What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

28 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

When a keeper is taking a goal kick, fans behind that goal giving it a massive 'You're shit AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...' that goes on as the ball's sailing down the ground. It was mainly an English lower league thing that was dying out through the play out from the back tactic but I've just heard it again during Portsmouth v Derby. God knows where, when and why it started but it's been around for a while. It's just pointless and awful.

I still remember where I first heard it funnily enough (a preseason game down in England coming from Leicester fans), primarily because I too thought it was dreadful. Sadly it wasn't long after that it became part of the generic, unimaginative nationwide fan songbook. Genuinely makes me cringe whenever I here it, it's bloody embarrassing. For an EFL match all you need to hear is this, 'Making all the noise' and 'You're support is fucking shit' and you've heard all you'll ever hear.

52 minutes ago, southernrover said:

I still remember where I first heard it funnily enough (a preseason game down in England coming from Leicester fans), primarily because I too thought it was dreadful. Sadly it wasn't long after that it became part of the generic, unimaginative nationwide fan songbook. Genuinely makes me cringe whenever I here it, it's bloody embarrassing. For an EFL match all you need to hear is this, 'Making all the noise' and 'You're support is fucking shit' and you've heard all you'll ever hear.

That's interesting as the first time I heard it was Leicester fans too, at home against Palace when they were both in the Championship so a while ago now. 

You can add 'this is a library' to the copy and paste boring collection too. Originality is generally a thing of the past. Just a pity there aren't more like, coincidently, Palace's 'we're Palace we're Palace' song. That's brilliant when in full flow. 

10 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

You can add 'this is a library' to the copy and paste boring collection too

*"is this a library?"

"Shall we sing a song for you?"

"We forgot that you were 'ere."

And the above mentioned "Your support is fukkin sh*t."

All of the above, sang by away fans, at every single EFL game everywhere. Plus, and bonus points for singing this in the first minute after a long journey that you voluntarily embarked on....

(Insert place name)'s a sh*thole, I wanna go home.

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

*"is this a library?"

"Shall we sing a song for you?"

"We forgot that you were 'ere."

And the above mentioned "Your support is fukkin sh*t."

All of the above, sang by away fans, at every single EFL game everywhere. Plus, and bonus points for singing this in the first minute after a long journey that you voluntarily embarked on....

Sadly all too common at Scottish grounds too, along with the abysmal 'Putting on a show' moronic chant.

On 24/11/2022 at 20:30, qpfc said:

Players that purposely hold their head and act like they’re out for the count to force play to stop when they’ve actually been tapped on the ankle. Infuriating 

Should be a red card every time.

I'm going to hate the incoming demands for 5-10 minutes of stoppage time each half to continue.

I get that ball in play time needs to increase. The way to do that is to hurry players along under threat of bookings.

The last thing I want is to spend almost 2 hours in a freezing stadium January watching goalkeepers still being allowed to take 90 seconds fannying about over a goal kick because it's all getting added on to keep me cold and wet for longer.

On 19/11/2022 at 10:28, DG.Roma said:

i was at a rochdale-bristol city game and this was sung.fair play to the rochdale fans for singing back "we already know,we already know,rochdales a shithole,we already know.you get to go home,you get to go home,weve got to stay here,you get to go home"

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Sky having to have both Ally McCoist and Andy Walker in the commentary box for the old firm game in the name of "balance"

Yes, I think having one good co-commentator and one awful co-commentator is quite balanced.

Still can't understand why Sky don't adopt this principle to their main commentary though....Ian Crocker has been terrible for years (did anyone hear his strangled "Kyo-goal")