What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
What?  They look idiotic. It screams out 'I'm a fucking moron who doesn't even know how to put on socks properly'.  I don't think I've ever seen anything look more stupid in my life.  

Certainly when I used to watch the greatest striker to ever grace the English top flight in Henry, I used to watch his genius and think - "god, look at the state of his socks. What a moron".

Fanboys are funny. Just cause he was a good player you assume everything he does is right and correct.  He doesn't know how to put on a pair of football socks, nobody has ever shown him, and he went through his entire career wearing them incorrectly.

Some of us are capable of noticing he was a good player AND that he didn't know how to put on a pair of socks.  High functioning I suppose.

The overwhelming disdain certain clubs and fanbases have for cup competitions. Managers like Klopp who will put the weakest squad possible out for League/FA Cup fixtures as they want to protect the stars for run of the mill league games.

Suppose its even worse for the teams who aren't even title challengers who value a 4th place finish over a national trophy. Money has totally fucked it.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Arsenal (and others) taking out loans worth over a hundred million from the government due to cash flow problems. Joke.

Aye, after spending fifty million on Partey, giving Aubameyang a new contract worth 200 grand a week and paying Ozil 50 grand a day to sit in the stands.  If they need 120 million sell a couple of players, the transfer window is open.  This is abusing a scheme set up to help businesses that actually need help.

Arsenal also sacked about fifty people recently to save money, right after spending fifty million on Partey.  Horrible club.

Folk saying a player "loves a goal against us" because three of his two hundred career goals have come against that team.

This annoys me twofold: firstly, that people are taking tiny sample sizes and thinking they're statistically significant; secondly, I'm sure that player loves scoring against all teams.

See also: former player "guaranteed" to score against old club.

Van Nistelrooy was better anyway.  Best centre forward every to play in the premiership.  Henry was a converted winger who could run fast and 80% of his goals were identical.

Cmon now, Henry is a player who could run fast and 80% of his goals were identical!!! RVN was good but nowhere near the player Henry was...

41 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Cmon now, Henry is a player who could run fast and 80% of his goals were identical!!! RVN was good but nowhere near the player Henry was...

Nah that's pish I'm afraid.

Henry club career (even including his spell in the MLolS being extremely generous) 794 games 360 goals

Van Nistelrooy club career 592 games 349 goals

Henry 0.45 goals per game

Van Nistelrooy 0.58 goals per game, and never played in the MLolS.

Here are their stats, you'll note career trajectories pretty similar, RVN outscores Henry at every stage of their careers and at every level.  Henry also failed at Juventus, RVN never failed anywhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_van_Nistelrooy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Henry

Henry was incredibly quick, and 80% of his goals were passing it in the far bottom corner after being too fast to catch.  RVN was a predator who could score every type of goal, no pace, just talent and a brain. Definitely the better player of the two.  RVN also lead the line and held the ball up, brought others into play. 

Henry notorious, saw him myself and noticed this, for standing around doing nothing for ages then springing to life when the ball got played to him.  Contributed nothing to the team when he wasn't scoring goals. 

Edited by Carnoustie Young Guvnor

Afraid I have to disagree with you on this mate... Henry was phenomenal, in his prime he was literally unplayable!!! Not disputing that RVN was a great goal scorer but he was nowhere near Henry, his pace was frightening and he done some ridiculous things on the ball and scored some outstanding goals! Imo he is the best foreign player to play in the premier league!

Kris Boyd outscored Larsson but doesn’t make him anywhere near the level of him!

As for coming alive when he gets the ball that’s what all great entertainers do... he glided past players with ease! An absolute joy to watch

3 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Afraid I have to disagree with you on this mate... Henry was phenomenal, in his prime he was literally unplayable!!! Not disputing that RVN was a great goal scorer but he was nowhere near Henry, his pace was frightening and he done some ridiculous things on the ball and scored some outstanding goals! Imo he is the best foreign player to play in the premier league!

Kris Boyd outscored Larsson but doesn’t make him anywhere near the level of him!

As for coming alive when he gets the ball that’s what all great entertainers do... he glided past players with ease! An absolute joy to watch

Fair enough 

Didn't RVN only score a handful of goals from further out than the penalty spot? He was the ultimate definition of a goal poacher and an incredibly good one at that. On all round play Henry wins it hands down though.

Henry wear socks above his knees, Oli McBurnie wears socks around his ankles.

I know what I'd be coaching to kids to do if they want to make it to the top...