What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Presumably it refers to coaches getting sacked after a poor run of results

But there will be about as many people keeping their jobs because of dodgy decisions bringing bad runs to an end

Exactly. It balances out.

For every admin job lost at a relegated club, there is a job saved at a surviving club. It just doesn't matter.

The rights and wrongs of the refereeing decisions that in a minor way contribute to the process are trivial.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think you're going back a bit too far there. 150 years ago the English were still taking throw ins by rolling the ball along the ground one handed.

I'm not sure of your age but from what I gather coin tosses were still deciding games in your lifetime. The first substitute in Scottish football was also in the sixties. I quite like three points for a win as well.

Well a hundred years then, pedantic much?

Fuckin coin tosses, 3 points is good I'll give you that.  

Know what else I hate about football, you hear it just now on TV with no fans.  Used to do my tits in.  c***s shouting all the time.  Shut the f**k up. See if you're running down the wing and want the ball, I can fuckin see you, you don't need to scream like its the end of the world I know you're there.  I'm aware of how many players we have and where there is likely to be one, so shut up.

See when a corner comes over and the keeper and defenders shout 'AWAAAAAAY' you're like no shit, I was planning on bringing it down on my chest you utter fanny. Once as a kid I got put through on goal, and someone shouted 'FINISH' I'm like what did you think I was gonna do with it look for a one-two?  Fuckin fannies.  Shut up.  

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

^^ Pep's is totally pished and having a total meltdown

He must have had a bucket of Buckie already! 😂

He's giving you the player's perspective though. If you've not played the game at decent level, like him, you won't understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t think any pundit could have a more annoying voice/accent than Jamie Carragher or Steve McManaman perhaps but Stephen Warnock is running them pretty close tonight on MOTD2, Jeez it’s so fuckin droning and monotonous. Clear regional pattern emerging I guess.[emoji847]

On 19/12/2020 at 19:05, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Know what else I hate about football, you hear it just now on TV with no fans.  Used to do my tits in.  c***s shouting all the time.  Shut the f**k up. See if you're running down the wing and want the ball, I can fuckin see you, you don't need to scream like its the end of the world I know you're there.  I'm aware of how many players we have and where there is likely to be one, so shut up.

See when a corner comes over and the keeper and defenders shout 'AWAAAAAAY' you're like no shit, I was planning on bringing it down on my chest you utter fanny. Once as a kid I got put through on goal, and someone shouted 'FINISH' I'm like what did you think I was gonna do with it look for a one-two?  Fuckin fannies.  Shut up.  

Are mute buttons also what you hate about tvs?

On 19/12/2020 at 19:05, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

cocaine.gif.553102a926f59a7831392b50380fb86d.gif

One that still boils my pish to this day even just playing 5s or 7s is when there’s a man on and nae c**t shouts “man on!” 
Used to play with a group of guys who would shout this almost all the time when no one was near the man in possession. Convinced they had no clue what it meant and just felt they had to shout it.

My new thing is linesmen taking days to raise the flag. Foden was about half a yard offside there, ran from just inside the opposition half, scored and then the flag goes up. A fucking nonsense.

Guest TheJTS98
5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Used to play with a group of guys who would shout this almost all the time when no one was near the man in possession. Convinced they had no clue what it meant and just felt they had to shout it.

My new thing is linesmen taking days to raise the flag. Foden was about half a yard offside there, ran from just inside the opposition half, scored and then the flag goes up. A fucking nonsense.

Is that not a VAR thing, though? They're told to just let it go and deal with it later so the opponents don't stop when it might be ok?

The whole thing is shite, mind.

Is that not a VAR thing, though? They're told to just let it go and deal with it later so the opponents don't stop when it might be ok?
The whole thing is shite, mind.
I think so. It's just utterly fucking ridiculous though. Two separate occasions in the Man City game the attacker was a good half yard offside yet play continued. Why do we need VAR for calls like that? Let the linesmen do their job ffs.

I'm glad I don't support a team in the top flight and have to attend games. It pisses me off enough as a neutral.

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think so. It's just utterly fucking ridiculous though. Two separate occasions in the Man City game the attacker was a good half yard offside yet play continued. Why do we need VAR for calls like that? Let the linesmen do their job ffs.

I'm glad I don't support a team in the top flight and have to attend games. It pisses me off enough as a neutral.

It is baws.

I got in a season ahead of most people with VAR because they used it in the K-League. Plenty of afternoons standing around in the cold for a few minutes waiting to see if a goal was a goal etc.

That offside thing is infuriating. Especially because in some instances the game can rumble on for a good few minutes. There was one incident in a Seoul - Jeonbuk game where there was an attack that wasn't flagged that -a few minutes of unbroken play later - led to a penalty appeal that had to be checked and the whole thing took forever. In the end it was offside.

Edited by TheJTS98

On 19/12/2020 at 11:59, Diamonds are Forever said:

I'm genuinely amazed that TV companies haven't picked up on this and wanted it changed. Apparently the average time a ball is in play is 60 minutes (god knows what it is in Scottish lower leagues with no multi-ball system and balls getting booted into empty stands). One simple change would increase their playing time coverage by 50%. Given the obsession with accuracy in other areas of the game it has always puzzled me why something as fundamental as how long the game is played for seems to be so 'unscientific' (why is it at the end of a 5-0 thrashing there is only ever 1 minute of stoppage time, no matter how many stoppages there has actually been?!).

Like you, I'd probably get bored and not be able to sit through it all. But on the other hand you'd probably get some time back due to a decrease in players time wasting. For a short while at least it would be really interesting to see, I think it would have a bigger effect on how teams approach games than we might think. It would also be much harder for underdogs to beat better teams, which given the power the big clubs hold is another reason I'm surprised it hasn't been suggested.

Football was never intended to have the ball in play for 90 minutes. The match is supposed to last 90 minutes, but normal stoppages are included as part of that. Stoppage time is only supposed to account for lengthier, more unexpected delays to the game, for example injuries.