What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

At the lower end of the English game, you get a lot of moaning at the ref if you get fouled and every challenge against you should be a booking.  It could just be me, but it doesn't seem as prevalent in Scotland.  Obviously, I am glad the outright thuggery in the game has been binned, but I do miss when players just got up, noted who'd fouled them and repaid the original offence.

On 30/09/2023 at 06:49, Salvo Montalbano said:

Very much an English thing. I think I've heard every English commentator, pundit, journalist, podcaster etc say it at one time of another. Sadly, it's creeping into Scottish broadcasting repertoire now, mostly since guys like Sutton, McCoist, Nevin, etc have worked in England for so long. Really pisses me off, but then English folk can't cope with the word "outwith" either so what hope have we got?

Separated by a common language and all that.  Outwith always seems to precede mention of the Old Firm.  Dropping the 'of' after plenty has caused me to re-read a few sentences, when I used to think it was a typo.  I now prefer players to go "back the way", which sounds cooler than just passing it back.