What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

On 01/07/2022 at 16:38, oneteaminglasgow said:

That was Simon Colina Dominguez who we signed the same season as Piccolo.

Made zero competitive appearances for us, and has since bounced around the lower leagues in Cyprus, Poland, Norway, Iceland and was most recently plying his trade in Andorra.

We also had Henoc Mukendi on loan from Liverpool that season, who played about 4 minutes in a league cup game and was never seen again. He’s gone on to play for a litany of English clubs that no ones ever heard of:

EF22105A-21FC-4E7A-A0D3-8523912DCC0B.thumb.jpeg.24c8c0dc874a8560cddbc22af1a4320e.jpeg

Our clubs signing shit like this rather than giving youth players a chance 

Another Twitter-based complaint, alas, but football fans wishing each other well on social media after their teams have played each other; and especially after an opposition fan is vaguely complimentary about their team or, more commonly, their support. 

One particularly grating example seems to be a variation of: 

'I have to say, [Opposition Team]'s supporters have to the loudest I have heard at [My Team's Home Stadium] all season! Didn't stop singing all game! Respect to them! 👏👍'

Typical reply:

'Fair play, mate! Thought your boys were brilliant today. [Centre Forward Name] is a hell of a player! All the best for the rest of the season! 👍'

I mean, it's positive to see people being nice to each other on social media, but I just find that whole genre of Tweets nauseating.

Edited by DrewDon

'Fair play, mate! Thought your boys were brilliant today. [Centre Forward Name] is a hell of a player! All the best for the rest of the season! [emoji106]'

Except when you're playing us!

On 01/07/2022 at 14:28, Highland Capital said:

I think I've mentioned this before but fans who refer to players exclusively by their first names. 

There's a Motherwell poster on here who keeps naming the manager as 'Grezza' in all their posts. 

I've went from a size 11 feet to a size 4 as my toes curl that drastically every time I read it.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Another Twitter-based complaint, alas, but football fans wishing each other well on social media after their teams have played each other; and especially after an opposition fan is vaguely complimentary about their team or, more commonly, their support. 

'I have to say, [Opposition Team]'s supporters have to the loudest I have heard at [My Team's Home Stadium] all season! Didn't stop singing all game! Respect to them! 👏👍'

Typical reply:

'Fair play, mate! Thought your boys were brilliant today. [Centre Forward Name] is a hell of a player! All the best for the rest of the season! 👍'

I mean, it's positive to see people being nice to each other on social media, but I just find that whole genre of Tweets nauseating.

That's class mate. 👏

From a Hearts supporter. 👊

Naked greed continues to blight the modern game. Despite returning to the riches of the English Premiership, Fulham FC have set their Category (A) game ticket prices at £100.00. How can an ordinary working family afford that ffs!!?[emoji15]
https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/fulham-shock-fans-with-new-season-ticket-prices-4421211

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Typical reply:

Doing nothing to alleviate the sterotype of the dour Dons fan, imho.

Manchester United v Liverpool - friendly playing in Bangkok (Thailand national stadium) on Tuesday.

cheapest ticket you can buy ฿15,000 or £400

Double the average monthly wage. 

Then going onto the BBC website and they are giving it the WOW look what's happening over there. They gave 500baht to 1000 folk to go to the airport to make some noise.

Nae c***s here is giving a f**k.  It's rent a crowd stuff. (They priced out the people and now rent folk to along to cheer on any team they want).

Who is paying for all this shite?  The Thai Government, trying to look good internationally.

Players who go by a nickname so it's what they have on the back of their shirt. I just find it a bit cringey.
Bonus points go to Trézéguet, formerly of Aston Villa. You're not 8 years old and playing on the school playground.
I agree with you, but Trezeguet was my favourite player for a while and one of life's good c***s so he gets a pass from me.

9 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Manchester United v Liverpool - friendly playing in Bangkok (Thailand national stadium) on Tuesday.

cheapest ticket you can buy ฿15,000 or £400

Double the average monthly wage. 

Then going onto the BBC website and they are giving it the WOW look what's happening over there. They gave 500baht to 1000 folk to go to the airport to make some noise.

Nae c***s here is giving a f**k.  It's rent a crowd stuff. (They priced out the people and now rent folk to along to cheer on any team they want).

Who is paying for all this shite?  The Thai Government, trying to look good internationally.

That sounds like a much more interesting angle instead of the puff piece from BBC chief Premier League/Man Utd fluffer Simon Stone.

D

11 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Players who go by a nickname so it's what they have on the back of their shirt. I just find it a bit cringey.

Bonus points go to Trézéguet, formerly of Aston Villa. You're not 8 years old and playing on the school playground.

Not on the back of shirts but players in non-league who have the nickname of a much more famous player- Pele, Deco etc.

They are invariably shite

12 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Not on the back of shirts but players in non-league who have the nickname of a much more famous player- Pele, Deco etc.

They are invariably shite

When I played 5s I wore the most  nondescript gear I could find. I always thought missing an open goal in a shirt with Messi or Ronaldo was more than my self respect could take.

I think it went back to Liverpool beating Palace 9-0 when Palace wore their away "Brazil" strip.

On 11/07/2022 at 07:04, NorthernLights said:

Learn something everyday I had no idea that was a nickname! 

On 30/06/2022 at 23:04, Highland Capital said:

People who uses a player's youth/young career as a barometer of how good a player is.  You usually see it when there's a new signing who fans aren't impressed with.  There's always some happy clapper who says something like "Well he was in Celtic's youth team so he must have something!"

You see it particularly with English players who've been at the big clubs down south but the Premier League clubs' academies are absolutely massive.  I've seen former Arsenal and Man United academy players join Caley Thistle in the past and some of them were absolutely pish.

Aberdeen had a player Niclas Fabiano, nicknamed " the great white hope"  who was at the famous Bleomfontain football academy in France with Cisse, Trezeguet etc .

And he sums up your point

• 3 weeks later...