Cup is very far from anyone's minds.

Yep, still stirring it.Ever since you've overthrown the committee at Glencairn you just have to keep on about how bad an idea it is for anyone to even consider staying with the SJFA. Probably some people at your own club not convinced yet?

Desperate. [emoji23] I didn't even mention anything about whether any team should stay in the SJFA in my post, I only pointed out that the result of the vote hasn't been declared yet. A bit touchy, I wonder why... [emoji23]