Conference B

Started a thread for all Conference B discussion. As a reminder the teams in this Conference are...

1. ANNBANK UNITED
  2. ARDEER THISTLE
  3. ASHFIELD
  4. CAMBUSLANG RANGERS
  5. CARLUKE ROVERS
  6. DALRY THISTLE
  7. GARTCAIRN
  8. GREENOCK JUNIORS
  9. KELLO ROVERS
  10. NEWMAINS UNITED
  11. PORT GLASGOW JUNIORS
  12. RENFREW
  13. ROYAL ALBERT
  14. SHETTLESTON
  15. ST. CADOC’S
  16. THORNIEWOOD UNITED

1 hour ago, Bakkali said:

We could've got landed with a better league travel wise but looking forward to it. 

Having moved back to Edinburgh six months ago I'm looking forward to even longer journeys just to get to home games at Merksworth Park.

Edited by Baldie2k19

On 05/05/2020 at 16:58, Baldie2k19 said:

Having moved back to Edinburgh six months ago I'm looking forward to even longer journeys just to get to home games at Merksworth Park.

You're lucky that we didn't get put in with the 8 teams from Ayrshire lol

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

Early predictions for potential champions?

I'm fully expecting Dalry to be up there in the mix. I've seen that St Cadoc's have been recruiting very good players and Renfrew were a good outfit this season. 

I can only hope for the best. 

11 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Who have Dalry kept and who have they signed?

I'm not in the know of that information. I'd imagine a lot of the players will be staying and the players leaving will be replaced with similar players. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s really hard to predict any of the leagues as some clubs will be in the position to build up for a challenge and some of the new entrants will be unknown quantities and some of the former second tier sides etc will likely show more ambition on a level playing field.

I’m hoping Greenock can do something but they’d need to recruit heavily to have a chance at a pop at the league. Can’t see it being likely they’ll finish in the top six even tbh as things stand. As long as they finish ahead of the Port!

2 hours ago, weeto said:

It’s really hard to predict any of the leagues as some clubs will be in the position to build up for a challenge and some of the new entrants will be unknown quantities and some of the former second tier sides etc will likely show more ambition on a level playing field.

I’m hoping Greenock can do something but they’d need to recruit heavily to have a chance at a pop at the league. Can’t see it being likely they’ll finish in the top six even tbh as things stand. As long as they finish ahead of the Port!

Greenock signed two decent defenders with premiership experience who would been good signings for most clubs