What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

Dundee United fans had a pitch invasion earlier this season when they scraped by us (Ayr) on penalties in the last 16 of the League Cup.

Think that is without doubt the most minter-ific one I’ve witnessed.

Add to that the number of gimps who were doing their best “haud me back” impressions towards the Somerset Road End.

Edited by eez-eh

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Pitch invasions for things that do not deserve pitch invasions. I always felt they were a once in a few years event for a club with a promotion or league title win, or maybe miraculously avoiding relegation on the last day. I have absolutely nothing against a joyous pitch invasion for those once in a few years moments. But in recent years they are becoming a regular occurrence for things which don't deserve it. Off the top of my head in the last few weeks; Airdrie fans were on the pitch beating Montrose (great comeback, but still it's a play-off semi-final against a team we finished miles ahead of), Dundee Utd at Ross County (?!), Ayr against Partick Thistle, Notts Forest last night, I'm sure there's numerous others, it's just constant and incredibly small-time behaviour.

At the risk of sounding like a total bore, events like last night were inevitable eventually which will see stronger enforcements/punishments for clubs, maybe even netting or similar if it continues, meaning the genuinely worthy pitch invasion events can't happen. I've noticed it for a while now but last night was probably the tipping point!

I was at the Boro - Brentford play-off match in 2015. 

Boro won the tie 5-1, with the final goal coming around 80 mins in.

From the 85th minute onward people started congregating around the front rows and the edge of the pitch, and then ran on for a pitch invasion at the final whistle.

I stood shaking my head and my arms folded as I witnessed the choregraphed nonsense unfold in front of me. Pathetic. 

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Notts Forest

Now there's a way to upset their fans. They do not like that. This club you mention does not exist 😂. Their players are probably surrounding a poor referee somewhere demanding a booking for you.

18 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Pitch invasions for things that do not deserve pitch invasions. I always felt they were a once in a few years event for a club with a promotion or league title win, or maybe miraculously avoiding relegation on the last day. I have absolutely nothing against a joyous pitch invasion for those once in a few years moments. But in recent years they are becoming a regular occurrence for things which don't deserve it. Off the top of my head in the last few weeks; Airdrie fans were on the pitch beating Montrose (great comeback, but still it's a play-off semi-final against a team we finished miles ahead of), Dundee Utd at Ross County (?!), Ayr against Partick Thistle, Notts Forest last night, I'm sure there's numerous others, it's just constant and incredibly small-time behaviour.

At the risk of sounding like a total bore, events like last night were inevitable eventually which will see stronger enforcements/punishments for clubs, maybe even netting or similar if it continues, meaning the genuinely worthy pitch invasion events can't happen. I've noticed it for a while now but last night was probably the tipping point!

Agree with this. There's a real performative aspect to it now, probably made worse by social media and the need for videos, selfies etc.

Hugely over-done.

The moronic assumption that some people have that you either support Celtic or Rangers.

Them: what team do you support?

Me: Ayr United. 

Them: No, really. What team do you support?

Them: Aye, but do you support Celtic or Rangers?

Me: Neither.

Them: Aye, but are you Catholic or Protestant?

Them: Aye, but what school did you go to?

Me: What? Sorry, I was visualising booting your teeth out for asking stupid questions.

13 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

They double advertising boards you’re starting to see at grounds 

Manchester City a latest example, they’re just too distracting 

I have a theory that these electronic boards are meant to be distracting.  The ones in the World Cup/Euros are electronic but are more in a traditional style that only change periodically - some of the ones especially down south are so busy that it makes me wonder if it's deliberate.

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Have to say that I have never been asked this question*, nor seen it asked of anyone else.

However, my comparable annoyance would be somebody asking "who's your English team, you must have one".

Couldn't give a f*** about it other than watching MOTD on condition that I don't know the scores.  That said, today is an exception for obvious last day reasons.

"... yeah, but you like football yeah?"

"Aye, but I care about the EPL in the same way that you care about the Le League or whatever it is the French call their's."

*in person, before some smart arse asks it here. 😉

Edited by Hedgecutter

12 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Did Kevin Campbell just say (on SS- Super Sunday Match-day) that Kylian Mbappe ‘absolutely deserves’ a salary of £1 Million pounds per week!!?emoji15.png

And a signing on fee of £150m

On 22/05/2022 at 23:29, Hedgecutter said:

However, my comparable annoyance would be somebody asking "who's your English team, you must have one".

I grew up in West Lothian where it was all Rangers and Celtic fans with the EPL never being mentioned. I later moved to Edinburgh and every Hearts and Hibs fan seemed to also be really into one of the elite EPL clubs, most often Man Utd. 

On 22/05/2022 at 22:09, Richey Edwards said:

The moronic assumption that some people have that you either support Celtic or Rangers.

Them: what team do you support?

Them: No, really. What team do you support?

Them: Aye, but do you support Celtic or Rangers?

Them: Aye, but what school did you go to?

Me: What? Sorry, I was visualising booting your teeth out for asking stupid questions.

Loads of fans of English lower league club get sick of getting ask the "what's your favourite Premier League team?". That happens a lot these days...

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

Loads of fans of English lower league club get sick of getting ask the "what's your favourite Premier League team?". That happens a lot these days...

Whenever I'm asked what English Premier League team I support, I reply that I fucking hate the English Premier League and think that it represents everything wrong with modern football.

That usually brings the conversation to a close nicely.

I am maybe conflating terminally online football fans* and 'normal' football fans here, but that the only explanation for a team losing a game now is that they "bottled it".

It doesn't matter if you lose narrowly to a late goal after holding out for 85 minutes against a much better team with a playing budget that dwarfs yours, it can all be explained by the simple explanation that your team bottled it

* Yes, I know I have amassed over 8,000 posts on a Scottish football forum, and it is a source of genuine shame. 

Diving

Var

Shirt pulling

Play acting

Foul throws

Keepers pointlessly passing the ball around their own box

Slide tackling being banned 

Fifa playing the world cup in places like Qatar

Sky pretending the game didn't exist before 1992