What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

I'm pretty open to arguments for and against summer football, but the one argument I can't stand is that moronic "wHaT iF sCoTlANd QuAlIFy FoR a MaJoR tOuRnAMent?!?!”

For 23 years, that problem wouldn't have arisen and even if it did, why would it matter?  Chances are (even if Scotland qualified) the hit to the leagues would be pretty small as I imagine the majority of the Scotland team would be England-based.  If Scotland didn't qualify, the hit would be even weaker (only three SPL players were in Euro 2008).  There'd be nothing to stop the leagues stopping for a month.  This next World Cup will be during the regular season anyway so there might have to be some halt regardless.

Anyway, from 1998 onwards, Iceland, Ireland, USA, Norway, Sweden and maybe a few others have competed at major tournaments and managed to have summer seasons without any trouble.

Edited by Highland Capital

Guest TheJTS98
On 06/02/2021 at 19:24, Highland Capital said:

I'm pretty open to arguments for and against summer football, but the one argument I can't stand is that moronic "wHaT iF sCoTlANd QuAlIFy FoR a MaJoR tOuRnAMent?!?!”
For 23 years, that problem wouldn't have arisen and even if it did, why would it matter?  Chances are (even if Scotland qualified) the hit to the leagues would be pretty small as I imagine the majority of the Scotland team would be England-based.  If Scotland didn't qualify, the hit would be even weaker (only three SPL players were in Euro 2008).  There'd be nothing to stop the leagues stopping for a month.  This next World Cup will be during the regular season anyway so there might have to be some halt regardless.
Anyway, from 1998 onwards, Iceland, Ireland, USA, Norway, Sweden and maybe a few others have competed at major tournaments and managed to have summer seasons without any trouble.

It's one of these questions only asked by people who don't realise that loads and loads of countries cope just fine with having calendar-year seasons.

South Korea, for example, qualify for more tournaments than we do these days, and the K-League copes just fine with a March - November season.

Many people don't seem to know that there's a whole load of countries who don't do things the way we do them. And, funnily enough, some of those countries are more successful than we are.

That people consider footballers having any kind of interests/life outside of as “not being focused on their game”.

They have plenty of time outside training to do other things and it’s part of having a healthy life to have some wider interests. 

38 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Folk covering their mouths when they're speaking.  Do they think folk really care what they're saying? 

Making your hands into a heart goal celebrations.  Cringeworthy Instagrammy pish.

Anyone doing it should instantly have their goal disallowed and be red carded, with a length ban to follow 

The absolute love in for Marcus Rashford. What he’s done off the park deserves all the praise he gets. However, he is a very average footballer. Loads of pace but little else. Likewise Almiron of Newcastle and Raheem Sterling. Vastly overrated the 3 of them

The absolute love in for Marcus Rashford. What he’s done off the park deserves all the praise he gets. However, he is a very average footballer. Loads of pace but little else. Likewise Almiron of Newcastle and Raheem Sterling. Vastly overrated the 3 of them

The entire Engerland team and any "upcoming stars" are vastly overrated. It's as if the idiot pundits keep saying their players are that good it may actually come true.

10 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Players pretending to check their nose for blood

Any player that goes down holding their head should be immediately subbed as it can be an indicator that they might have suffered a concussion.

Wait,  what do you mean that your head doesn’t actually hurt?

Raheem Sterling is class. There’s been a general turnaround on the perception of him given a load of people realised they were basing their opinion of him on racist coverage from the tabloids and a load of Liverpool leaning pundits berating him for having the temerity to leave the Kop but he’s by far the best England player they’ve produced in years. About the only one that’s exciting to watch, imo.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Raheem Sterling is class. There’s been a general turnaround on the perception of him given a load of people realised they were basing their opinion of him on racist coverage from the tabloids and a load of Liverpool leaning pundits berating him for having the temerity to leave the Kop but he’s by far the best England player they’ve produced in years. About the only one that’s exciting to watch, imo.

Agree with most of that. Sterling used to have a lack of an end product (as youd expect with a youngster) so as an England fan I always found him frustrating but over the last 2 or 3 years he has undoubtedly been our best player. I feel like since everyone accepted he wasn't a scumbag and realised the media were being racist arseholes he's not talked about enough.