What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

The World Cup being held in a country in which homosexuality is punishable by death.

The slogan "football is for everyone" is thrown about these days, and the opportunity was there to put that into practice. Unfortunately, the football world cares more about money than it does for persecuted groups.

The absence of a boycott speaks volumes, and gestures like the rainbow laces campaign seem hollow.

It turns out that football is not for everyone after all.

Jamie Carragher on everywhere.
Spitting on people made him famous.
What?

He was a pretty main pundit for when that happened. He's somehow managed to get through that unscathed, but he's definitely not gained from it.

The World Cup being held in a country in which homosexuality is punishable by death.
The slogan "football is for everyone" is thrown about these days, and the opportunity was there to put that into practice. Unfortunately, the football world cares more about money than it does for persecuted groups.
The absence of a boycott speaks volumes, and gestures like the rainbow laces campaign seem hollow.
It turns out that football is not for everyone after all.
I'd respect the SFA and the Scotland national team alot more if they put everything into qualifying only to tell them to shove their world cup up their arse, unfortunately that'll never happen. Hope there are record low attendances for this fucking winter world cup atrocity.

Fifa will be delighted when the Qatar World Cup is over.

Who'd have thought that giving the World Cup to a country with almost no ready-built stadiums, a history of numerous human rights abuses, the continued oppression of LGBTQI+ people, having their new stadiums built by people on literally buttons with very little rights, a place so hot in the summer that they had to move the entire competition to the winter disrupting the vast majority of European leagues and competitions, an absolutely abysmal national side, a history of giving foreign players citizenship to play for said abysmal national team that was condemned by Fifa itself and numerous allegations of corruption and all of a sudden people start asking questions!

Edited by Highland Capital

On 22/05/2022 at 22:09, Richey Edwards said:

The moronic assumption that some people have that you either support Celtic or Rangers.

Them: what team do you support?

Me: Ayr United. 

Them: No, really. What team do you support?

Them: Aye, but do you support Celtic or Rangers?

Me: Neither.

Them: Aye, but are you Catholic or Protestant?

Them: Aye, but what school did you go to?

Me: What? Sorry, I was visualising booting your teeth out for asking stupid questions.

Unfortunately in the West of Scotland this is a common occurrence. ‘Aye but you must prefer one of them. You must like one better than the other. What team did your Dad support? How come you support St Mirren if your Dad supported Celtic…’

There’s 8 Celtic fans in my work and 5 Rangers, the Friday before an old firm I start to get ‘who you wanting to win tomorrow?’. I usually reply with ‘who’s playing?’ as to not enlarge their egos that everyone stops what they are doing to watch an old firm. I had the Celtic fans asking me in the run up to the Europa League final who I wanted to win and it started to become quite desperate. I actually pity some of them if they genuinely need to receive that validation. It’s similar to Scottish football pundits who are constantly worrying about what English people think of our game. 

On 22/05/2022 at 22:09, Richey Edwards said:

The moronic assumption that some people have that you either support Celtic or Rangers.

Them: what team do you support?

Them: No, really. What team do you support?

Them: Aye, but do you support Celtic or Rangers?

Them: Aye, but are you Catholic or Protestant?

Them: Aye, but what school did you go to?

Me: What? Sorry, I was visualising booting your teeth out for asking stupid questions.

Tell them you want them both to get pumped

Related to two things that have been brought up previously:

Getting a trophy for winning the play off final in England. Insert oooft gif here, that is truly a minter. 

Michah Richards being everywhere. I don't mind him as a pundit, but just stick to one broadcaster, eh? He seems to be on MotD on BBC 1 (and the MotD Top Ten podcast with Lineker and Shearer where he replaced Ian Wright), Super Sunday on Sky Sports and does Champions League on BT. Fully expect him to be one of the pundits when Channel 4 take over live coverage of the England national team games.

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Getting a trophy for winning the play off final in England. Insert oooft gif here, that is truly a minter. 

Michah Richards being everywhere. I don't mind him as a pundit, but just stick to one broadcaster, eh? He seems to be on MotD on BBC 1 (and the MotD Top Ten podcast with Lineker and Shearer where he replaced Ian Wright), Super Sunday on Sky Sports and does Champions League on BT. Fully expect him to be one of the pundits when Channel 4 take over live coverage of the England national team games.

Don't think he does BT does he? It's the CBS Champions League coverage he does with Henry and Carragher but that's not supposed to be broadcast here, although i'm aware many will have access to it via IPTV etc.

Edited by Christophe

4 hours ago, Christophe said:

Don't think he does BT does he? It's the CBS Champions League coverage he does with Henry and Carragher but that's not supposed to be broadcast here, although i'm aware many will have access to it via IPTV etc.

Oh is that right? I don't watch it, but I see clips and photos and the set looks the same so I assumed it was BT. Still pretty ubiquitous these days though.

6 hours ago, God Bless Lemmy said:

Stroppy feckers getting sent off in injury time for no reason whatsoever. P***ks...

Oops, sorry - I''m a newbie, so hello all!

What do you mean? Do you have an example?

On 28/05/2022 at 22:08, Binos said:

Players pretending to have a head knock when they don't,  just to break up opposition play

Refs going along with it when they know fine well the guys cheating 

I have never seen as many goalkeepers go down with cramp as I have in the last 12 months. Another bit of blatant cheating.

On 01/06/2022 at 06:29, Salvo Montalbano said:

The trophy think doesn’t bother me as you’re essentially winning a mini tournament but you’re not wrong about Richards