League verdict

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm the thinking they might just follow the EoS Conference model of a single round robin so they only have to set aside one week in the calendar. 

3 teams = Sat-Wed-Sat 

2 teams = Sat-Sat

1 team = automatic promotion 

If you did a double round robin with 3 teams it's 6 games over 3 saturdays/3 midweeks.

Aye that was my thinking when I said it was adding more games to the calendar. 

Difficult to fit in a double round robin. 

3 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Dalbeattie are a far better team than Threave  .Its a jump from SoS  to East never mind LL .

A few additions  ?  6-7 maybe .

To get to LL you would need to beat teams like  Linlithgow ( who were 10th )  ,

Camelon  Bo'ness  Musselburgh Tranent Penicuick  Broxburn

to name a few .

That's not happening

Some of the East  conference teams are well in front of SoS never mind the Premier East

Camelon beat us 4-0 this year in the Scottish Cup and a couple of weeks later Threave beat us 5-0 ! Have you seen them play lately , do you actually know anything about them ?

Gala only beat us 2-1 with a last minute winner in the South Region Challenge Cup this year and we were short half a dozen players that day ! 

Stranraer Reserves beat Darvel 3-1 last year and now they're now in the new West Premier , you getting my drift here ?

The South isn’t as strong as well all know and agree but it’s not as poor as you believe ! 

On 07/05/2020 at 21:01, AML67 said:

Camelon beat us 4-0 this year in the Scottish Cup and a couple of weeks later Threave beat us 5-0 ! Have you seen them play lately , do you actually know anything about them ?

Gala only beat us 2-1 with a last minute winner in the South Region Challenge Cup this year and we were short half a dozen players that day ! 

Stranraer Reserves beat Darvel 3-1 last year and now they're now in the new West Premier , you getting my drift here ?

The South isn’t as strong as well all know and agree but it’s not as poor as you believe ! 

The standard of the SOSL has improved during the last 4 or 5 seasons, although from a playing perspective it is a shame that Bonnyton will not be playing in the league in 2020/21, having joined the senior WoSL.

In this context, is it safe to assume that no new clubs applied to join the SoSL, before the 31st April closing date ?  Therefore a reduction of one club for next season , unless any other clubs have resigned? 

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

The standard of the SOSL has improved during the last 4 or 5 seasons, although from a playing perspective it is a shame that Bonnyton will not be playing in the league in 2020/21, having joined the senior WoSL.

In this context, is it safe to assume that no new clubs applied to join the SoSL, before the 31st April closing date ?  Therefore a reduction of one club for next season , unless any other clubs have resigned? 

You don't have to look far for your answer.Its on the new season thread on this forum. Pure laziness mate 🙄

Screenshot_20200512-172140_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, info said:

Bit early in the day for the drink Robert! Lock-down getting to you?

3 hours ago, info said:

Bit early in the day for the drink Robert! Lock-down getting to you?

It certainly is !   Because, I'm even seeing double, with 2 identical posts from you above,  where there should only be one ! 

How many wee drams have you been downing since the lock-down started?

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

You don't have to look far for your answer.Its on the new season thread on this forum. Pure laziness mate 🙄

Screenshot_20200512-172140_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you for your SoSL clarification (appreciated), and also for your polite response. 

On 13/05/2020 at 09:03, DG7 said:

I don't think Threave were devastated at not having a crack at the Lowland League. Another year in the SoSL won't be a bad thing.

I don’t really think Threave would’ve been favourites too beat Bo’ness in any two legged play off if that’s what you’ve assumed and also to be honest Stranraer were in with a real chance of winning the South unless you had dismissed them too ! 

• 1 month later...
On 14/05/2020 at 19:27, AML67 said:

I don’t really think Threave would’ve been favourites too beat Bo’ness in any two legged play off if that’s what you’ve assumed and also to be honest Stranraer were in with a real chance of winning the South unless you had dismissed them too ! 

No, not dismissing either of those teams. But my point is that the South League could have been called with Threave crowned champions. It was a real possibility. (For what it's worth I think the correct decision was made.) All I am saying is that I don't think Threave will be angry at missing out on a chance to go into the Lowland League. I think stability is more important right now.

6 hours ago, DG7 said:

No, not dismissing either of those teams. But my point is that the South League could have been called with Threave crowned champions. It was a real possibility. (For what it's worth I think the correct decision was made.) All I am saying is that I don't think Threave will be angry at missing out on a chance to go into the Lowland League. I think stability is more important right now.

Why would Threave have been declared Champions , on what basis ? PPG would have narrowly favoured Stranraer unless your suggesting being top when football was suspended was a sufficient factor ! I’d agree the decision was correct and the Lowland is still a big ask for any South side at the moment , more in terms of travelling for some although competing would be difficult over the course of a season as seen previously. I’d suggest winning any potential 3 way play off is now a far more difficult a prospect than actually trying to hold your own in the LL