What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

When there are 3 minutes added on and the ref cant wait to blow on exactly 3 minutes as if there couldnt be 3 and a half minutes of injury time. The other side of that is that if he does add 3 and a half minutes the fans dont understand that it's a minimum of 3 minutes.
The worst part of this is when the ref adds 3 minutes, then a goal is scored, a sub is made and a player goes down "injured". The ref arbitrarily adds 30 seconds and that's that. There needs to be some stronger guidance on that.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Footballers who can't even adequately use their weaker foot. 

Agreed. It's just complacency/laziness/lack of commitment.

I mind there was talk of a Scotland team a couple of years ago where there was panic because, due to injuries and folk pulling out of the squad, the whole back line was left footed. Mental nonsense and no wonder Scotland lags so far behind when it's being suggested that a professional football player at international level can't kick a ball properly with both feet.

Edited by DA Baracus

UK TV presenters fawning over the Republic of Ireland at international tournaments. Desperate to talk them up and give them the 'home nation' treatment. It's a foreign country, and I couldn't give a single shiny shite about Irish football or Irish footballers. Might as well be Botswana, Turks and Caicos Islands, or any other backwater foreign country you care to name. :angry:

The Turks and Caicos Islands are a UK territory.

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I mind there was talk of a Scotland team a couple of years ago where there was panic because, due to injuries and folk pulling out of the squad, the whole back line was left footed. Mental nonsense and no wonder Scotland lags so far behind when it's being suggested that a professional football player at international level can't kick a ball properly with both feet.

It only seems to apply to left-footers as well.

If Scotland line up with two left-footed centre backs there’s always some nutters claiming it will put us at a disadvantage. The same people say nothing on the countless occasions we start with two right-footers.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Arjen Robben.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The vast majority of footballers have been playing since they were young children, they kick a ball essentially every day as part of their job and some of them can't even do the basics with their weaker foot.  Nonsense.

Footballers who can't even adequately use their weaker foot. 
Agree.

I'm older. I'm fat. I can't really play football. But when I did I was a reasonably able forward who scored plenty with both feet. Didn't even think about it, regardless of type of chance etc.

I can't for the life of me work out why a footballer even has time to think about what foot to use in a game.

Football crest tattoos - The calling card of an absolute moron.
Why? Is the whole point of tattoos not to be things that are important to you/a big part of your life?

Makes far more sense than the endless roses and skulls folk seem to get.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Why? Is the whole point of tattoos not to be things that are important to you/a big part of your life?

Makes far more sense than the endless roses and skulls folk seem to get.

99.99% of all tattoos look absolutely rubbish.

On 06/06/2020 at 22:37, DA Baracus said:

Yes! Absolutely this!

Keepers are usually guessing. If not they always say after that they've studied penalty takers and see how they strike them. The St Mirren keeper had it on his water bottle in the playoff against Dundee United. If a single United player noticed that they'd have won. 

However, even if the keeper knows, a great penalty is near impossible to save. It absolutely is mostly about nerve, and they know the technique, and this is why England were (are?) so shit at them, and Germany have never lost one. I'd say it's at least 70% nerve, but practising them is a good bit of it too. The classic quote is if it hits the inside of the net it's a good penalty.

Just to clarify, it was the United keeper who had the notes on the water bottle.

They appear to have found Hladky's bottle as well 😉

EM6RcaqXUAEyJYa.jpg.b776402a6780ee635c7515bf976c0d3e.jpg

On 06/06/2020 at 22:37, DA Baracus said:

Yes! Absolutely this!

Keepers are usually guessing. If not they always say after that they've studied penalty takers and see how they strike them. The St Mirren keeper had it on his water bottle in the playoff against Dundee United. If a single United player noticed that they'd have won. 

However, even if the keeper knows, a great penalty is near impossible to save. It absolutely is mostly about nerve, and they know the technique, and this is why England were (are?) so shit at them, and Germany have never lost one. I'd say it's at least 70% nerve, but practising them is a good bit of it too. The classic quote is if it hits the inside of the net it's a good penalty.

When Caley Thistle beat Ross County last year apparently the ICT players had practiced penalties by taking them from inside the D.  Aside from Nathan Austin's slightly lucky winning penalty they were probably the best penalties I've ever seen from us in a shoot out.

Of the 99.99% of tattoos that look rubbish, I'm 100% sure that that the 0.01% of tattoos that do look not rubbish are not football-related.
I disagree. This football tattoo is a masterpiece...
Hearts-fan-Stan-Thomson-shows-off-his-massive-Romanov-tattoo.jpeg