What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

The latest copy and paste song 

"we've got super <manager >

He knows exactly what we need 

With <player> at the back 

And <other player> in attack 

<team> are gonna <achievement ending in “league" >"

Arsenal being particularly bad as Mikel Arteta doesn't fit into the first line 

Edited by Fuctifano

15 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The complete lack of imagination from fans groups and 'ultras'.  A few years back someone decided to start stealing opposition fans flags and then every second year school aged 'ultras' group started doing the same.  

Plus all the flags with Stone Roses, Smiths or The Enemy quotes on them. Here are some common examples:

- Sent to me from heaven, you are my world

- There is a light that never goes out 

- We'll live and die in these towns 

Seen many flags across the UK with those exact quotes. Yawn.

There's often a real sense of entitlement about these groups as apparently scrapping and singing some songs make them more important fans.  There's also the side to them that make them think being an ultra makes them tough but the first hint of confrontation they do a runner.  

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I was talking about this with someone today. All clubs' (young teams) seem to have settled on exactly the same songbooks.

I had Motherwell v Hibs on the radio the other day, and the Hibs young team were belting out a decent noise. But if I'd put it on and not known who was playing, I could have mistaken it for the Hearts young team, such is the crossover of songs/chants these days.

I'm all for the noise these lads make, but the lack of variety from club to club is getting dull. I've been all over the UK watching fitba the last couple of years, and I've lost count of just how many players or clubs are 'putting on a show'.

Far too much copy and paste these days.

Edited by DoingThe42

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I think they say "Mi(c)k" Arteta, which is good enough for me.

The worst offenders in Scotland are those that force an extra syllable into the word Ayr.

Should be an automatic match forfeit when the copy and paste songs are heard, especially that stupid 'No No, No No No No' shite. 

(Cue groups of fans sneaking into the other end to start a chant and get their opponents binned......). 

On 10/01/2023 at 20:26, Fuctifano said:

First time I heard that in person was Chelsea fans. Here's the interchangeable bits...

<We've got super Tommy Tuchel> (No you don't)

<Toni at the back> (Gone)

<Timo in attack> (Gone)

<We're gonna win the Premier League> (No you're not)

On 10/01/2023 at 21:20, DA Baracus said:

Plus all the flags with Stone Roses, Smiths or The Enemy quotes on them. Here are some common examples:

- Sent to me from heaven, you are my world

- There is a light that never goes out 

- We'll live and die in these towns 

Seen many flags across the UK with those exact quotes. Yawn.

Was at a Crewe game once,in one corner was a flag with 

"Born in Crewe

Live in Crewe

Die in Crewe" on it.possibly the most depressing thing I've ever seen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The fuss around Graham Potter making light of the weekend's handball incident in an interview is symptomatic of what I hate about fitba.

Potter failed the Real Fitba Man test by actually applying his own personality to a situation of adversity and shrugging off a setback as something that just happens in life rather than putting on his angry face and whipping up a social media storm of outrage at incompetence or conspiracy against his club.

It's not just a 'think of the children' thing in terms of setting an example (keeping in mind refs at lower levels are regularly assaulted throughout the UK with no protection), but it's about what standards the game expects of its most high profile people.

Not only is he being criticised (by respected ex-pros and journalists alike) for not behaving like a baby, he's being criticised for not pretending to be angrier than he is to whip up a storm. I genuinely despair. It says a lot about the culture of fitba, what it makes people, and what it expects from them.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 10/01/2023 at 21:28, Highland Capital said:

There's often a real sense of entitlement about these groups as apparently scrapping and singing some songs make them more important fans.  There's also the side to them that make them think being an ultra makes them tough but the first hint of confrontation they do a runner.  

On this subject, the Celtic Ultras are asking for the standing section to be expanded, which would obviously affect other ST holders who sit in the area. Obviously not all of them want to stand and people are having a go at them saying they’re selfish because it’d create a better atmosphere. Some of them have been sitting there since the stand was built but they’re apparently worse fans because they don’t want to (or can’t) stand and sing all game. Everyone has paid their money and they’re entitled to sit in silence or sing all day but nobody should act like they’re better fans because of it. 

I mentioned earlier in this thread about football's obsession with death but there seems to be a minute's silence every other week now.  How often do you see minute's silences in rugby?  Or tennis?  Or athletics?  Or cricket?  Or Formula 1?  

On 17/02/2023 at 21:35, Highland Capital said:

I mentioned earlier in this thread about football's obsession with death but there seems to be a minute's silence every other week now.  How often do you see minute's silences in rugby?  Or tennis?  Or athletics?  Or cricket?  Or Formula 1?  

If I haven't turned over from rugby or formula 1, it probably means I'm due a minutes silence.